daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #13141
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

You mean a motorway from Hel(l)?

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

rakcancer, TranslatorPS liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #13142
WB2010

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
New section of S69 in southern Poland, 6.1km:

New stretch of S69 is just 6,1 km long, but along it there are 9,7 km of the high acoustic barriers. Simply great

loloo, SRC_100 liked this post
WB2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #13143
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18775

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Page 46, project 13, S7 Lubień - Rabka. 3.2 billion PLN for 17 km. That's € 46 million per kilometer. What are the plans for this stretch? Do they plan a long tunnel? It is significantly more expensive than other S projects (except for S2 in Warszawa). Most S projects hover in the € 8 - 12 million/km range.
Tunnel (2 km), many bridges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB2010 View Post
New stretch of S69 is just 6,1 km long, but along it there are 9,7 km of the high acoustic barriers. Simply great
Guess why?
Houses. Houses everywhere.

Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #13144
MonteChristo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
to integrate Poland with other nations, firstly Poland needs to be self-integrated (national roads or expressways). once we achieve this level then we can start thinking of EU integration. no the other way around
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Poland has been integrating into the EU since 1991 when Poland signed the EU Association Agreement and started modifying Polish law to conform with EU requirements. This process will not stop just because some people want to pursue an isolationist road-building strategy (which anyway could not reasonably be financed).

It's good to have harmony in development. Shame that biggest and most important cities like Warsaw Krakow anf Gdansk don't have proper road connection. Economic centre of Poland lies on the line Tricity (Gdansk/Gdynia/Sopot)-Warsaw/Łodz-Katowice/Krakow (Central European Ruhrgebiet). With Eastern economic islands like Wrocław/LGOM(LEginica), Poznan and Szczecin.

I think in Polish interest is to have good road connections with landlocked countries (Czech R., Slovakia and further Hungary, Belarus) because of our Ports.

DCT port becomes European heavyweight. It's already Baltic Sea hub.

Expansion worth 300m Euro started.

Planned logistic centre (by Goodman-partly alredy U/C)

mcarling liked this post

Last edited by MonteChristo; November 7th, 2014 at 11:21 PM.
MonteChristo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #13145
Venividi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
You mean a motorway from Hel(l)?
I was talking about OPAT (TriCity's northern bypass, an extension of the existing Tri-City Bypass) which should go around Rumia and Reda (DK6 in these cities is very crowded (especially in summer months)

[IMG]http://i58.************/30w846r.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i57.************/fkb5dx.jpg[/IMG]
Venividi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #13146
Dantiscum

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venividi View Post

no northern bypass for 3city agglomeration (instead they will spend money for useless 'metropolitan' ring road.
Can't agree with that. Tricity bypass is no real bypass anymore, more like middle inner ring. In rush hours it's one huge traffic jam. A wider ring road is urgently needed.
Dantiscum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #13147
Japinta

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post

However, I found no clear evidence of what will happen to the old Suwałki-Augustów road.
It already happened. I drove this road today and there is no '8' signage.
Japinta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #13148
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Guess why?
Houses. Houses everywhere.

lol, you call this houses worth of building noise screens?

This is where noise barriers belong, HERE (Nederlands):

or HERE (GB):

or HERE (Poland):

Just because there are few houses around motorway, it doesn't mean we have to built automatically everywhere noise screens. Unfortunately in Poland we say: "szlachcic na zagrodzie rowny wojewodzie...". which in very simple words means: I don't give a sh...t about others, I am most important here ...

WB2010, loloo, dexter2 liked this post
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:04 AM   #13149
rakcancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantiscum View Post
Can't agree with that. Tricity bypass is no real bypass anymore, more like middle inner ring. In rush hours it's one huge traffic jam. A wider ring road is urgently needed.
Both are important and urgent to be build.
OPAT beacause of extremely heavy traffic especially in summer. Rumia, Reda and Chylonia part of Gdynia are in fact split in half by heavy traffic during that period.
Metropolitan Ring is going to unload heavy traffic on existing Tri-City bypass. When it happens old bypass should be widened from very narrow two to at least three lanes each way.
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #13150
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18775

Quote:
Metropolitan Ring is going to unload heavy traffic on existing Tri-City bypass.
No it won't. Majority of this "heavy traffic" has a destination point in Gdynia or Gdańsk and will not use OMT (metropolitan ring). OMT will only serve urban sprawl in the Kaszuby region.

Waste of money. We better spend this money on that:
Quote:
old bypass should be widened from very narrow two to at least three lanes each way.
Kemo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #13151
Janek0

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Unfortunately in Poland we say: "szlachcic na zagrodzie rowny wojewodzie...". which in very simple words means: I don't give a sh...t about others, I am most important here ...
Is this about drivers who fulminate against the noise barriers because they obscure the scenery?
Janek0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:45 AM   #13152
POLAMCO

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:

or HERE (GB):

or HERE (Poland):

Just because there are few houses around motorway, it doesn't mean we have to built automatically everywhere noise screens. Unfortunately in Poland we say: "szlachcic na zagrodzie rowny wojewodzie...". which in very simple words means: I don't give a sh...t about others, I am most important here ...
Why you just don't go there and ask them are they happy to live without those freaking barriers? Yes, I want to puke too when I start to read your yelling. I propose move to this kind of place where you'll appreciate the sound of road freight from all over the Europe. 24/7, instead of heavy traffic ban days.

P.S.Poland=/=Holland=/=GB

Janek0, MonteChristo, Luki_SL, nemesis666 liked this post
POLAMCO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #13153
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Both are important and urgent to be build.
OPAT beacause of extremely heavy traffic especially in summer. Rumia, Reda and Chylonia part of Gdynia are in fact split in half by heavy traffic during that period.
Metropolitan Ring is going to unload heavy traffic on existing Tri-City bypass. When it happens old bypass should be widened from very narrow two to at least three lanes each way.
Quote:
No it won't. Majority of this "heavy traffic" has a destination point in Gdynia or Gdańsk and will not use OMT (metropolitan ring). OMT will only serve urban sprawl in the Kaszuby region.

then probably should aim for 3+3+3+3 arrangement or similar. Adding 3rd lane both ways that will last a few months
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #13154
rakcancer

Quote:

What are you talking about? Have you ever lived in Tri-City area? From your post I would say: NO. You have no clue how clogged is Tri-City bypass.
And YES Metropolitan Ring wouldn't solve all problems but for sure it would redirect all traffic going towards Slupsk, Koszalin, Szczecin + Kaszuby region and would let widen existing Tri-City bypass which is URGENT.
If you disagree with that, you should come to Tri-City and live here for while. Maybe that would convince you.

Dantiscum liked this post
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:55 AM   #13155
rakcancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLAMCO View Post
Why you just don't go there and ask them are they happy to live without those freaking barriers? Yes, I want to puke too when I start to read your yelling. I propose move to this kind of place where you'll appreciate the sound of road freight from all over the Europe. 24/7, instead of heavy traffic ban days.

P.S.Poland=/=Holland=/=GB
Well, some people in Poland are sick of these barriers.... and I am taking about these who live next to them... Sometimes view of that ugly walls from the windows make people depressed more than noise.

mcarling, Karaya liked this post
Old November 8th, 2014, 02:03 AM   #13156
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82113

I live 300 meters of a motorway in Belgium with just a field in between and no sound barrier. On a nice sunny day when you want to relax outside, having the wind in the wrong direction, the sound is terrible. But the authorities are unwilling to build a wall in our village, while 2 km's further there is one.
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #13157
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

edit
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #13158
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I don't understand why noise barriers need to be so tall in Poland. They are almost uniformly more than 5 meters tall.

For example, this is A28 near Zwolle. There is one house which is located 15 meters off the motorway. Instead of building a 'Berlin Wall' in front of the house, they installed a low noise barrier where you can see through.

A28 Hessenpoort-3 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

WB2010, mcarling, Rombi, loloo liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #13159
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:

You compare apples and oranges. I guess the NL motorway was built earlier than the houses around. No one cared about noise when the houses were built. People moved there although they knew that it's noisy there. Maybe because the low rental price. The traffic increased over the past decades.

The Polish S69 is a new motorway. The houses were built earlier in a quite area. It's a totally different situation! The experience and the law are different today.

Billly, dugiPL liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #13160
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:

You compare complete different quality living though. The density is not what should be deciding here, the quality of living should be. There are very little areas where you would find such detached houses in the Netherlands with so much space and green around them.

I think the noise reduction is really needed in such area, although the screens could be replaced by other, more esthetic, measures, however that would be even more expensive probably. Don't forget that porous asphalt is used almost everywhere in the Netherlands.

baderman liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road