daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #1261
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What about the construction of the A1 south of Torun. If it takes 3 years to construct 80km at the time it would take years before it reaches Katowice. Industrial/economic growth can't wait that long.
I couldn't agree wirth ChrisZwolle more. I really can't understand why it's going to take three years just to add an extra 80km of motorway from Nowe Marzy to Torun - surely the first bridge over the Vistula river near Nowe Marzy doesn't take that long to erect? By May 2009 we're going to have an imcomplete and fragmentary motorway with sections from:
Ruscocin (Gdansk) to Nowe Marzy (Grudziadz) - this part only serves a tiny part of northern Poland, possibly the section from Strykow II (Lodz) to the current A1 motorway near Piotrykow Trb will be done and finally the section from Gliwice Sosnica interchange with the A4 motorway to Goryzcki at the Czech border.
In summary, so there will be a huge gap between Nowe Marzy and Strykow II interchanges and between the end of the current A1 motorway near Piotrykow Trb (unless by some miracle the current E75 dual carraigeway from near Piotrykow Trb to Czechostowa is upgraded to motorway standard by 2009 ) and Gliwice Sosnica interchange. S
So in reality the people of Gdansk and Bydgoszcz will only benefit from the A1 from Ruscocin to Nowe Marzy, only the people of Lodz will benefit from the A1from Strykow II to Piotrykow Trb and finally only the people of the Katowice agglomeration will benefit from the A1 from Sosnica to the Czech border.
This is a ridiculous situation - what use is a fragmented motorway with the section for central Poland missing?
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #1262
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Well, 3 years for 80km isn't that bad, but they should work on more pieces simultaneously, so most of the A1 will be ready in 4 years or so. If they keep moving 80km per 3 years, it would take 30 years to cover 800 km.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #1263
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

The work will progress concurently. What we know today is that the construction of A1 south to Torun will start in early 2009 (actual heavy ground works).

At the same time negotiations are currently underway (construction of the remaining stretches of A1). So what we will know in 1 month or 2 months from now may be very different from what we know today.

Don't despair. Nobody is going to wait 3 years until A1 to Torun is completed to start buidling remaining stretches of A1.
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #1264
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

On section from Grudziądz to Toruń they left some spare time for eventual problems or difficulties
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #1265
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

As long as it is finished for Euro 2012
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #1266
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
Don't despair. Nobody is going to wait 3 years until A1 to Torun is completed to start buidling remaining stretches of A1.
Yeah, chill out, the Ministry of Infrastructure promises the whole A1 will be built till the end of 2011. It's an outright lie, but the current situation, as published every week (or two) by road authorities (http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/dane/standia.pdf) is as follows:

(Gdańsk) Rusocin - Nowe Marzy (Grudziądz) - open or opens soon.

Grudziądz - Toruń: construction started, due 2011.

Toruń - Stryków (Łódź): still on the drawing board. Also lacks some administrative decisions - and those are the hardest part, with protests always delaying the whole thing by months and even years. My prediction: the paperwork with protests will take the whole year 2009. The tender for construction (with protests) will take the whole 2010. The construction will start early 2011 and finish 2012/13 (two years is enough, since there are no sophisticated constructions like the Vistula river bridge).

Łódź - Piotrków - Częstochowa - Pyrzowice (near the airport for Katowice): it's a PPP. The deal with the private partner is not signed yet. If it will be signed this year, then the works might begin late 2009 to mid-2010, so the motorway could be ready in mid-2012, if they really put some effort to it. If not (and don't forget, large part of it is a current double-carriageway DK1, they will probably have to rebuild it in stages, keeping one carriageway open to traffic) - we might end up in 2013...

Pyrzowice - Gliwice: The tender for construction works is on the way, but there are also protests to some administrative decisions. My prediction: next year to clear out protests; on some parts construction might start even early 2009, on some - late 2009 to 2010. Tiny bits could open to traffic in 2011, but the whole part will be ready in 2012.

Gliwice - Gorzyczki (PL/CZ): U/C now, the whole part might be open in 2010.

As you can see, it's not that they build it step-by-step, waiting with the next section until the previous one is finished. But still - the whole A1 will not be ready for mid-2012.
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #1267
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That's still quite fast. I hope this counts for the A2 Frankfurt/Oder - Nowy Tomysl / Lodz - Warszawa - Terespol too.
Old October 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #1268
Timon91
Error

In how many days will the A4 between Jedrzychowice-Krzywowa open?
Old October 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #1269
Mateusz

Eastern part is finished in practice but it will probably have to to wait couple of months for other part to catch up to beggining of 2009...
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #1270
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

I've heard sth about opening only half of ot, but this might be only rumors

----------------

BTW, new section of A8 is U/C (red)

Old October 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #1271
Mateusz

That's great news ! So they got a deal then Motorway Bypass of Wrocław is getting reality
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #1272
Timon91
Error

Hopefully they also extend the A8 to Lodz, but I can't remember there were any plans for that. Am I right?
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #1273
Mateusz

Yes there is plan for expressway S8 to Łódź
Old October 7th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #1274
PLH

and to the Lithuanian border, partially U/C now (30 km) and existing (22 km)

Last edited by PLH; October 7th, 2008 at 04:47 PM.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #1275
asahi

Likes (Received): 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
and to the Latvian border, partially U/C now (30 km) and existing (22 km)
rather Lithuanian
asahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #1276
adas22
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
and to the Latvian border, partially U/C now (30 km) and existing (22 km)
We border Lithuania on east, Latvia is eastern neighbour of Lithuania.
adas22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #1277
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

I would think that the A4 from Krzyzowa to Zgorzelec should be ready for use in Jan 2009 . It's October now so that only leaves November and December to get the Zgorzelec interchange up to scratch. But at least we're now at the stage where all of the interchanges between Krzyzowa and Zgorzelec are complete . Some pictures of the almost completed interchange a Krzyzowa would be good .
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #1278
PLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by adas22 View Post
We border Lithuania on east, Latvia is eastern neighbour of Lithuania.
Lithuanian of course

Thanks for this short geography lession

-------------------------------

Some pics from A4:

Old October 7th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #1279
Timon91
Error

I don't really like it that the exits are asphalt and the road surface itself is concrete. It looks pretty ugly IMO. However, I cannot think of solution to prevent that. I've never seen it that way (at least I don't remember it)
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #1280
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Asphalt is easier to construct that way. Concrete is easier to construct on straight sections, if you look at those machines they use.

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road