daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #15001
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel_PL View Post
http://wyborcza.biz/biznes/1,100896,...cal#BoxBizLink

^ an article in Polish saying that many contracts have to be cancelled because of the lack of money. The PIS administration says the road building programme approved in September was just a handfull of unrealistic promises. The new era has just begun
What a surprise. They desperately need cash, and they're willing to destroy everything just to bribe the voters for 4 years. I'm just scared that the next 4 years will inflict so much financial damage that it will take 10 years to recover from.

loloo, mcarling, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2015, 05:43 AM   #15002
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
don't get me wrong I'm no PIS supporter, but I think road network might get fully built but later, they want to change their priorities to addressing quality of life and demographic crisis, which is definitely a crisis, given how Poles have such an in-born bias against living in Poland. Poles always find or create reasons to emigrate, it's genetic. They have an inferiority complex about living in Poland. Better roads won't change that. If we could root out the negativity in Polish people, maybe this will make them happier than new roads
I don't think that this government will improve Polish "inferiority complex" for better. Also, Poles are not the only ones in Central-Eastern Europe to complain, nor to emigrate "en masse". As I said, Hungary has a quite similar party to PiS for years now, and the latter like to take example and claims from the former.
As for what concerns you most: general people's happiness, looking at international happiness analysis reports, Hungary is on the bottom - Poland is higher: http://worldhappiness.report/wp-cont...HR15_Sep15.pdf
Furthermore, I don't believe that giving 110 EUR (500 PLN) for a child will "magically" increase one of the lowest fertility rate in the world. Many countries have tried this before, and invested much more than what Poland wants to in this field, with very mitigated results, mostly negative ones. Only France, had a "positive" result, but again they are mostly children from non-European immigrants...
IMHO, the most important for "hapiness" is a strong economy, comprehensive, law ruled and efficiently controlled state and sectors of businesses, without unecessary "harassment and barriers" for their fellow citizens, with a well managed social security and taxes/spendings system. Of course, with a good quality road and motorways network .

Road deaths, on the contrary, affects everyone and everywhere, especially in Poland "top of EU". So, if you lost you're loved ones because of lack of proper infrastructure, or because of the stupid idiots behind wheels - that the current party do not seem to want to fight anyway - your hapiness, like this of your entourage, plunges - I heard lots of tragedies from almost every Pole I met. Not to mention the stress and anger induced by inadapted road infrastructure, that Poland has right now .

Urbanista1, hermsNS liked this post

Last edited by John Maynard; December 12th, 2015 at 06:03 AM.
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 06:24 AM   #15003
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

for road deaths it seems whatever is being done is working quite well
Quote:
Road fatalities

- 2015: 2.586
- 2014: 2.869
- 2013: 3.035
It seems like a sustained and significant decline annum on annum. Sure, "one is tragedy" but it is not possible for it to go to zero overnight...
Old December 12th, 2015, 11:26 AM   #15004
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

S7 Milomyn - Ostroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooCharles View Post
Old December 12th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #15005
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2207

Looking at all those photos of Sand across Poland...how do you find and transport the rock base required for all these new S and A roads?
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM   #15006
Surel

Likes (Received): 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Looking at all those photos of Sand across Poland...how do you find and transport the rock base required for all these new S and A roads?
I am not sure, but I don't think that you need that much rock in fact. Just for the top layers I guess.

What you need is very tight compacting of the sand.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #15007
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post

I think i see it in the first of ufonets S7 photos there. Thanks Surel.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #15008
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I am not sure, but I don't think that you need that much rock in fact. Just for the top layers I guess.

not sure about that you do need rock for stability, sand will liquefy when subjected to vibration over long periods of time.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #15009
macieii

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
Nope. Other government, other priorities. Golden age of road construction in Poland is over.
Bullshit.
macieii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2015, 02:58 PM   #15010
Strzala

Likes (Received): 8884

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
We have regions (f.e. świętokrzyskie, dolnoślaskie) in Poland - with many rock resources and mines:

Rocks are transported by trucks and trains.

Urbanista1, loloo, Chris80678, rakcancer liked this post
Strzala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 02:05 AM   #15011
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by macieii View Post
Bullshit.
I like people with so much detailled and precise arguments. People who like to explain and discuss. Clap your hands for this fellow!

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

rakcancer, mcarling, LMB, kazumoto liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #15012
escaton001

Likes (Received): 116

I don't think it's a good place to discuss about politics. Just pure informations about highways in Poland!

yunit, db84 liked this post
escaton001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #15013
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 174

DK8 between Janki and Paszków has become S8 and is open to traffic now Source: Polish forum
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 01:31 PM   #15014
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
DK8 between Janki and Paszków has become S8 and is open to traffic now Source: Polish forum
Was it opened today or yesterday?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 01:48 PM   #15015
Chris80678

It opened yesterday I believe
Old December 14th, 2015, 02:29 PM   #15016
baderman

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
I like people with so much detailled and precise arguments. People who like to explain and discuss. Clap your hands for this fellow!
I think, that people in Poland are fed up trying to explain other people (from around world) what is going on. Most people from abroad have their opinion based only on media. This informations are very biased, and they're far from truth (simplifications, ommisions, blatant lies, misinterpretations). So, when someone, without real reasons repeats thesis from hostile political agenda, don't be surprised with such answer. Text was a provocative, it got exactly that kind of response, which was expected - short and vulgar. After this, anyone educated by media could deliver statement like yours. Provocation 101. And - I didn't vote on any party in current (or previous) pairlament, so save yourself a comment on this. All posts off-topic, including this, should be removed by mods. [EOT]

bad_boy, CMichu, Chris80678, escaton001 liked this post
baderman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2015, 01:08 PM   #15017
Chris80678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
It opened yesterday I believe
Taken directly from GDDKIA website:

S8 Opacz-Paszków with connector put into motion

14-12-2015

Drivers can now fully enjoy the 11.5 km long express route from Opacz to Warsaw Janki Paszków as well as the newly built connector to the DK 7 from the node Warsaw Janki to Magdalenka.

The contract was signed in April 2013. It was carried out according to the agreement within 32 months. Investment worth 565.7 million zł and is
co-financed by the European Union under the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2007-2013.

6 km of new expressway running from the new Opacz interchange to Janki Warsaw and to Paszków interchange has been opened meaning that the existing DK 8 has been adapted to the parameters of the class "S". 2.5 kilometers of new road (with parameters GP class) connecting the expressway route (from Warsaw Janki) from the DK 7.

This gives us 4 interchanges: Puchały, Warsaw Janki, Paszków and Sekocin. In addition, engineering structures were built, (5 overpasses, 4 bridges, 13 overpasses, 10 passages for animals), plant protection of the environment and road safety.
Old December 17th, 2015, 04:58 AM   #15018
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1732

A4 Rzeszow-Jaroslaw

More here:

http://www.a4rzeszowjaroslaw.pl/gale...cze-14-12-2015

loloo, Luki_SL, Jaromir, baderman, gr_kanev and 2 others liked this post
ufonut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 05:07 AM   #15019
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

magnificent motorway

I always wonder why they build MOP-y in situations like this... surely there are some stacja paliw / petrol stations and McDonald's in the small village to the side of the picture...
Is there any resistance from smaller centres to construction of bypasses and motorways due to reduced commerce internally from through traffic (as was seen broadly in the USA) or is it just as quiet as it seems? (maybe Poles like to drive so fast they favor the autostrada no matter what
Old December 17th, 2015, 09:53 AM   #15020
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Why is one side of asphalt darker???
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road