daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #11041
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,742
Likes (Received): 18778

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Which part of the DK16 is dual carriageway? Certainly not Augustow - Ogrodniki. Where was the above photo taken?
Here, the grayed out section.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #11042
Luki_SL
Moderator
 
Luki_SL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Upper Silesia
Posts: 53,777
Likes (Received): 17459

You are right
__________________
"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #11043
Surel
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,702
Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
DK16 Grudziadz-Olsztyn-Ogrodniki by los77



Looks pretty much ready.
What is the speed max on such a DK? Is it also motor vehicles only? Is there a minimum speed as well?
__________________

WB2010 liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #11044
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,742
Likes (Received): 18778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
What is the speed max on such a DK? Is it also motor vehicles only? Is there a minimum speed as well?
The only difference between this specific road and a "S" road is that it is missing this sign:

Therefore the maximum speed is 100km/h.
Unless such sign appears, there is no such thing as "minimum speed", even on A and S roads.

Such roads are usually motor vehicles only, because a mix of the following signs is placed at the entrances:
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #11045
WB2010
Registered User
 
WB2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 628
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
DK16 Grudziadz-Olsztyn-Ogrodniki by los77

Unbelievable ! New road and no sound barriers in sight
__________________
WB2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #11046
rakcancer
Registered User
 
rakcancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: XYZ
Posts: 1,198
Likes (Received): 1170

I can't believe it too.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #11047
masages21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne/London/Poznan
Posts: 303
Likes (Received): 51

This stretch is extremely short
masages21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #11048
mcarling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,605
Likes (Received): 491

Are there plans to upgrade more of the DK16 to dual carriageway?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #11049
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,742
Likes (Received): 18778

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Are there plans to upgrade more of the DK16 to dual carriageway?
There are such plans for the section from Ostróda (S7) do Ełk (S61), but they will probably stay as plans for a long time... except for Olsztyn and Ostróda bypasses, construction of these sections will start in 2014.

Upgraded section Barczewo-Biskupiec has space reservation for second carriageway. https://maps.google.pl/?ll=53.829738...252.83,,0,1.75
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #11050
snowdog
Speed freak
 
snowdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Capelle ad ijssel
Posts: 969
Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
The only difference between this specific road and a "S" road is that it is missing this sign:

Therefore the maximum speed is 100km/h.
Errrr ?
It's a dual carriegeway so 120km/h ?

EDIT: oops, yeah indeed, but why ?

Last edited by snowdog; November 25th, 2013 at 02:12 AM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #11051
rav00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 401
Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Errrr ?
It's a dual carriegeway so 120km/h ?
But he meant dual carrigeway DK, not Expressway.
rav00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #11052
snowdog
Speed freak
 
snowdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Capelle ad ijssel
Posts: 969
Likes (Received): 92

Oh, my bad!

Any reason why it does not have expressway status ?
It has hard shoulders, it is separated from other roads/conflict and from slow traffic ?
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #11053
Sasza
Człoooowieku
 
Sasza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gdańsk/Suwałki
Posts: 1,641
Likes (Received): 4736

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Oh, my bad!

Any reason why it does not have expressway status ?
It has hard shoulders, it is separated from other roads/conflict and from slow traffic ?
"Ecological" reasons. DK16 will be "unofficiall" Expressway in the future.
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #11054
John Maynard
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lausanne (CH); Warsaw (PL)
Posts: 534
Likes (Received): 376

What are the main opening dates for 2014?
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #11055
mcarling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,605
Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
What are the main opening dates for 2014?
We're not quite sure yet which sections will open before the end of 2013, but there are many sections that will open in 2014. How do you define "main sections"? A-class roads? The A1 between Torun and Koval will open, the Mszana bridge should open, and most or all of the remaining sections of the A4 should open before the end of 2014. Many sections of S-class roads will also open during 2014.

Here is a map with contracted opening dates. Actual opening dates may be earlier or later.
http://ssc.siskom.waw.pl/
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #11056
John Maynard
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lausanne (CH); Warsaw (PL)
Posts: 534
Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
We're not quite sure yet which sections will open before the end of 2013, but there are many sections that will open in 2014. How do you define "main sections"? A-class roads? The A1 between Torun and Koval will open, the Mszana bridge should open, and most or all of the remaining sections of the A4 should open before the end of 2014. Many sections of S-class roads will also open during 2014.

Here is a map with contracted opening dates. Actual opening dates may be earlier or later.
http://ssc.siskom.waw.pl/
i was thinking about GP-class, A, S roads and bypasses.
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #11057
mcarling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,605
Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
i was thinking about GP-class, A, S roads and bypasses.
The map to which I linked above is, in my opinion, the best presentation available of that information regarding A-class and S-class roads. You may have some difficulty finding a compilation of such information for GP-class roads.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #11058
John Maynard
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lausanne (CH); Warsaw (PL)
Posts: 534
Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
The map to which I linked above is, in my opinion, the best presentation available of that information regarding A-class and S-class roads. You may have some difficulty finding a compilation of such information for GP-class roads.
I don't see any GP-class nor bypasses other than A or S on this map.

However, are these all A and S roads openings for 2014?
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #11059
Kemo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Segiet
Posts: 10,742
Likes (Received): 18778

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
I don't see any GP-class nor bypasses other than A or S on this map.

However, are these all A and S roads openings for 2014?
Map of all road projects on the DK network (not all have dates, but if you are really curious, I can find them out ):
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8...ka-igorsel.png
Any road marked as some combination of red color is under construction.

List of A/S roads and estimated date of opening ("Termin oddania do ruchu") by hetman:

Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #11060
John Maynard
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lausanne (CH); Warsaw (PL)
Posts: 534
Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Map of all road projects on the DK network (not all have dates, but if you are really curious, I can find them out ):
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8...ka-igorsel.png
Any road marked as some combination of red color is under construction.

List of A/S roads and estimated date of opening ("Termin oddania do ruchu") by hetman:
Thank you for your post! That's quite a lot of new expressways/motorways to be open next year . Would they keep the schedule for most of them?

If you don't mind, it would be very interesting too, to show GP-class and other bypasses.
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium