daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #15421
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18772

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswnl View Post
Indeed, and the exit-symbol instead of the interchange-symbol.
Nope, all exits are still signposted with the interchange symbol, the exit symbol signposts slip roads.

That doesn't make much sense.

Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2016, 05:42 PM   #15422
Maciek_CK
Great Scott!

Likes (Received): 1026

A contract was signed today with SALINI IMPREGILO S.p.A. for constructing a 5,2 km long S7 expressway between Skomielna Biała and Rabka Zdrój, along with a 0,9 km long DK47 connector from Rabka Zdrój to Chabówka (all part of Zakopianka). One contract down, two to go.

S7 Skomielna Biała - Rabka Zdrój 5,2 km (April 2016 to July 2018) - [project] - map
DK47 Rabka Zdrój - Chabówka 0,9 km (April 2016 to July 2018) - [project] - map
Old March 31st, 2016, 07:11 PM   #15423
Kemo

A construction permit was issued for the missing section of Puławy bypass on S12 motorway:

S12: Puławy-Dęblińska - Puławy-Azoty 1.3 km (April 2016 to April 2018) [2nd c/w] - project - map
S12: Puławy-Azoty - Kurów-West (S17) 11.1 km (April 2016 to April 2018) - project - map

By the way:

S8: Wyszkow-North – Poreba project website: http://s8.wyszkow-poreba.pl/
S8: Poreba – Ostrow Mazowiecka-South project website: http://s8.poreba-ostrow.pl/
DK16: Olsztyn-West – Olsztyn-South (S51) project website: http://obwodnicaolsztyna-zadanie1.pl/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciek_CK View Post
S7 Skomielna Biała - Rabka Zdrój 5,2 km (April 2016 to July 2018) - [project] - map
The interchange is oficially named Zabornia, but I agree that Rabka-Zdrój would be a better name

Last edited by Kemo; March 31st, 2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old March 31st, 2016, 07:21 PM   #15424
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice, exit numbers
There used to be km-posted. I personally prefer that.

belerophon liked this post
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 07:24 PM   #15425
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
There used to be km-posted. I personally prefer that.
Woah! The rules about motorway / S road signage regarding exits won't be changed anytime soon but there is time to fix all that when Poland's motorway / S road network is more complete What we have seen so far on the signs on A1 is encouraging

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by Chris80678; March 31st, 2016 at 07:37 PM.
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 10:02 PM   #15426
Maciek_CK
Great Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
The interchange is oficially named Zabornia, but I agree that Rabka-Zdrój would be a better name
I was aware of it this time, but it just felt appropriate so I followed the official announcement .

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Maciek_CK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 10:51 PM   #15427
WB2010

Likes (Received): 1789

Visualizations of the S7 stretch between Skomielna Biała and Rabka Zdrój that will be built by SALINI IMPREGILO S.p.A. including the 992-metres long viaduct (orange on the map below).

Bo jest różnica, czy "falandyzuje" prawo i zawłaszcza instytucje państwa gang, któremu chodzi tylko o ustawienie siebie i rodzin, obżeranie się ośmiorniczkami, a w perspektywie najbardziej upragnionej o przesiadkę na unijną synekurę - czy Sanacja, która ma swoją wizję Polski i chce uczynić z niej państwo silne, realizujące polskie interesy (tak, jak je Sanacja potrafi dostrzec i zrozumieć), a nie rozgrodzone pastwisko kolonizowane i łupione przez każdego, kto ma ochotę. Rafał Ziemkiewicz
WB2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 09:29 AM   #15428
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Seems the GDDKiA has not taken any conclusions from the Salini Impergilo contract in Romania(A1 Saliste-Cunta). I wish they read the Romanian thread...

ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:22 AM   #15429
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17448

They didn`t do something wrong in Poland. GDDKiA shouldn`t take any conclusions from the other countries.

SRC_100, Proterra liked this post
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 05:59 PM   #15430
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9722

S3: Gorzów Wlkp. (an upgrade into 4 lanes)

(S)3: Międzyrzecz (the southbound construction)

Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:16 AM   #15431
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
They didn`t do something wrong in Poland. GDDKiA shouldn`t take any conclusions from the other countries.
At what point does it go from "a handful of bad contracts" to "a trend of shoddy workmanship", though? Impreglio was involved in the Romanian motorway debacle and the Panama Canal's leaky locks. Not quite enough to reject their offers out of hand (the way that every EU member these days would reject any AnsaldoBreda offer due to their long history of shoddy workmanship) but enough to at least put in protections understanding that Impreglio, while being lower-cost, is starting to look like a somewhat riskier partner than they did in the past.

hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:41 AM   #15432
toonczyk
autostradożerca

We've had a good share of shoddy contractors on GDDKiA projects in the last 8 years, I think they were handled relatively well. There's always risk, companies go bust etc., there have even been some quite spectacular cases like COVEC on A2 ("fun" fact - last I checked, company's chairman was sentenced to death for corruption in China). But I do believe in vast majority of cases, delays are actually caused by factors beyond construction company's control - bad design, administrative problems, environmental or weather events etc. I don't think any company signs a contract with bad intentions, everybody wants to finish it in budget and on time. Same goes for Salini, plus they've already managed to prove their worth here on A1. So we'll see how they fare - I'm not pessimistic at all.

Luki_SL, geogregor, SRC_100, Rysse liked this post
toonczyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 10:32 PM   #15433
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciek_CK View Post
Does the "connector" have expressway-like standard, 2 carriageways with each 2 lanes?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:04 PM   #15434
Kemo

Yes, and it will connect to existing DK47 here and this short section to the south has expressway-like standard as well.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 10:11 AM   #15435
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Will the at-grade interchange be removed?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 11:43 AM   #15436
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
But I do believe in vast majority of cases, delays are actually caused by factors beyond construction company's control - bad design, administrative problems, environmental or weather events etc. I don't think any company signs a contract with bad intentions, everybody wants to finish it in budget and on time.
Some companies do. It's a common tactic in the building industry to go low with the price and then try and extract more money from the institution that commissioned the project. Good management will spot this and be able to deal with it, but poor management will lose considerable amounts of money in the process.

Alpine Bau were a rather famous example of this - it wasn't only in Poland where they were deliberately bidding low just to try and get cash into the company. There's a great article here about it - http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...n-black-hole-4

rakcancer, belerophon, baderman liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 04:49 PM   #15437
Maciek_CK
Great Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Will the at-grade interchange be removed?
I found a very informative PDF regarding the construcion, sadly without the attachments (can't find any specific maps), but it says that the viaduct over the railway in Chabówka is established as the end of the planned road so I'd say that intersection will be removed.

MichiH liked this post
Maciek_CK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 01:36 PM   #15438
Kemo

A design & build contract was signed with Intercor (Polish firm) for the bypass of Góra Kalwaria (DK50/DK79). The road will have motorway characteristics. Completion date - end of 2019.

Old April 4th, 2016, 01:45 PM   #15439
db84

Likes (Received): 2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
A design & build contract was signed with Intercor (Polish firm) for the bypass of Góra Kalwaria (DK50/DK79). The road will have motorway characteristics. Completion date - end of 2019.
Is this a part of a plan to create southern bypass of A2 over Warsaw? When the class of current road was reduced from A2 to S2 after protests of inhabitants, there was an idea of tracing A2 more to the south. Is this why Góra Kalwaria bypass is A-class?
Old April 4th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #15440
Kemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by db84 View Post
Is this a part of a plan to create southern bypass of A2 over Warsaw?
Currently the plan is to upgrade DK50, but not everywhere to motorway standard. Bypasses of Kołbiel and Łochów are planned until 2023.

Quote:
When the class of current road was reduced from A2 to S2 after protests of inhabitants, there was an idea of tracing A2 more to the south.
This is science-fiction at the moment, but if a decision will be made to build a large Warsaw bypass in motorway standard, the Góra Kalwaria bypass may become part of it.

Quote:
Is this why Góra Kalwaria bypass is A-class?
Technically it is GP-class

2x2 lanes
Lane width 3,50 m
Hard shoulder 2,00 m
Median width 4,00 m
Design speed 80 km/h (speed limit 100 km/h)

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road