daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 1st, 2014, 12:10 PM   #11921
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

What will be the time saving when also the section Swierklany - Mszana is open when you will drive from the Polish/Czech Border to Ostrava?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:32 PM   #11922
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2069

The MA 532 bridge is north of the Polish-Czech border, so you save nothing even if the MA-532 bridge is open
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:34 PM   #11923
Pascal20a

Nothing? I mean also with new opened of the A1 how much will i save when i drive to Gdansk
Old May 1st, 2014, 02:53 PM   #11924
MAG
Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Nothing? I mean also with new opened of the A1 how much will i save when i drive to Gdansk
Nothing, I am afraid, given the way you phrased the question.

I think what you meant was to ask how much time you would save once viaduct MA-532 is open. The answer is not that much, actually. Currently it takes approximately 20 min to go from Świerklany to Mszana (residential areas, 4 sets of traffic lights, other road hazards) and this will go down to 4-5 min once this stretch of the A1 motorway is fully open to traffic.

Further north, the time saving between Kowal and Włocławek is 35-45 min using DK1 compared to approximately 8 min via the A1.

But it is not all about time saving. The main benefit is safety both of travellers as well as in residential areas, where ordinary folk no longer have to suffer the indignity of heavy and fast-moving traffic.

Drogowskaz Classic

MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 03:02 PM   #11925
Pascal20a

Ok thank you that i mean
Old May 1st, 2014, 03:02 PM   #11926
Pascal20a

Then i will save 55 min
Old May 1st, 2014, 04:25 PM   #11927
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post

I agree, maybe you will like to move to PL, the freedom of movement can work in both directions Just need to compare if tempo 140 and decent city road network is worth figuring out deklinacja
I might some day, I'll see how life goes.
I own both the Polish and Dutch nationality though, I can move there any time I please.

There are things I like much less there than here, but I do like Warsaw much more than Rotterdam for example. Things keep moving forward in Poland while they are moving backwards in the Netherlands though.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 05:06 PM   #11928
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
GDDKiA seems to post the limit that is higher than design speed by 10 km/h or so (from various documents I have seen).
That is pretty much a standard approach. A design speed is conservative and has a fairly large margin of error, so it's common to post speed limits 10 or 20 km/h higher than the design speed.

By the way there was an item about Poland on Dutch public broadcasting. They stated the Polish economy grew 49% in the past decade (since accession into the EU) and unemployment was cut by half. Also, back in the early 1990s a German would make 10 times as much money as a Pole, today it's only 1.5 times more. They were talking about the situation in Słubice, border towns that have profited enormously from the open borders.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:07 PM   #11929
Biesiada
Fanklub Warsaw Spire 220m

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That is pretty much a standard approach. A design speed is conservative and has a fairly large margin of error, so it's common to post speed limits 10 or 20 km/h higher than the design speed.

By the way there was an item about Poland on Dutch public broadcasting. They stated the Polish economy grew 49% in the past decade (since accession into the EU) and unemployment was cut by half. Also, back in the early 1990s a German would make 10 times as much money as a Pole, today it's only 1.5 times more. They were talking about the situation in Słubice, border towns that have profited enormously from the open borders.
the economic growth of 90's and 2000's may look good but remember that it followed the 80's poland's deep recession. poland from 1970's looked similar or even better compared to world than now.
Biesiada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 08:44 PM   #11930
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5287

Poland looked better in the 70's thanks to massive foreign borrowing by the Gierek government after he improved relations with the west. This was an artificial prosperity that started evaporating as early as 1973 with the oil crisis. Despite this there were still long lines for basic staples like bread and meat and children's shoes etc., but you are right, it was a pretty good time in that most Poles lived ok, no one really suffered or was left out as is now the case to some degree. The challenge for Poland is now to build prosperity on a foundation that is solid and long term. The current government could borrow billions to make life better and I would like that myself but it would at the expense of mortgaging the future...and yes, don't worry there will be a future, a good one.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

Mateusz, Proterra liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:47 AM   #11931
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
I might some day, I'll see how life goes.
I own both the Polish and Dutch nationality though, I can move there any time I please.

There are things I like much less there than here, but I do like Warsaw much more than Rotterdam for example. Things keep moving forward in Poland while they are moving backwards in the Netherlands though.
Ah! Now we know why you like to drive fast and hate the duurzaam veilig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biesiada View Post
the economic growth of 90's and 2000's may look good but remember that it followed the 80's poland's deep recession. poland from 1970's looked similar or even better compared to world than now.
But somewhat as Urbanista said, 80's deep recession was mostly result of those 1970's debt financing
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:27 AM   #11932
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4620

Probably Solidarity with all those strikes and pollitical unrest is also to blame here, there was martial law and sanctions from the US as a result.
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:02 AM   #11933
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
What is the estimated travel time between Warszawa and Gdańsk via A2-A1 or DK7? A2-A1 is a good 80 kilometers longer, but you dan drive much faster.
TVN24 reporter test result: 4h10 vs 3h50

Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:44 AM   #11934
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

The 29.90 zloty cost difference is only for tolls? Did they consider the difference in fuel cost? In vehicle depreciation due to the 95 additional kilometers?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:05 AM   #11935
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17443

They din`t consider the difference in fuel cost. On the motorway the car consumes more fuel. I don`t think they drove 80km/h
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:34 PM   #11936
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
They didn`t consider the difference in fuel cost. On the motorway the car consumes more fuel. I don`t think they drove 80km/h
The times and distances are published, so it's easy to calculate the average speed for each route:
7/S7: 84 kmh
A1/A2: 116 kmh

It's a shame they didn't publish the number of liters consumed for each route.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:03 PM   #11937
rav00

Likes (Received): 165

And remember, that A2 and A1 on route Warsaw, Strykow, Torun are not tolled yet.
rav00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:46 PM   #11938
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
In vehicle depreciation due to the 95 additional kilometers?
When it comes to transportation choices, people generally only consider out-of-pocket costs (tolls, fuel, parking) and not less tangible stuff such as depreciation or maintenance.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 05:01 PM   #11939
mcarling

Quote:
When it comes to transportation choices, people generally only consider out-of-pocket costs (tolls, fuel, parking) and not less tangible stuff such as depreciation or maintenance.
Half the people we meet are of below average IQ.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:37 PM   #11940
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

I'd take the free route in this particular case. 20 min on such a long route is not worth all the extra cost.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road