daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 26th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #10601
rakcancer
Registered User
 
rakcancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: XYZ
Posts: 1,198
Likes (Received): 1170

It looks like almost every bigger project around Warsaw is urgent. There is so much to do. Complete the ring, connect it with already finished S8, S7 on each side. On the top of that Warsaw still needs better inter-borough connections especially between North and South Praga and between Wola and Ochota and Mokotow no mention such an obvious missing links like between Ursynow and Wilanow. I think it is a shame that so much money is taken away from tax income of city of Warsaw and distributed to poorer regions of Mazovia. Warsaw is generating something like 90% of GDP in Mazovia and yet is totally underinvested.
__________________

panthiocodin liked this post
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #10602
Poul_
薄利多銷寵大企業。
 
Poul_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: KRAKÓW
Posts: 1,339
Likes (Received): 839


exactly
__________________
Poul_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #10603
Proterra
Korpus niedyplomatyczny
 
Proterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kowaniec
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
It looks like almost every bigger project around Warsaw is urgent. There is so much to do. Complete the ring, connect it with already finished S8, S7 on each side. On the top of that Warsaw still needs better inter-borough connections especially between North and South Praga and between Wola and Ochota and Mokotow no mention such an obvious missing links like between Ursynow and Wilanow. I think it is a shame that so much money is taken away from tax income of city of Warsaw and distributed to poorer regions of Mazovia. Warsaw is generating something like 90% of GDP in Mazovia and yet is totally underinvested.
Isn't it the case that Mazovia doesn't get EU structural funding because Warsaw is too rich, and because of the relative size of Warsaw within Mazovia, the whole of Mazovia gets above the threshold, despite the rest of Mazovia being one of the poorest regions in Poland?

Ideally, greater Warsaw should become another voivodeship in my opinion. Besides the whole financial thing, Warsaw is just too dominant within the current Mazovia. And it just sucks for the good people of Radom or Płock to be driving around with licence plates that start with "W"... They deserve better...
Proterra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #10604
javimix19
Registered User
 
javimix19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Donostia-San Sebastián
Posts: 749
Likes (Received): 1328

Hi, I have a question:

- How is the quality of roads in Eastern Poland?
I read that region is the poorest of Poland and perhaps it suffers a lack of investment I don't know.

- Is the Government of Poland investing in the East of the country like in the West? Or the priority is connection with Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia?
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #10605
Sasza
Człoooowieku
 
Sasza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gdańsk/Suwałki
Posts: 1,641
Likes (Received): 4736


It's not like that. East is more poor because of history (over century in Russian Empire in XIX and then Soviet occupation until 1989) and it's less populated than central areas.


It's condtion of polish National Roads (thicker lines) and Voivodship Roads (thinner lines).
Legend:
Green - good or very good
Yellow - average
Orange - heavy aggravation
Red - critical conditon
Blue - in construction or in reconstruction
Grey - no data
Brown - paved road or dirt road.
__________________

javimix19 liked this post
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #10606
rakcancer
Registered User
 
rakcancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: XYZ
Posts: 1,198
Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proterra View Post
Isn't it the case that Mazovia doesn't get EU structural funding because Warsaw is too rich, and because of the relative size of Warsaw within Mazovia, the whole of Mazovia gets above the threshold, despite the rest of Mazovia being one of the poorest regions in Poland?

Ideally, greater Warsaw should become another voivodeship in my opinion. Besides the whole financial thing, Warsaw is just too dominant within the current Mazovia. And it just sucks for the good people of Radom or Płock to be driving around with licence plates that start with "W"... They deserve better...
You got the point. Warsaw fits to whole Mazovia Voivodeship like elephant on the spoon. Warsaw should be definitely a separate entity from the rest of Mazovia. In that case Mazovia would get much bigger support form EU, but honestly knowing reality of our country, do you think it would stop politicians to rape Warsaw budget and distribute it to the poorer parts of country? I don't think so.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #10607
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,742
Likes (Received): 18778

Tender for another section of S7 announced

As well as S17 and S12 remaining part of Puławy bypass.

Last edited by Kemo; September 27th, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #10608
bewu1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PL - Warszawa (Wilanów)
Posts: 4,822
Likes (Received): 2082

This section of S-7 is 21 km long, and S-17 sections are 44 km long (including 11 km long section of S-12). Anyway, great news.
__________________

Strzala liked this post
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #10609
Sponsor
Registered User
 
Sponsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Poznań
Posts: 8,584

del
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #10610
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream
 
Superkot634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Szczecin
Posts: 3,775
Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasza View Post
It's condtion of polish National Roads (thicker lines) and Voivodship Roads (thinner lines).
Legend:
Green - good or very good
Yellow - average
Orange - heavy aggravation
Red - critical conditon
Blue - in construction or in reconstruction
Grey - no data
Brown - paved road or dirt road.
As you can see, the state of national roads is not the best.
__________________
Człowiek jest wielki nie przez to, co posiada, lecz przez to, kim jest; nie przez to, co ma, lecz przez to, czym dzieli się z innymi. — Jan Paweł II
Superkot634 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #10611
Beck's
Polska wielonarodowa!!
 
Beck's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brzeszcze/Krakow
Posts: 2,860
Likes (Received): 8224

But not so bad as well.
__________________
A odejdź no, no odejdź, tfu gdzie z tym ryjem, gdzie? Coś ty żarła, trociny czy co? Mówiłem ci żebyś się wypchała, ale nie do końca.

rakcancer liked this post
Beck's no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #10612
piotr71
Registered User
 
piotr71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beskidy
Posts: 4,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkot634 View Post
As you can see, the state of national roads is not the best.
No larger European country can benefit with whole network of perfectly maintained national roads.
__________________

Beck's, Sasza liked this post
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #10613
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream
 
Superkot634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Szczecin
Posts: 3,775
Likes (Received): 563


It's logical, but looking at the map, national roads are in at most mediocre condition.
__________________
Człowiek jest wielki nie przez to, co posiada, lecz przez to, kim jest; nie przez to, co ma, lecz przez to, czym dzieli się z innymi. — Jan Paweł II
Superkot634 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #10614
snowdog
Speed freak
 
snowdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Capelle ad ijssel
Posts: 969
Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
No larger European country can benefit with whole network of perfectly maintained national roads.
I think it's the opposite, the national roads are easily of FAR far higher quality over here than in Poland if you compare rut and potholes. I can't remember and N or A based road in Holland that is rubbish to drive on due to actual damage ( ignoring speedbumps/traffic calming and such).

Yes, after a bit of snow&frost, some roads (motorways in particular due to porous asphalt) are bad, however emergency repairs (scraping off a layer so, while rough noise wise, there are no holes) are done within the week and permanent repairs or repaving in a matter of weeks iirc.

The municipal roads are a different matter, locally bad roads do pop up! Often.

National roads should be maintained perfectly and the national government should be held responsible for damage to your car/suspension due to rut or holes ( and they more or less are over here).

I hope the Polish government will take responsibility for maintaining at least all the national roads correctly, though I can see how it's harder due to more continental climate ( and thus temperature differences).
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #10615
Strzala
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wyślij sobie pocztowkę stamtąd
Posts: 11,048
Likes (Received): 8884

S12\S17 Piaski -Lublin video from airplane:


__________________
Czarne dziury się podają za polarne zorze.

panthiocodin liked this post

Last edited by Strzala; October 1st, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
Strzala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM   #10616
Strzala
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wyślij sobie pocztowkę stamtąd
Posts: 11,048
Likes (Received): 8884

S12/S17/S19 Lublin bypass all photos by GDDKiA :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
Zdjęcia by GDDKiA Lublin:

Odcinek nr 3.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
cd...





Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
cd..





Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
cd..



Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
Odcinek nr 4





Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
cd..





Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
cd..






Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekarz View Post
__________________
Czarne dziury się podają za polarne zorze.
Strzala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:49 PM   #10617
John Maynard
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lausanne (CH); Warsaw (PL)
Posts: 534
Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkot634 View Post
As you can see, the state of national roads is not the best.
That's amazing, even some of the "new" roads are already in "average" condition. I'm thinking, per example, of the A4 near Krzyzowa, DK3 between Goleniow and Wolin, S10 near Starg. Szczecinski, S8 near Radzymin; while some "older" section like A1 near Piotrkow Trybunalski are still in a good shape. Why is this the case?
What are the criteria taken into consideration to make this classification?
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:55 PM   #10618
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,742
Likes (Received): 18778

These roads are not that new
They were constructed in 90s. (except for S10)

What is taken into consideration: occurence of imperfections such as ruts, holes, patches, cracks, bumps etc. How frequent they are and how serious (for example: these are "red" ruts and these are "yellow")

However, the criteria are rater subjective; one's general feeling about the quality of the road may differ from person to person and depend on the vehicle.


____________________________________________

Today the government accepted the list of city bypasses to be tendered in 2013.
The list includes 12 cities; the largest project is S16 southern Olsztyn bypass.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM   #10619
piotr71
Registered User
 
piotr71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beskidy
Posts: 4,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
I think it's the opposite, the national roads are easily of FAR far higher quality over here than in Poland if you compare rut and potholes. I can't remember and N or A based road in Holland that is rubbish to drive on due to actual damage ( ignoring speedbumps/traffic calming and such).
(..)
Having mentioned "larger countries" I did not mean the Netherlands, sorry. I realize how good roads in Holland are, I quite often drive on them.

If it comes to countries of a similar population and size to Poland, I'd rather made comparison to France, Spain, Germany or United Kingdom. And of course, I am still aware that roads in mentioned countries are better, however the gap between us and them is continuously shrinking. Not only because we constantly resurface our national roads, but also because potholes and other faults appear more often on their roads.
__________________

Proterra liked this post
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:52 PM   #10620
Proterra
Korpus niedyplomatyczny
 
Proterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kowaniec
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
Having mentioned "larger countries" I did not mean the Netherlands, sorry. I realize how good roads in Holland are, I quite often drive on them.

If it comes to countries of a similar population and size to Poland, I'd rather made comparison to France, Spain, Germany or United Kingdom. And of course, I am still aware that roads in mentioned countries are better, however the gap between us and them is continuously shrinking. Not only because we constantly resurface our national roads, but also because potholes and other faults appear more often on their roads.
Agree.

We're often traveling by car and we have a sort of grade from 0-5 for how good/bad roads are on average. This takes primarily into account the roads on which most people travel and not so much expensive, well-maintained tolled motorways if hardly any of the "normal" people use them.

And this is what we have:

5. Netherlands
4. Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Austria
3. Poland, Czech Republic, Norway, Lithuania, Belgium
2. Slovakia, Romania, Hungary
1. Ukraine, Moldova
Proterra no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium