daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 28th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #12101
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

who are concessionaires of A4? it has really weird system of tolling. last week i was surprised by really low rate at Katowice - Wrocław section (0,025€/km), but also with really high rates at Katowice - Kraków section (0,07€/km).

also, tolling managment is really bad. at Mysłowice toll station i was stuck in 3 km row, and only 7 exits were opened. in opposite directions there were also 7 exits, for light medium traffic. when i was going back, situation at Kraków toll station was even worse, cca 5 km jam, and again similar situation with number of exits

Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #12102
MonteChristo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 942

Krakow-Katowice : Stalexport. Self-governments (Malopolskie Voivodeship and Silesian Voivodeship) want to kick them out and take over managment of it.

Self-governments want to make it 2x3 all the way from Krakow to Katowice.

Katowice-Wroclaw: GDDKiA (General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways)

Good news is that toll stations will disappear soon. GDDKiA wants to introduce electronic payment system in whole country.

SRC_100 liked this post

Last edited by MonteChristo; May 28th, 2014 at 10:42 PM.
MonteChristo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #12103
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

dissappear? and what about current work at Katowice - Kraków toll stations? i thought they were implementing some electronic wolling like Telepass.

and Katowice - Wrocław tolling has been introducet recently, not? maybe 1 or 2 years ago.
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #12104
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteChristo View Post
Good news is that toll stations will disappear soon. GDDKiA wants to introduce electronic payment system in whole country.
Good!

Toll booths are an anachronism which should not have outlived the 20th century.

MonteChristo liked this post
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #12105
MonteChristo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 942

There will be one electronic payment system in the whole country (there are talks with private concessionaires-however payments will be the same ). They want to start it in 2016.

I think payment between Wroclaw and Katowice was introduced in 2012

Last edited by MonteChristo; May 28th, 2014 at 10:45 PM.
MonteChristo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #12106
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
who are concessionaires of A4? it has really weird system of tolling. last week i was surprised by really low rate at Katowice - Wrocław section (0,025€/km), but also with really high rates at Katowice - Kraków section (0,07€/km).
The GDDKiA owned motorways are quite cheap - it's because (as far as I remember) - the EU wouldn't allow them to charge anything other than an amount to pay for ongoing maintenance as they were funded with EU money. The ones that were built privately (A2 Swiecko-Konin, A4 Katowice-Krakow) can charge what they like, so they do.

Quote:
also, tolling managment is really bad. at Mysłowice toll station i was stuck in 3 km row, and only 7 exits were opened. in opposite directions there were also 7 exits, for light medium traffic. when i was going back, situation at Kraków toll station was even worse, cca 5 km jam, and again similar situation with number of exits
Tolling is an absolute disaster in some areas. The A4 toll stations are a mess in general - 5-10km jams approaching the toll stations aren't abnormal, especially near Wroclaw and Katowice. The stations were built far, far, far too small to cope with demand.

I'm not enthusiastic about the new e-toll plan. It'll do away with the queues at toll booths, but it will also make it incredibly easy to extend the system to expressways. Right now, the expressway design doesn't lend itself to anything other than barrier tolls - but with e-tolling, that problem vanishes.

Living in the north of Poznan, I can't say that I'm particularly happy to pay 120zl for a box that I'll barely use as well. I never go East, and most of my trips are either to Berlin or to Wroclaw. Berlin is about 100km of tolled motorway, and Poznan-Wroclaw-Kudowa is toll free.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:02 AM   #12107
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Why don't they just add "video toll" like in Canada, if you use roads frequently you buy transponder, if not, they take picture of plate and send you a bill in mail (higher price)

120 PLN seems way high for the box too...
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:48 AM   #12108
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
and Katowice - Wrocław tolling has been introducet recently, not? maybe 1 or 2 years ago.
Yup, and GDDKiA has just cancelled tender for the expansion of toll plazas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteChristo View Post
Krakow-Katowice : Stalexport. Self-governments (Malopolskie Voivodeship and Silesian Voivodeship) want to kick them out and take over managment of it.

Self-governments want to make it 2x3 all the way from Krakow to Katowice.
But this is only a pipe dream of the head of local government. The concession will expire in 2027.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
The GDDKiA owned motorways are quite cheap - it's because (as far as I remember) - the EU wouldn't allow them to charge anything other than an amount to pay for ongoing maintenance as they were funded with EU money. The ones that were built privately (A2 Swiecko-Konin, A4 Katowice-Krakow) can charge what they like, so they do.
This is not entirely true. A4 Katowice-Kraków was not built privately, but under the previous regime in the 80s. The same applies to the section A2 Września-Konin. In the end, GDDKiA toll motorways (I'm not talking about the charges for heavy vehicles) were built over five years ago, and the EU does not have anything to say on the fees for them.

Quote:
Right now, the expressway design doesn't lend itself to anything other than barrier tolls - but with e-tolling, that problem vanishes.
Some do, e.g. S3 Szczecin-Gorzów with trumpet-shaped junctions.

Quote:
Living in the north of Poznan, I can't say that I'm particularly happy to pay 120zl for a box that I'll barely use as well. I never go East, and most of my trips are either to Berlin or to Wroclaw. Berlin is about 100km of tolled motorway, and Poznan-Wroclaw-Kudowa is toll free.
That is why probably it will be possible to pay in advance, with the trip planning tool available on-line, terminals at gas stations etc. (solution similar to that in Germany for trucks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
Why don't they just add "video toll" like in Canada, if you use roads frequently you buy transponder, if not, they take picture of plate and send you a bill in mail (higher price)
Probably because of poor debt collection, especially considering the large share of foreign drivers (non-EU).
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 05:04 AM   #12109
Strzala

Likes (Received): 8884

S12/S17/S19 Lublin bypass:

700 metres lenght subsidence section in 'Dolina Ciemięgi' (on section 2: Lublin Jastków-Lublin Sławinek 7,7 kilometres lenght) is under repair:

Quote:

Section 3 from junction Lublin Sławinek - to junction Lublin Rudnik - 10,2 kilometres lenght two three-lane roadway (2x3):

Quote:

Section 4 from junction Lublin Rudnik - to junction Lublin Felin - 12,8 kilometres lenght two two-lanes roadways (2x2):

Quote:

All photos from Krzysztof Nalewajko (GDDKiA)

More photos
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #12110
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Realistically when can we expect to see the entire length of the Lublin bypass open to traffic?
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #12111
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

http://i.imgur.com/RdbpLaI.jpg

Interesting...

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Chris80678 liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #12112
Chris80678

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yeah - what is this and what is it for?
Old May 30th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #12113
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Yeah - what is this and what is it for?
It is special high grade styrofoam. They use it to make embankment lighter than made of soil and that way to reduce pressure on the ground below.
All this to reduce subsiding.
geogregor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #12114
Haveblue

Likes (Received): 2673

Quote:
Realistically when can we expect to see the entire length of the Lublin bypass open to traffic?
I say - October this year.

It appears to me that Budimex is going to finish their repair works in about month or 6 weeks (on Lublin bypass part No2), but Dragados (present on on Lublin bypass part No3 and 4) is just not making any significant progress and in my view their works will linger far beyond June 2014 (what is already an annexed date).

I therefore see no further justification for not imposing a penalty on them.
Haveblue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #12115
Chris80678

"but Dragados (present on on Lublin bypass part No3 and 4) is just not making any significant progress and in my view their works will linger far beyond June 2014 (what is already an annexed date).

I therefore see no further justification for not imposing a penalty on them"

Kicking Dragados off parts 3 and 4 will only delay the completion and opening further
Old May 30th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #12116
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Kraków rejected a bid to organize the 2022 Winter Olympics in a referendum. A large majority voted against Kraków 2022.

This could mean the upgrade of infrastructure to and around Zakopane will be delayed. On the other hand, rejecting the bid is understandable given the high cost and low benefit of organizing such an event. Most of the sport facilities remain unused after the Olympics.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #12117
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

When is the Lublin bypass going to be completed ?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #12118
Haveblue

Likes (Received): 2673

Quote:
Kicking Dragados off parts 3 and 4 will only delay the completion and opening further
No one says about kicking them out. It is about penalty, not referral.
Haveblue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #12119
Chris80678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
When is the Lublin bypass going to be completed ?
As Haveblue said we are probably looking at October for completion of the entire Lublin bypass and then probably end of 2014 by the time licences are issued for it's use
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:36 PM   #12120
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18753

Deconstruction of an old bridge in Żywiec + construction of the town bypass in the background:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grm1 View Post
A ja skomponowałem coś takiego Miłego oglądania - koniecznie w 1080p

They are going to build a new arc bridge here:
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road