daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #12161
rav00

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
He just got busted by cops (not his first circus act - he was jailed for stunt driving before) !

Policja zna już nazwisko kierowcy, który urządził sobie rajd ulicami Warszawy - nieoficjalnie dowiedziało się RMF FM. Wszystko wskazuje na to, że to Robert N., ps. Frog. Szaleńczą jazdę kierowca białego sportowego bmw nagrał, a film wrzucił do sieci. Okazuje się, że to niepierwszy wyczyn 23-latka. W lutym pędził ponad 200 km/h drogą krajową numer 7. Świętokrzyska policja ścigała go wówczas przez dwa powiaty.

More:
http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1348,tit...wiadomosc.html
Except he was never jailed. This chase was not qualified as crime, but as misdemeanor.
rav00 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2014, 02:55 PM   #12162
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Any more expressway/motorway openings coming up in the new few months?
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #12163
maciek2000

Likes (Received): 69

Have a look at my signature:

"najwcześniej kiedy oddadzom? (hetman)" - there is a schedule (and some maps).
najbardziej wektorowa mapka (RootOnRails)

Chris80678 liked this post
maciek2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #12164
Chris80678

Good to see lots more green on the map BRAVO POLAND!. Still not much red though is there but I am sure that will all change soon?

I am just staggerered by the amount of progress Poland has made so far in terms of road building and more excellent high quality roads. There is still a long way to go though

The list is wrong as well because the opening of the S17 Lublin bypass is delayed until October 2014 at least

Last edited by Chris80678; June 10th, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old June 10th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #12165
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Still not much red though is there but I am sure that will all change soon?
Yellow and orange sections will gradually turn into red and pink. Unfortunately there will be barely any new roads opened in 2015 and 2016, but starting from 2017 the network will really start coming together.
Old June 10th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #12166
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
The speed limit is 80 on this road, lowered to 60 at places. Driving faster than 120 is not feasible. Luckily the other westbound carriageway is of superb quality.
This is what is wrong with the speed limits, just because a Fiat126p or a Polonez falls apart on such roads, I'm pretty sure any car with Air (like Merc S Class) or hydro suspension ( Like Citroens) will glide over that road at high speed without problems. Or generally any car even with good quality springs and shocks. You can't compare a city tin can or old soviet bloc car with a luxury German or Japanese saloon or SUV or so, these cars are made to be comfy even on rubbish roads like this.

Let drivers decide themselves what punishment their cars can take, no need for a silly 60 km/h limit on a 2x2 dual carriageway.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #12167
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
This is what is wrong with the speed limits, just because a Fiat126p or a Polonez falls apart on such roads, I'm pretty sure any car with Air (like Merc S Class) or hydro suspension ( Like Citroens) will glide over that road at high speed without problems. Or generally any car even with good quality springs and shocks. You can't compare a city tin can or old soviet bloc car with a luxury German or Japanese saloon or SUV or so, these cars are made to be comfy even on rubbish roads like this.

Let drivers decide themselves what punishment their cars can take, no need for a silly 60 km/h limit on a 2x2 dual carriageway.
I guess you drove on that road? I don't say that brand new Golf is a great car, but it is no tin either. I did not felt safe going faster than 120 anywhere on that road and the reduction to 60 km/h was well placed. I don't think that better suspension would prevent you from going airborne there. It was more safety than comfort that I would be concerned there with.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:09 PM   #12168
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18751

Quote:
Any more expressway/motorway openings coming up in the new few months?
Not much. S8 Łask - Róża in first half of July could be the only one to open till the end of July.

But quite a few minor town bypasses are finishing this summer
Let me remind the list of u/c roads (out of A/S network) that I made:
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:09 PM   #12169
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
I guess you drove on that road? I don't say that brand new Golf is a great car, but it is no tin either. I did not felt safe going faster than 120 anywhere on that road and the reduction to 60 km/h was well placed. I don't think that better suspension would prevent you from going airborne there. It was more safety than comfort that I would be concerned there with.
Larger diameter tires will always make a difference on bumpy roads, both in terms of comfort and safety.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #12170
MonteChristo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfos View Post
GTA - Warsaw edition

and his stunts from February

MonteChristo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #12171
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
The list is wrong as well because the opening of the S17 Lublin bypass is delayed until October 2014 at least
Source? None of maciek2000's maps or lists has been modified. All still announce June 2014 (hetman's with "delay" flag).
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #12172
Chris80678

p206 is my source. This is what HaveBlue (a building surveyor) said on that page:

"I say - October this year.

It appears to me that Budimex is going to finish their repair works in about month or 6 weeks (on Lublin bypass part No2), but Dragados (present on on Lublin bypass part No3 and 4) is just not making any significant progress and in my view their works will linger far beyond June 2014 (what is already an annexed date)."
Old June 10th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #12173
Kemo

We don't know. Sections 2&3 (Jastków - Lublin Rudnik) will not be opened sooner than in October. But section 4 (Lublin Rudnik - Lublin Felin) could be opened sooner. Or maybe only a part of it: Lublin Zadębie - Lublin Felin.
Old June 11th, 2014, 12:47 AM   #12174
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
I am not sure why you don't see "suggestion" speed limits for such things (blue sign)...
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #12175
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
I am not sure why you don't see "suggestion" speed limits for such things (blue sign)...
What do you mean?
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #12176
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

In USA and Canada, when there is a dangerous situation, often they apply "recommended speed" sign (yellow), which is not legally binding. For example on a normal road speed limit might be 90 km/h, but at sharp curve, suggested limit 55 km/h, but you can drive up to 90 km/h if you can do so safely (e.g. you have Porsche and not a TIR). I think in Vienna Convention signs this is blue square speed sign, but I have not seen even one of them in PL (actually... only on the "wilkommen bei Deutschland" signs :P)

Probably the worst example is the off-ramps in PL fixed limit 40 or 60 km/h, but you pass the sign driving 140 km/h and you want to drive maybe 70 all the way through... it is risky in case some policia are fishing! Here the limit would be "suggested" but the freeway limit would still apply legally (until you get to the next road)

It is nice because it allows you to use your judgement of the situation and what you want to do... example on a bumpy road I will drive much slower in my convertible (it is old, doesn't like bumps) than my Mercedes (it has better suspension)...

Last edited by Kanadzie; June 11th, 2014 at 01:31 AM.
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #12177
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

300,000 km per second is a law. All other speed limits are only recommendations, though they may come with consequences.

baderman liked this post
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #12178
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Fair enough, I didn't, the golf is a compact car though, behaves MUCH differently from a large saloon car ( less stable and less comfortable), let alone a car on Air or Hydro suspension.
I can see how 120 is a tad quick for such a rubbish road, but 60 is a bit meh for a dual carriegeway... I'm pretty sure not all cars will need to go that slow.
Quote:
I think in Vienna Convention signs this is blue square speed sign,
Aye, they are reasonably common in my area in Holland, also on motorways ( for example the A16 near the A20 at Terbregge).

Much better solution than a fixed speed limit.

Last edited by snowdog; June 11th, 2014 at 02:10 AM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #12179
Richard_P

Likes (Received): 2582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
I think in Vienna Convention signs this is blue square speed sign, but I have not seen even one of them in PL (actually... only on the "wilkommen bei Deutschland" signs :P).
Yes You are right, suggested speed limit is in Europe signed by blue square, unfortunately in Poland some dumbass messed with road code and signs and without any particular reason suggested speed was taken from it. But this isn't only stupidity which was implemented as for example temporarily road sign obligation (from hour to hour or during rain etc.) was also banned which basically means that speed limit is constant regardless of road conditions and temporarily sings (eg. winter speed restrictions) are dismantled after the season. Poland is also rich enough country to ban single middle line so there everywhere is double line. Yes and we mustn’t forget that in Poland right green arrow (painted not in lamp form) was banned in the same year when Germany and Czech Republic introduced it
Richard_P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #12180
Kemo

Polish road engineers
A house in the middle of the road, no warning signage at all.

http://maps.google.pl/maps?q=Skrajna...8,,1,-0.4&z=17

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road