daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 24th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #14941
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17443

A1 Stryków-Tuszyn, from : http://www.a1autostrada.pl
Part 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazusik View Post

I trochę świezych zdjęć dronem z ok. 21.11.

Urbanista1, SRC_100, Nowax, loloo, seszele and 2 others liked this post
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2015, 07:15 PM   #14942
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17443

Part 2 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazusik View Post

c.d.

Rebasepoiss, SRC_100, Nowax, loloo, seszele and 2 others liked this post
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 04:16 PM   #14943
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Construction of the S19 extension west of Rzeszów. It appears that they are building a bridge that spans a valley.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

PiotrG, Nowax, Rombi, loloo, Luki_SL and 2 others liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 03:50 AM   #14944
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 169

Whats the status on the last remaining part of the A4 that is not yet open in the east?
Why is it taking such a long time to finish this part of the A4?
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 04:09 AM   #14945
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

who want to go east anymore?

simondanut, escaton001 liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 05:24 AM   #14946
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
who want to go east anymore?
What an intelligent ans useful response

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

LMB liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 10:24 AM   #14947
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Whats the status on the last remaining part of the A4 that is not yet open in the east?
Wait till May 2016. Well there are of course some delays I think cause the govts don't want a Ukrainian influx(salaries in Poland being in average 8 times higher than Ukrainian). It was actual for Euro 2012. That was the date when the motorway lost its contractor.. You needn't worry too much unless you are one of those Ukrainians. But surely the ribbon cutting will be in place, as the motorway is the first fully completed long highway(100+ km)
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 11:31 AM   #14948
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
U/c

Quote:
Due to faild of ex-contractor (Polimex-Mostostal). The current contractors are ahead of schedule, despite of there are some problems with stability of the ground, as well as viaducts and bridges made by ex-contractor. Before next summer motorway should be ready to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Wait till May 2016. Well there are of course some delays I think cause the govts don't want a Ukrainian influx(salaries in Poland being in average 8 times higher than Ukrainian). It was actual for Euro 2012. That was the date when the motorway lost its contractor.. You needn't worry too much unless you are one of those Ukrainians. But surely the ribbon cutting will be in place, as the motorway is the first fully completed long highway(100+ km)

Such a bullshit keep to yourself. In every international thread you post your stupid reflections.. just keep it to yourself.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 12:55 PM   #14949
Maciek_CK
Great Scott!

Likes (Received): 1026

In addition, Polimex-Mostostal is also responsible for the delays on A1 Stryków-Tuszyn (current contractors are busting their asses so that this crucial segment of the motorway can be opened ASAP) and S69 Bielsko-Biała - Żywiec (opened in July).
Old November 26th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #14950
ukraroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
U/c

Due to faild of ex-contractor (Polimex-Mostostal). The current contractors are ahead of schedule, despite of there are some problems with stability of the ground, as well as viaducts and bridges made by ex-contractor. Before next summer motorway should be ready to use.

Such a bullshit keep to yourself. In every international thread you post your stupid reflections.. just keep it to yourself.
If you were Ukrainian you'd understand. Rathe too much people say they are to no use in EU at all, except for cheap labour. Etc.etc... But yeah you are right. That was stupid of me. I'm again talking about politics. That's not nice at all. Anyway, I don't deny the motorway is very important for Poland.
Old November 26th, 2015, 03:49 PM   #14951
SRC_100

Claiming that Poland does not want to open the last section of the A4 motorway, in order to stop the influx of citizens of Ukraine is just silly.
Old November 26th, 2015, 06:33 PM   #14952
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4620

Perhaps he was just ironic

loloo liked this post
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 01:57 AM   #14953
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5287

Quote:
If you were Ukrainian you'd understand. Rathe too much people say they are to no use in EU at all, except for cheap labour. Etc.etc... But yeah you are right. That was stupid of me. I'm again talking about politics. That's not nice at all. Anyway, I don't deny the motorway is very important for Poland.
Poland should be happy to get Ukrainians, very nice, decent an hardworking people. cheers

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

SRC_100, Beck's, yunit liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 03:10 AM   #14954
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
U/c

If Poland does not want a motorway, they won't build one. Look at Belarus, no motorway (except a small piece) between Warsaw ans the border. Its idiotic to start building a motorway and slow the process afterwards.

All in all, i would think that one can argue, that there is not "Poland" and "Ukraine". So it might be possible that some politicians like the ides of the motorway, others don't. And some people like the ukrainian workforce and see its advantages, others not. But i suppose, this small piece of motorway won't change much. Both things just have not much to do with each other.

In general as the same things are true for the polish-german commuting of workers: I never got the point why germans hate polish workers for "taking our labor" whilst nobody wants to dig out asparagus 10 hours a day. There was an interview with some owners of farms. They told, that only occasional a german asks for the work at all. And no one did stay....

I think its time for me to bow down before all this people who work hard in our country. As we are at SSC, i might mention the working brigades from Kosovo which were involved in several raod projects next my place. Or the polish rail builders... If germans don't want to do this hard work anymore like our fathers did, thats ok. But in this case we should be thankful to others doing it. What we do is treating them like shit. Thats evil.

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

mcarling, Proterra liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 03:36 AM   #14955
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

what about local traffic justifying sooner construction of motorway link than traffic near border? Maybe the traffic flow on the existing road between Rzesow and Jaroslaw is generally fluid and so construction priority should be sent to other more pressing matters... (maybe yes, maybe no, but certainly the earlier constructions of the A4 (e.g. Krakow - Wroclaw) were very important and the part to UA border less so...)
Old November 27th, 2015, 11:21 AM   #14956
SRC_100

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
If Poland does not want a motorway, they won't build one. Look at Belarus, no motorway (except a small piece) between Warsaw ans the border. Its idiotic to start building a motorway and slow the process afterwards.

All in all, i would think that one can argue, that there is not "Poland" and "Ukraine". So it might be possible that some politicians like the ides of the motorway, others don't. And some people like the ukrainian workforce and see its advantages, others not. But i suppose, this small piece of motorway won't change much. Both things just have not much to do with each other.

In general as the same things are true for the polish-german commuting of workers: I never got the point why germans hate polish workers for "taking our labor" whilst nobody wants to dig out asparagus 10 hours a day. There was an interview with some owners of farms. They told, that only occasional a german asks for the work at all. And no one did stay....

I think its time for me to bow down before all this people who work hard in our country. As we are at SSC, i might mention the working brigades from Kosovo which were involved in several raod projects next my place. Or the polish rail builders... If germans don't want to do this hard work anymore like our fathers did, thats ok. But in this case we should be thankful to others doing it. What we do is treating them like shit. Thats evil.
That`s not the point of my last post. I just wanted to explain:
1. reason of delay regarding construction of A4 motorway (east of Rzeszów).
and
2. that this delay have nothing to do with Ukrainians or other nation or country.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #14957
seszele

Likes (Received): 1142

My POV on this

Polish priotities were cristal clear back in 2007; to connect existing A stretches to EU network first, followed with substantial development of motorway network throughout the country, especially between large cities and metro areas (another thing being whether Poland in fact followed the plan consequently or not).
While A4 construction all the way to Ukraine was initiated only due to EURO 2012, otherwise it would probably end somewhere near to Rzeszow (A2 discontinuation being sample here).

There is perhaps very little advantage so far for a direct motorway connection to Ukraine or Belarus considering ages one needs to spend on the border checking in the end and little local traffic as well.

Nevertheless I do believe high traffic density is only one reason to upgrade DK to A/S category. Bringing more business and development being the other, meaning enhancing a pace of development of Eastern Polish regions and increasing their competitivness ability against Western Poland.

And only then, with time, traffic numbers are going to increase gradually, as business will grow and society becomes more mobile in those areas.

Now let's move back to highways strictly
seszele no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 03:31 PM   #14958
ukraroad

How is the progress going on S1 DSU from Myslowice to Bielsko-Biala? I guess it must a priority. Plus wiki says there is(or at least was) some money to carry out a tender for A18 motorway for 2011-2015, GDDKiA in Zielona Gora said. A nice addition to the motorway system. I guess people from Berlin go via S3 to Wroclaw. Maybe it would be nice to change those concrete slabs, uh? Tired of driving 70 on a two-lane in the forest with not a village. Why the company reconstructing the north part didn't take south? And the last: S8 looks pretty strange, and abrupts like 30 km apart at a very bad angle indeed. Was it initially planned or there were other choices?

Last edited by ukraroad; November 29th, 2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old November 29th, 2015, 05:22 PM   #14959
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

What the hell? This is some of the most pointless bickering I've ever seen.

The last section of the A4 is under construction. Works are already well advanced; you can trace it on Google Earth if you care to. To wit. I don't know when it'll be open ... but it's obviously "soon". So quit kvetching.
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 07:10 PM   #14960
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
How is the progress going on S1 DSU from Myslowice to Bielsko-Biala? I guess it must a priority. Plus wiki says there is(or at least was) some money to carry out a tender for A18 motorway for 2011-2015, GDDKiA in Zielona Gora said. A nice addition to the motorway system. I guess people from Berlin go via S3 to Wroclaw. Maybe it would be nice to change those concrete slabs, uh? Tired of driving 70 on a two-lane in the forest with not a village. Why the company reconstructing the north part didn't take south? And the last: S8 looks pretty strange, and abrupts like 30 km apart at a very bad angle indeed. Was it initially planned or there were other choices?
so I far I have not taken part in your conversation.
I admire Ukrainian nation a lot, so did not want to start playing you game.
but please before you post new thoughts here... think twice what kind of badge you can get in return.
all you do is just disheartening us for further converstion.
:-)

SRC_100 liked this post
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road