daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2016, 01:34 PM   #15701
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
Is this your objective or subjective assessment?.
I didn't take any measurements, but my hearing is very good. I've been behind many different types of noise barriers, but the standard green one from Poland is noticeably worse at sound suppression efficiency.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2016, 02:14 PM   #15702
MAG
Keep it simple

It is my honour and pleasure to announce to the SSC community that the 40 km stretch of the A1 around eastern suburbs of Łódź is open for business from today. If there is any one day in our country’s recent history that we have been looking forward to with head-over-heels anticipation, it is this very day. And on this bright and sunny afternoon, a warm greeting is not enough for there are few days in one’s lifetime that bring into sharp focus the efforts, sacrifice and determination of so many.

From the ports of Gdańsk to Vienna/Bratislava and beyond, from Warsaw to Dresden and beyond one can now drive in enhanced safety entirely on motorways and expressways. One of the great things about the European Union is that it allows great things to be achieved together that we would otherwise struggle to achieve individually. In sharp contrast to other recent events in Europe, for us today is all about being humble and grateful, being open and drawing strength from each other, working together for the greater good of all and exceeding the expectations of past generations from whom we inherited these great opportunities to grow and excel ourselves.

We are exceedingly proud and happy to be able to take advantage of these opportunities and make our contribution to road infrastructure at the very heart of Europe. All are welcome, whether you are just passing through on your way to elsewhere or staying for longer, come and visit this beautiful and now confident part of Poland. Come freely, drive responsibly, savour and delight in our world-class road quality, enjoy your stay and remember to leave behind a tad of the happiness you bring.

© miasto Łódź

Drogowskaz Classic

salto_angel, Luki_SL, SRC_100, JanVL, vanya7 and 18 others liked this post
MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 02:51 PM   #15703
Chris80678

Likes (Received): 168

Beautifully said MAG
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 03:50 PM   #15704
Maciek_CK
Great Scott!

Likes (Received): 1026

It's THE motorway we've all been waiting for:

source: GDDKiA
Old July 1st, 2016, 03:56 PM   #15705
vespafrederic

Likes (Received): 17

Greetings from Hungary!

Is there any plan to connect Lodz with Katowice by motorway?

Quote:
It is my honour and pleasure to announce to the SSC community that the 40 km stretch of the A1 around eastern suburbs of Łódź is open for business from today. If there is any one day in our country’s recent history that we have been looking forward to with head-over-heels anticipation, it is this very day. And on this bright and sunny afternoon, a warm greeting is not enough for there are few days in one’s lifetime that bring into sharp focus the efforts, sacrifice and determination of so many.

From the ports of Gdańsk to Vienna/Bratislava and beyond, from Warsaw to Dresden and beyond one can now drive in enhanced safety entirely on motorways and expressways. One of the great things about the European Union is that it allows great things to be achieved together that we would otherwise struggle to achieve individually. In sharp contrast to other recent events in Europe, for us today is all about being humble and grateful, being open and drawing strength from each other, working together for the greater good of all and exceeding the expectations of past generations from whom we inherited these great opportunities to grow and excel ourselves.

We are exceedingly proud and happy to be able to take advantage of these opportunities and make our contribution to road infrastructure at the very heart of Europe. All are welcome, whether you are just passing through on your way to elsewhere or staying for longer, come and visit this beautiful and now confident part of Poland. Come freely, drive responsibly, savour and delight in our world-class road quality, enjoy your stay and remember to leave behind a tad of the happiness you bring.

Chris80678 liked this post

Last edited by vespafrederic; July 1st, 2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 03:58 PM   #15706
Chris80678

[QUOTE=Maciek_CK;133824309]It's THE motorway we've all been waiting for:

Along with A4 Rzeszów to Jaroslaw (opening in a few weeks time )
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:06 PM   #15707
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17445

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Greetings from Hungary!

The A1 motorway is already build at Częstochowa North-Pyrzowice section, it`s 57km long motorway (2+2). The section Piotrkow Trybunalski - Częstochowa North ( 2+2 road now) is planned to be constructed in PPP as 3+3 motorway.
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:08 PM   #15708
salto_angel
Visionmonger

Likes (Received): 9374

Quote:
Greetings from Hungary!

Part from Katowice (Pyrzowice) to Częstochowa is in construction now: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1815132

TUMW
salto_angel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:20 PM   #15709
vespafrederic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
The A1 motorway is already build at Częstochowa North-Pyrzowice section, it`s 57km long motorway (2+2). The section Piotrkow Trybunalski - Częstochowa North ( 2+2 road now) is planned to be constructed in PPP as 3+3 motorway.
I was checking Google Maps, and there the road is marked "1" not "A1", that is why I don't realize the presence of a motorway.
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:22 PM   #15710
vespafrederic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salto_angel View Post
Part from Katowice (Pyrzowice) to Częstochowa is in construction now: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1815132
Thanky you! A1 will be a really impressive motorway.
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:37 PM   #15711
MAG
Keep it simple

Quote:
We are already working hard on this, my friend.

The central north-south route is already fully dualled, either to motorway standard or expressway standard. The missing part near Łódź was opened today, hence our delight.

The new part of the A1 also provides a vital east-west motorway link, therefore most of us have had to upgrade our delight to outright ecstasy.

Drogowskaz Classic

MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:24 PM   #15712
vespafrederic

Quote:
We are already working hard on this, my friend.

The central north-south route is already fully dualled, either to motorway standard or expressway standard. The missing part near Łódź was opened today, hence our delight.

The new part of the A1 also provides a vital east-west motorway link, therefore most of us have had to upgrade our delight to outright ecstasy.

Thank you for your answer. I was checking only Google maps. So I didn't realize the dual carriageway.
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:37 PM   #15713
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

From Katowice (Pyrzowice) to Piotrkow Trybunalski the DK1 is dual carriageway, but it is far from motorway or expressway standards. We'll have to wait about five or so years for the A1 to be completed to motorway standards along this stretch.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:40 PM   #15714
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

You just have to magnify it so you could see it.
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:43 PM   #15715
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

[QUOTE=Chris80678;133824489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciek_CK View Post
It's THE motorway we've all been waiting for:

Along with A4 Rzeszów to Jaroslaw (opening in a few weeks time )
I thought it was due to open in 2017, is it really going to open that soon(!)?

kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:51 PM   #15716
kostas97

Quote:
I was checking Google Maps, and there the road is marked "1" not "A1", that is why I don't realize the presence of a motorway.
I think that is because it is a motorway-profile state road (correct me if i'm wrong)
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:51 PM   #15717
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

I'm sorry I'm off the feast-topic, could anybody give me some plans of S6 from Wicimice to Nowogard bypass(east) and from there to Goleniów Północ? OSM did not put it as u/c yet. Thank you
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:12 PM   #15718
kostas97

According to Wikipedia, the Katowice North-Czestochowa segment of the A1 is under construction, is that true?
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:34 PM   #15719
Chris80678

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
According to Wikipedia, the Katowice North-Czestochowa segment of the A1 is under construction, is that true?
Yes

I edited the Wikipedia page for A1 motorway (Poland) myself today following today's opening

Urbanista1 liked this post
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:34 PM   #15720
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
The construction contracts were signed a few months ago. I imagine they have begun the earthworks.

mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road