daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 1st, 2016, 01:34 PM   #15701
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
Is this your objective or subjective assessment?.
I didn't take any measurements, but my hearing is very good. I've been behind many different types of noise barriers, but the standard green one from Poland is noticeably worse at sound suppression efficiency.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2016, 02:14 PM   #15702
MAG
Keep it simple
 
MAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 989

It is my honour and pleasure to announce to the SSC community that the 40 km stretch of the A1 around eastern suburbs of Łódź is open for business from today. If there is any one day in our country’s recent history that we have been looking forward to with head-over-heels anticipation, it is this very day. And on this bright and sunny afternoon, a warm greeting is not enough for there are few days in one’s lifetime that bring into sharp focus the efforts, sacrifice and determination of so many.

From the ports of Gdańsk to Vienna/Bratislava and beyond, from Warsaw to Dresden and beyond one can now drive in enhanced safety entirely on motorways and expressways. One of the great things about the European Union is that it allows great things to be achieved together that we would otherwise struggle to achieve individually. In sharp contrast to other recent events in Europe, for us today is all about being humble and grateful, being open and drawing strength from each other, working together for the greater good of all and exceeding the expectations of past generations from whom we inherited these great opportunities to grow and excel ourselves.

We are exceedingly proud and happy to be able to take advantage of these opportunities and make our contribution to road infrastructure at the very heart of Europe. All are welcome, whether you are just passing through on your way to elsewhere or staying for longer, come and visit this beautiful and now confident part of Poland. Come freely, drive responsibly, savour and delight in our world-class road quality, enjoy your stay and remember to leave behind a tad of the happiness you bring.





© miasto Łódź



.
__________________
MAG

Drogowskaz Classic


.

salto_angel, Luki_SL, SRC_100, JanVL, vanya7 and 18 others liked this post
MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 02:51 PM   #15703
Chris80678
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 803
Likes (Received): 168

Beautifully said MAG
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 03:50 PM   #15704
Maciek_CK
Great Scott!
 
Maciek_CK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kielce
Posts: 937
Likes (Received): 1026

It's THE motorway we've all been waiting for:










source: GDDKiA
__________________
Keep calm and generate 1.21 jigowatts of electricity.
Maciek_CK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 03:56 PM   #15705
vespafrederic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Budapest
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 17

Greetings from Hungary!

Is there any plan to connect Lodz with Katowice by motorway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
It is my honour and pleasure to announce to the SSC community that the 40 km stretch of the A1 around eastern suburbs of Łódź is open for business from today. If there is any one day in our country’s recent history that we have been looking forward to with head-over-heels anticipation, it is this very day. And on this bright and sunny afternoon, a warm greeting is not enough for there are few days in one’s lifetime that bring into sharp focus the efforts, sacrifice and determination of so many.

From the ports of Gdańsk to Vienna/Bratislava and beyond, from Warsaw to Dresden and beyond one can now drive in enhanced safety entirely on motorways and expressways. One of the great things about the European Union is that it allows great things to be achieved together that we would otherwise struggle to achieve individually. In sharp contrast to other recent events in Europe, for us today is all about being humble and grateful, being open and drawing strength from each other, working together for the greater good of all and exceeding the expectations of past generations from whom we inherited these great opportunities to grow and excel ourselves.

We are exceedingly proud and happy to be able to take advantage of these opportunities and make our contribution to road infrastructure at the very heart of Europe. All are welcome, whether you are just passing through on your way to elsewhere or staying for longer, come and visit this beautiful and now confident part of Poland. Come freely, drive responsibly, savour and delight in our world-class road quality, enjoy your stay and remember to leave behind a tad of the happiness you bring.


__________________

Chris80678 liked this post

Last edited by vespafrederic; July 1st, 2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 03:58 PM   #15706
Chris80678
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 803
Likes (Received): 168

[QUOTE=Maciek_CK;133824309]It's THE motorway we've all been waiting for:

Along with A4 Rzeszów to Jaroslaw (opening in a few weeks time )
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:06 PM   #15707
Luki_SL
Moderator
 
Luki_SL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Upper Silesia
Posts: 53,749
Likes (Received): 17445

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Greetings from Hungary!

Is there any plan to connect Lodz with Katowice by motorway?
The A1 motorway is already build at Częstochowa North-Pyrzowice section, it`s 57km long motorway (2+2). The section Piotrkow Trybunalski - Częstochowa North ( 2+2 road now) is planned to be constructed in PPP as 3+3 motorway.
__________________
"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"
Luki_SL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:08 PM   #15708
salto_angel
Visionmonger
 
salto_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bytůń
Posts: 19,525
Likes (Received): 9374

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Greetings from Hungary!

Is there any plan to connect Lodz with Katowice by motorway?
Part from Katowice (Pyrzowice) to Częstochowa is in construction now: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1815132
__________________
Prezydent: Dziękuję wszystkim tym, którzy wywieszali moje banery na swoich płotach. #stolatplanowania

TUMW
salto_angel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:20 PM   #15709
vespafrederic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Budapest
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
The A1 motorway is already build at Częstochowa North-Pyrzowice section, it`s 57km long motorway (2+2). The section Piotrkow Trybunalski - Częstochowa North ( 2+2 road now) is planned to be constructed in PPP as 3+3 motorway.
I was checking Google Maps, and there the road is marked "1" not "A1", that is why I don't realize the presence of a motorway.
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:22 PM   #15710
vespafrederic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Budapest
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by salto_angel View Post
Part from Katowice (Pyrzowice) to Częstochowa is in construction now: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1815132
Thanky you! A1 will be a really impressive motorway.
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 04:37 PM   #15711
MAG
Keep it simple
 
MAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Is there any plan to connect Lodz with Katowice by motorway?
We are already working hard on this, my friend.

The central north-south route is already fully dualled, either to motorway standard or expressway standard. The missing part near Łódź was opened today, hence our delight.

The new part of the A1 also provides a vital east-west motorway link, therefore most of us have had to upgrade our delight to outright ecstasy.




.
__________________
MAG

Drogowskaz Classic


.
MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:24 PM   #15712
vespafrederic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Budapest
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
We are already working hard on this, my friend.

The central north-south route is already fully dualled, either to motorway standard or expressway standard. The missing part near Łódź was opened today, hence our delight.

The new part of the A1 also provides a vital east-west motorway link, therefore most of us have had to upgrade our delight to outright ecstasy.




.
Thank you for your answer. I was checking only Google maps. So I didn't realize the dual carriageway.
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:37 PM   #15713
mcarling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,605
Likes (Received): 491

From Katowice (Pyrzowice) to Piotrkow Trybunalski the DK1 is dual carriageway, but it is far from motorway or expressway standards. We'll have to wait about five or so years for the A1 to be completed to motorway standards along this stretch.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:40 PM   #15714
ukraroad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 482
Likes (Received): 104

You just have to magnify it so you could see it.
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:43 PM   #15715
kostas97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Athens
Posts: 502
Likes (Received): 102

[QUOTE=Chris80678;133824489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciek_CK View Post
It's THE motorway we've all been waiting for:

Along with A4 Rzeszów to Jaroslaw (opening in a few weeks time )
I thought it was due to open in 2017, is it really going to open that soon(!)?
__________________

Chris80678 liked this post
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:51 PM   #15716
kostas97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Athens
Posts: 502
Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
I was checking Google Maps, and there the road is marked "1" not "A1", that is why I don't realize the presence of a motorway.
I think that is because it is a motorway-profile state road (correct me if i'm wrong)
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:51 PM   #15717
ukraroad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 482
Likes (Received): 104

I'm sorry I'm off the feast-topic, could anybody give me some plans of S6 from Wicimice to Nowogard bypass(east) and from there to Goleniów Północ? OSM did not put it as u/c yet. Thank you
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:12 PM   #15718
kostas97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Athens
Posts: 502
Likes (Received): 102

According to Wikipedia, the Katowice North-Czestochowa segment of the A1 is under construction, is that true?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:34 PM   #15719
Chris80678
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: York
Posts: 803
Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
According to Wikipedia, the Katowice North-Czestochowa segment of the A1 is under construction, is that true?
Yes

I edited the Wikipedia page for A1 motorway (Poland) myself today following today's opening
__________________

Urbanista1 liked this post
Chris80678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:34 PM   #15720
mcarling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,605
Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
According to Wikipedia, the Katowice North-Czestochowa segment of the A1 is under construction, is that true?
The construction contracts were signed a few months ago. I imagine they have begun the earthworks.
__________________

Chris80678 liked this post
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium