daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #15681
metacatfry

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
But I was driving on the DK14 yesterday near Stryków - and even with the open tolls, there was a jam stretching back to the exit from the motorway. For that reason, in the long term, the only feasible solution is electronic tolling.
Speaking of the Stryków interchange between A2 and DK14, i have high hopes that the eternal jam here will be cleared up with the opening og the new A1 stretch. It seems to me that at present a simple roundabout has too low capacity to handle the demand.
a lot of traffic that now use this motorway access will instead choose other points along the new stretch. And of course long distance traffic will not have to drive through here either, so the traffic will come down quite a bit.
metacatfry no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #15682
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
There is no confirmation as far I know.
There is
http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/pl/a/8011/a...-lodz-poludnie
1st July.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #15683
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
I think A1 from Stryków to Tuszyn should remain toll free because like the A2 south of Poznań it acts as a city bypass road (for Łódź)
A2 from Emilia to Łódź Północ also acts as a city bypass and it's not toll free. So it's difficult to say how it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
What is the reason that Warsaw and Krakov won't be connected directly by a motorway?
"S" roads (expressways) are of almost such a standard as the "A" roads (motorways), there is no much difference.

A more weird issue is the Warsaw bypass, which is being built as an expressway, not a motorway. Even though its southern sections belongs to the national road "2" and it's somehow a part of the A2 motorway, it's only an expressway, marked as S2.

Supposedly because of people's protests. Why did they prefer an expressway rather then not much different motorway, I don't know. Maybe because all the expressways built until now has been toll free and motorways, even as city bypasses, happen to be not toll free, even though there is actually no law that would say that expressway must be toll free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
It would be very strange if the S8 section between the A1 and DK1 were not opened at the same time as the A1.
It's impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
It would make sense at least to introduce tolls on the Łódź-Gdańsk A1 section and to integrate it with the A2 tolls, as the infrastructure is already there and waiting. But I was driving on the DK14 yesterday near Stryków - and even with the open tolls, there was a jam stretching back to the exit from the motorway. For that reason, in the long term, the only feasible solution is electronic tolling.
The DK14 case has nothing to do with tolls. That traffic jams are due to the missing A1 section, the one which is gonna be opened within the next month. The roundabout through which the traffic from the highway has to pass was not designed for such a high traffic, because it was supposed to be just a local highway exit, not a part of the main north-south road in the country - the function of which it plays now (A1-A2-this roundabout-DK14-Łódź-DK1-A1).

If you go from Łódź and you want to enter the A2, and you meet a traffic jam, it's often useful to take this detour: https://goo.gl/maps/rGLvJFbtYdK2 - although I am probably telling it too late, since the traffic jam will no longer be present here in a short time. In the reverse direction it's much worse, you just have to use another exit from the highway.

It's especially bad on Friday afternoons (the traffic jam happens to reach even the city borders) - then it's usually much better to avoid the exit from Łódź via DK14 at all and use Łagiewnicka street and DK71 instead.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 10:30 PM   #15684
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Forgive me, I had forgotten that A2 from Emilia to Łódź Północ also acts as a city bypass for Łódź
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 05:25 PM   #15685
mikoair

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
A more weird issue is the Warsaw bypass, which is being built as an expressway, not a motorway. Even though its southern sections belongs to the national road "2" and it's somehow a part of the A2 motorway, it's only an expressway, marked as S2.
I guess that the reason is in distance between exits (expressways have this distance shorter, which makes bypass more available for local people in agglomeration) and maybe in curve radius ("S" roads can have tighter curves than motorways)
Old June 28th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #15686
Kemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80678 View Post
Forgive me, I had forgotten that A2 from Emilia to Łódź Północ also acts as a city bypass for Łódź
Actually it does not, what kind of traffic would use this section of A2 for bypassing Łódź?
It will start to be a bypass (for DK91) after A1 gets opened.
Old June 28th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #15687
Chris80678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Actually it does not, what kind of traffic would use this section of A2 for bypassing Łódź?
Pardon me for my mistake again. With only 3 days until the official confirmed opening this matter is pointless for discussion now anyway.
Let's just focus on celebrating what will be an important date for Polish highways

mcarling liked this post
Old June 28th, 2016, 09:31 PM   #15688
Kemo

Tomorrow two contracts will be signed for construction of S7 "Zakopianka" motorway:

S7: Lubień – Naprawa 7.6km (July 2016 to October 2018) – ? – map
S7: Naprawa - Skomielna Biala 3.0km (July 2016 to December 2020) – ? – map

The second section includes a tunnel, this is why it will take so much time to complete.
Old June 29th, 2016, 01:29 AM   #15689
MAG
Keep it simple

Around 40 km of A1 eastern bypass of Łódź is due to open soon, most likely end of this week. The paint is nearly dry, paperwork sign-offs are well advanced, champagne is chilling in the fridge. Here is a taster:

Copyright Motrs, michalzbrzezin, Witachu

Drogowskaz Classic

Chris80678, simondanut, SRC_100, yunit, Rombi and 12 others liked this post
MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 04:48 AM   #15690
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

A4. Sample of terribly overspent money for noise barriers along motorway.
Silver lining here is that someone got sober and didn't install another noise barriers along newly renovated rail tracks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxon79 View Post
Several trains on the newly modernized section of LK91 (E30) railroad between Brzesko and Tarnów.
Old June 29th, 2016, 04:13 PM   #15691
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I noticed this year that those green noise barriers are not as effective like in other countries even if they are quite tall.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 11:49 PM   #15692
Strzala

Likes (Received): 8884

S19 Western Lublin bypass:

Quote:

5. Nowoprojektowana DW 747:

http://s19zol.pl/index.php/aktualnos...-czerwiec-2016
Old June 30th, 2016, 02:06 AM   #15693
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
The DK72 road. Although it's meaning is purely local and the main west-east road in the country, before the A2 was buit, had been the current DK92 through Krośniewice and Kutno (Kutno with a bypass of this town; the bypass of Krośniewice was built just a few years ago).
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 07:46 AM   #15694
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

I have a question: is DW 358 from Trzciniec Dolny to Sieniawka(near Bogatynia) open?
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 01:33 PM   #15695
MAG
Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
I have a question: is DW 358 from Trzciniec Dolny to Sieniawka(near Bogatynia) open?
Yes, if you mean DW354. When travelling southbound, is is also quite a scenic route, just don't look behind you or to your left (you'll know why when you get there). I recommend visiting the PL-CZ-D border tri-point (styk granic) near Porajów.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber
I noticed this year that those green noise barriers are not as effective as in other countries ...
Is this your objective or subjective assessment?

Drogowskaz Classic

ukraroad liked this post
MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 02:37 PM   #15696
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
Yes, if you mean DW354. When travelling southbound, is is also quite a scenic route, just don't look behind you or to your left (you'll know why when you get there).
It is said it has very bad quality(OSM). Is it true, or it is already repaired?
I know why not to look left: Kopalnia Węglowa Turów
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 10:40 AM   #15697
Chris80678

A big day for Poland today
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:19 PM   #15698
icemii

Likes (Received): 1

New A1

Chris80678 liked this post
icemii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:38 PM   #15699
Chris80678

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemii View Post
New A1
YES
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:48 PM   #15700
DrOzda

Likes (Received): 318

Today test drive for journalists :
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ba&oe=57767212
DrOzda no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road