daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2014, 08:28 AM   #12581
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
Actually this becomes slowly a history. Now toll plazas in US are adding express e-zpass lanes like these one below. There is no needs to slow down at all.

This is exactly the kind of system I was talking about.

And Janek0 is right - this would be an excellent solution for existing private concessionaries. However, I believe even future toll plazas should be like that. For elderly drivers or for people who are mistrustful of electronic systems.

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM   #12582
Venividi
BANNED

nice three lane road (2+1). I wish all polish national roads (DK) looked at least like this one.

Surel, loloo, michau88, Saken007 liked this post
Venividi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2014, 05:57 PM   #12583
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

There are so many road markings, signs, flashing arrow sign, and those dangerous-looking sticks in the road, it is almost like Japan
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2014, 08:01 PM   #12584
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

If you watched whole video it is not bad at all. Pretty nice stretch of road.
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2014, 09:02 PM   #12585
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

It reminds me a bit on S37 in Austria.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2014, 10:25 PM   #12586
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venividi View Post
nice three lane road (2+1). I wish all polish national roads (DK) looked at least like this one.
Actually, quite a lot of Polish national roads look like that, sometimes even better. For instance, DK2 between Mińsk Mazowiecki and Siedlce or DK4 in the Subcarpathian voivodeship (województwo Podkarpackie).

A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
Old September 1st, 2014, 11:04 PM   #12587
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
Actually, quite a lot of Polish national roads look like that, sometimes even better. For instance, DK2 between Mińsk Mazowiecki and Siedlce or DK4 in the Subcarpathian voivodeship (województwo Podkarpackie).
This is not true. Many Polish national roads "DK" are only 2 lanes with very few section in 2+1 configuration. Also, few of them are 2+2, mainly with traffic lights and at-grade intersections on rural areas, as per example DK1 between Piotrkow Trybunalski and Katowice, or DK92 in Poznan area. They do have sometimes - principally on major axes - an emergency lane (mostly 1,5-2 meters wide) on both directions. They often become dual carriageway in main cities.
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2014, 11:47 PM   #12588
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janek0 View Post
Yes, but concessionaires will have to agree to this, the government can not impose them anything.
Well, if they were promised the same toll revenue without having to operate the equipment or toll booths, I imagine they'd be more than happy to agree. But it's why I don't see vignettes being a reality - it would be politically impossible to impose vignettes without it being for all toll roads.

Quote:
Not necessarily. There are some options, e.g. route declaration with payment in advance for those not possessing viaAUTO. Details should be announced in the coming weeks.
I honestly don't think it's realistic to expect everyone to have either the viaAUTO or to declare in advance. A more sensible solution would be to perhaps consider post-paid tolling - like in some Nordic locations, you would get a bill a the end of the month for all the journeys that you made.

Either way, I have a bad feeling that a move away from physical toll booths is an excuse to toll the S-roads.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 06:20 AM   #12589
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Well, if they were promised the same toll revenue without having to operate the equipment or toll booths, I imagine they'd be more than happy to agree.
Logical reasoning fails here.

If it is as you wrote, why GTC wants to expand toll booths near Toruń next year?
http://torun.gazeta.pl/torun/1,87119...przyszlym.html

And why Stalexport just expanded their toll booths and right now is replacing all hardware, including cashier boxes?
Anyone wants to buy? http://www.autostrada-a4.pl/-/514
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:30 AM   #12590
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
This is not true. Many Polish national roads "DK" are only 2 lanes with very few section in 2+1 configuration. Also, few of them are 2+2, mainly with traffic lights and at-grade intersections on rural areas, as per example DK1 between Piotrkow Trybunalski and Katowice, or DK92 in Poznan area. They do have sometimes - principally on major axes - an emergency lane (mostly 1,5-2 meters wide) on both directions. They often become dual carriageway in main cities.
Agreed. But the number of such DK like in the video has dramatically increased.

Moreover, around 80% of the DK I have driven on since 2011 are of excellent quality.

I still remember the hard times when traveling between Warsaw and Paris, I spent all day driving to Świecko or Słubice, or how horrible used to be the drive on DK8 Wrocław - Piotrków Trybunalski or on DK46 Opole-Częstochowa. Now most stretches of these national roads are of very good quality and some (shall soon) have the alternative expressway/motorway running in parallel.

Billly, SRC_100, skuzz85 liked this post
Old September 2nd, 2014, 02:55 PM   #12591
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
I still remember the hard times when traveling between Warsaw and Paris, I spent all day driving to Świecko or Słubice, or how horrible used to be the drive on DK8 Wrocław - Piotrków Trybunalski or on DK46 Opole-Częstochowa. Now most stretches of these national roads are of very good quality and some (shall soon) have the alternative expressway/motorway running in parallel.
I have made this travel from Warsaw a few weeks ago; while the road from Borki Sokolskie (junction of DK8/DK14 and actual start of S8) is very smooth and pleasant till the border, even on the old RAB; as well as S8 or the alternative route by A2, respectively till Piotrków Trybunalski or Strykow. I cannot say the same for the remaining section of DK8 or DK14 (~120 KM), were you often have lots of trucks and traffic, and some sections are in a poor condition (ruts).

Like that one:
https://www.google.fr/maps/@51.33568...80WrNIGJ9g!2e0

or:
https://www.google.fr/maps/@51.35090...kLT-wIuK0A!2e0
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:27 AM   #12592
Superkot634
Requiem for a dream

Likes (Received): 562

Quote:
Agreed. But the number of such DK like in the video has dramatically increased.

Moreover, around 80% of the DK I have driven on since 2011 are of excellent quality.

In good condition is 66% national roads in Poland. 80% - in my opinion, a little exaggerated. Some national roads are in terrible condition.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:07 AM   #12593
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

But, there are national roads and national roads... probably 50% of DK roads take 90% of traffic volume on DK roads (surely roads like DK7, DK 8 vs DK 48), are those ones good?

I don't care as long as DK 79 Warszawa - Sandomierz - Krakow is improved as much as possible
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:08 PM   #12594
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Work finished on repairing S17 at Ciemięgi by given deadline of 28th August Opening not far off now

http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/pl/a/16141/...linie-Ciemiegi
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #12595
Lempsss

Likes (Received): 0

What is this lonely yellow strip near Lomza?

http://puu.sh/bnScm/de43ea6b14.jpg
Lempsss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #12596
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18753

Just some noob added S61 to Google maps even though the exact route is not yet known... and lame Google reviewers from India approved it.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #12597
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18753

Works on S61 (the so-called Augustów bypass) are also finishing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by konradb4 View Post

Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #12598
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

Nice Btw, I never saw such kind of crashbarriers in Poland, I saw it in Estonian dual-carriegeways is something like that.

Last edited by PovilD; September 10th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 09:13 PM   #12599
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

You mean the cable barrier? This appears to be a fairly recent introduction in Poland, S2 in Warszawa has them too.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #12600
Rombi

Likes (Received): 305

A1 too.
Bo właśnie w podróży, rano, w obcym mieście, zanim druga kawa zacznie działać, doświadcza się najmocniej dziwności własnego, pozornie banalnego bytu. Podróż jest po prostu stosunkowo zdrowym rodzajem narkotyku.
Andrzej Stasiuk
Rombi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road