daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 25th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #11541
ka__zet
yet another transit geek

Likes (Received): 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
But the look of a building is entirely subjective and can't cause an actual injury to anyone.
Not really. Some makes you want to gouge your eyes out, and some can get you into such stupor that you will crash a car. Same goes for billboards.

ka__zet no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #11542
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Even those don't bother me... or at least not as much as forcing someone to not have the aesthetics of their property in the way they want to have it. If it is not our money, it is not our business.

I actually like that 2nd picture. It is the stereotypical III RP domu except taken to the next order of magnitude... If Yankunovitch had that monstrosity, this one is Tusk mansion It's crazy, it's wonderful.
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:42 AM   #11543
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

If you put that up a mountain down south and a bit of snow happened to fall on it then you have an entire extreme snowboarding facility ready for the Polish bid for the Winter Olympics in 2022. Might as well give the Slovaks a copy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
I actually like that 2nd picture. It is the stereotypical III RP domu except taken to the next order of magnitude... If Yankunovitch had that monstrosity, this one is Tusk mansion It's crazy, it's wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka__zet View Post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #11544
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluminat View Post
Sounds logical to me, much like you can't just burn your house if you don't want it anymore and you can't do the same with your trash even when it's the cheapest way to dispose them. Such actions would affect other people in a negative way so there have to be some rules and I don't see why things like look or the size of a building shouldn't be regulated. Even in Poland you can't just build additional floors when you feel like it because the building might collapse or block the sunlight to your neighbours but at the same time you can add some fake greek columns and paint it bright yellow because you hate everyone and want to make them suffer at least a bit when they have to come nearby.
People are way to fast with conclusions like ''affecting in a negative way''.

A good example is the N14 in The Hague, people opposed it as ''omg cars, woe is me, I'm a NIMBY moron'', in the end what happened is traffic through the actual neighborhood halved and properties rose in value since the new road.

And I hardly think adding a roof or garage for your caravan is affecting the street negatively.

Poland is still hugely better than Holland, over here you officially can't even touch your wiring without hiring an electrician, and in PL there is much less bureaucracy if you want to build or renovate your house.
Quote:
Not really. Some makes you want to gouge your eyes out, and some can get you into such stupor that you will crash a car. Same goes for billboards.
Personally I think that is far nicer than boring sameish stuff like this :

Terrible and boring
To completely ignore the terrible bureaucracy and all the rules and regulations over here .

EDIT:

I actually very much like the house on your 2nd pic !
And those small shops have their charm imo.

Billly, cinxxx, geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by snowdog; February 25th, 2014 at 01:58 PM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #11545
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 171

This is just an observation:

We seem to have gone off topic here. What do houses have to do with roads/construction? I know we don't have any road openings coming up in Poland any time soon but still

jwojcie liked this post
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #11546
sponge_bob

Back to the sacking of Lech Witecki the head of GDDKia so. Funnily enough just after he was sacked (or as he was being sacked) the GDDKia hightailed it to the Supreme Court....in Dublin.

Word in Ireland is that GDDKia have made a provision in their 2014 budget for compensation payments to contractors. It appears that GDDKia disclosed this as part of this court case that GDDKia is taking in Ireland.

Last week (completely out of the blue) GDDKia showed up in court in Dublin as you can see here. They are referred to as the PRA ( Polish Road Authority) in the article.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...risk-1.1696008

The complexity is caused by SIAC looking for €120m in Poland while the GDDKia is counterclaiming for €70m in Poland. Meanwhile SIAC are in a controlled bankruptcy process where they are expected to survive after most of their debts ( and that includes the GDDKia counterclaim I would think ....depending on the Supreme Court decision) are permanently written off and they have a clean looking balance sheet after today.....theoretically.

The case is in the Irish Supreme Court today, the rumours on the 2014 provision are apparently based on some documents that GDDKia have supplied to SIAC in the interim.

I will update with the result of the Supreme Court case later on today....and with any disclosures that are detailed.
GDDKia came to Dublin ( in a real hurry) only a day or two ( at most) after Lech was sacked. GDDKia may as well open an office in Dublin now seeing as other Irish contractors with claims outstanding in the Polish Courts may well bolt for examinership in 2014.

Last edited by sponge_bob; February 25th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:28 PM   #11547
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2082

How the Irish Superme Court may judge a litigaton between an Irish company and Polish Road Agency (GDDKiA) for construction of a road in Poland? What kind of litigation is it?
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #11548
sponge_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewu1 View Post
How the Irish Superme Court may judge a litigaton between an Irish company and Polish Road Agency (GDDKiA) for construction of a road in Poland? What kind of litigation is it?
GDDKiA came to the Irish Supreme Court for a hearing last week.

The litigation would be technical and is probably about the notice that GDDKiA were given by the Examiner person (the insolvency expert) during the process. GDDKiA would consider themselves a creditor just like any other. SIAC consider GDDKiA to be their biggest debtor.

I'll be back with more info when I have it, don't worry.
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #11549
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2082

Understand. So the question whether any monies are due to SIAC or by SIAC will be decided in Poland; the court in Ireland should divide what it is able to collect and to suspend the proceedings till the litigation in Poland ends.
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #11550
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19203

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
GDDKiA came to the Irish Supreme Court for a hearing last week.

The litigation would be technical and is probably about the notice that GDDKiA were given by the Examiner person (the insolvency expert) during the process. GDDKiA would consider themselves a creditor just like any other. SIAC consider GDDKiA to be their biggest debtor.

I'll be back with more info when I have it, don't worry.
So, what happens if Irish court rules that GDDKiA owes money to Irish contractor or to some financial institution owning what's left of the given contractor after the insolvency process?
Is it enforceable in Poland?
geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #11551
sponge_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogregor View Post
So, what happens if Irish court rules that GDDKiA owes money to Irish contractor or to some financial institution owning what's left of the given contractor after the insolvency process?
Is it enforceable in Poland?
They won't rule on that, the Polish Courts will. But GDDKia lost their case in Dublin today.

I only have an outline report so far. It looks bad for GDDKia, they seem to have come to Dublin with lots of claims and no evidence. The judgement will be released later this week in full and may be very unkind to GDDKia/

Quote:
[Lawyer], for the examiner, said, if this appeal was about protecting the Polish taxpayer, the [GDDKia] should have been in the matter from the outset and had also failed to produce evidence to support its claims concerning what it is owed.
Lets wait a few days to see what the judgement says.

Last edited by sponge_bob; February 25th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #11552
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

To be honest I am not surprised that Irish court rules against a Polish public institution.

I would be more worried about whether the changes in GDDKIA will lead to a softer GDDKIA = > i.e. what is the real reason for those changes.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #11553
sponge_bob

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0225/506599-siac/

Quote:
The Supreme Court has dismissed an appeal by the [GDDKia] Polish Roads Authority against a survival scheme for construction company SIAC.

The decision clears the way for the implementation of a survival scheme for key companies in the group.

The Polish authority claims to be owed up to €70m by SIAC.
and

Quote:
The court will give the reasons for its decision at a later date.
If the GDDKia came to court claiming it was owed €70m...and basically provided NO EVIDENCE for that claim......God help them. The Supreme Court are very busy and have no time for time wasters. GDDKia had a week to file evidence and have had since 2012 to collect the evidence.

There is, of course, no doubt that the GDDKia could validly counterclaim against SIAC as a creditor but:

a) They went to a Supreme Court in an EU Country and offered no evidence underpinning this counterclaim. No evidence is highly insulting to any court and in a busy Supreme court it is even more insulting.
b) They had 70 days to furnish that counterclaim to the Examiner, and did not do.
c) And they tried to usurp due process/an established legal procedure in another EU country after the last moment (IE when the 70 days were up) .
d) Plus they have had since 2012 (when SIAC pulled out) to add up these figures for their counterclaim.

Remember that SIAC would only pay their creditors 5c to 10c in the € at most so even if the Examiner accepted the full counterclaim GDDKia would get €3.5m to €7m in cash instead of nothing as is now the case. Add €100k for legal expenses and the GDDKia lost _up to_ €7.1m today.

In terms of Claims and Counterclaims overall there are around €2.5BN of contractor claims against GDDKia in the Polish courts and probably at least €1bn of counterclaims by GDDKia against the contractors.

Now GDDKia get nothing and with a serious tonguelash of a judgement to follow that can be admitted in argument and quoted in EVERY Court in the EU. I would be sweating for the next few days were I a GDDKia inhouse lawyer.

No wonder they sacked Witecki. He should have fought every claim against GDDKia NO MATTER WHERE or HOW these claims are advanced and not relied solely on the Polish Courts.

But in fairness to the new woman in charge of GDDKia she did make an effort to show up in Dublin the minute she got the job... and a really crap effort overall.

Last edited by sponge_bob; February 25th, 2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #11554
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17459

A1/S8 interchange Łódź - South- aerial photos made by Rufffus :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4401
Old February 26th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #11555
Chris80678

Still a long time until any more road openings in Poland
Old February 26th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #11556
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18778

S8/S14 southern part of Łódź ringroad should open soon. It's almost completed.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #11557
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Shouldn't the missing bit of S11 in Poznań open soon too?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #11558
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18778

No, there are problems with crossing the Druzhba pipeline (Rurociąg Przyjaźń). Completing of S11 will be most likely delayed till autumn.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #11559
Chris80678

S8/S14 southern part of Łódź ringroad should open soon. It's almost completed.

Is that the part between the S8/S14 junction at Róża and DK91? Obviously the S8/A1 interchange can't open until the A1 between Stryków and Tuszyn is completed in 2015

Last edited by Chris80678; February 26th, 2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old February 26th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #11560
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Which sections of the S8 will go in construction soon?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road