daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:27 AM   #15821
geogregor

Likes (Received): 19160

It would be nice to take similar shot but in the morning when sun is in the est and looking west towards the historic part of Krakow
geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:15 AM   #15822
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooxx67 View Post
Looks great and fortunately has not to many sound walls, so we can see the landscape around
At the A1 Stryków-Tuszyn people are already complaining about noise from the road So some new sound walls will, probably, unfortunately appear also there. But let's hope they will put them really where they are needed, not like at A2 Stryków-Konotopa, where they placed them also in the places where totally noone lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
This is an English language forum.
If someone writes in English, or even in another language known for many users, in the Polish SSC section, we don't complain. And it looks like a kind of constant expression, an idiom, in Ukrainian, which couldn't really be translated. If someone could explain its meaning, it would be nice.

ukraroad liked this post
Kpc21 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:31 AM   #15823
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
one viaduct near Jarosław has only one carriageway opened. Full opening is scheduled for the end of August.
I think the section with one c/w opened only begins just west of Jaroslaw-West i/c? How long is the section and what's a proper name of the location where the 2nd c/wbegins, west of XXXX viaduct?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 03:54 PM   #15824
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

West of WA9 (viaduct):

picture taken by @jarfi

Some description:

As you can see this viaduct is located just NW of Jarosław West (Wierzbna) I/C, over railway no. 91

ukraroad, gr_kanev liked this post

Last edited by SRC_100; July 22nd, 2016 at 04:06 PM.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 05:03 PM   #15825
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18762

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I think the section with one c/w opened only begins just west of Jaroslaw-West i/c? How long is the section and what's a proper name of the location where the 2nd c/wbegins, west of XXXX viaduct?
That should help (click to enlarge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarfi View Post

2016-07-18

Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:47 PM   #15826
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

So we are waiting now for the Lublin Western bypass(S19) till November...
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:39 PM   #15827
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Now missing part of A4 is visible in google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/@50.0468...39,9.75z?hl=en
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:46 PM   #15828
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
If someone writes in English, or even in another language known for many users, in the Polish SSC section, we don't complain. And it looks like a kind of constant expression, an idiom, in Ukrainian, which couldn't really be translated. If someone could explain its meaning, it would be nice.
Yes, and I have been occasionally a beneficiary of that forbearance, but there are a few differences: a) English is the standard language of the planet and b) the user who wrote in Ukrainian in an English language forum about Polish roads is quite capable of expressing himself/herself in English. If people were to start posting in the Polish forums in Chinese or Hebrew or Swahili, there might not be so much forbearance as when people post in the standard international language.

I also don't understand the point of the Ukrainian phrase, which literally means "a big thing died in the forrest". If it's not generally understandable to the readers even after literal translation, then it is not communication.

LMB, ukraroad liked this post
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 11:51 AM   #15829
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I also don't understand the point of the Ukrainian phrase, which literally means "a big thing died in the forrest". If it's not generally understandable to the readers even after literal translation, then it is not communication.
That is a purely Ukrainian phrase which can't be translated literally, as it is is an idiom(you can't translate "give up" literally, either, as it is a phrasal verb), used to show a big surprise. The phrase is rather informal and is mostly used in Polesie(Polissya), or in the mountains. Trust me, as I speak Ukrainian perfectly well, I am myself Ukrainian, and I did mean the thing I wrote at the time.

About the usage of the foreign language(not English) in the forum, I did know that this thing shouldn't have happened, I must cite the phrase of @Kpc21:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
And it looks like a kind of constant expression, an idiom, in Ukrainian, which couldn't really be translated. If someone could explain its meaning, it would be nice.
Still I apologise for using an expression not widely understood in this forum.

Well, sorry, we are a bit offtopic, aren't we?

I saw in the news from GDDKiA that the 14.7 km of S16/S51 Olsztyn south-east bypass will cost 913 mln zł(208.5 mln euros) to construct, that is, 14.185 mln euros per km. Isn't it a bit expensive?

mcarling, Kanadzie liked this post
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 04:25 PM   #15830
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

S11 - Kępno bypass.
First signs of ground works on one of the shortest expressway stretch (divided into two separate contracts) and in different stages of planning and construction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazusik View Post
Nadzór: postęp prac

Zaawansowanie prac projektowych na dzień 19.07.2016 - 90%

SRC_100, loloo liked this post
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 05:56 PM   #15831
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18762

It's just tree cutting, not actual ground works.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 07:32 PM   #15832
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by db84 View Post
Speaking of payment on the expressways, I presume that when a country-wide electronic toll system is selected to be used on the motorways, it will quickly be extended to the expressways and that's when free expressways will end.
The question is - what government is going to want to pull the trigger on such a move?

For me, the most likely is that vignettes will be introduced with the current private motorways remaining outside of the vignette system. They'll be designated "special toll areas", possibly with the A2 from Świecko to Nowy Tomyśl being bought out from Autostrada Wielkopolska. There's already some precedent with such a thing in Austria, or the government will "convince" them to allow car users to use it with a valid vignette.

Trying to put tolls on the S61, S8 east of Warsaw, S12/17 and S3 in Lubuskie would attract huge opposition. Having said that, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if this government introduces special tolls for non-EU registered cars, identical to what Belarus did.

Anyway, drove to Warsaw from Wrocław yesterday and back, and some questions:

1) Why were there a ridiculous amount of police between Warsaw and Piotrków Trybunalski, as well as 5 police vans on the S8/A1 merge? I was leaving Warsaw after midnight, yet there was five different police cars waiting at the entrances to the S8.

2) Has the S8 on that section simply been constructed directly on top of the old DK8? The road is great fun, but the frequent 100 limits makes me think that it was a completely online upgrade.

3) They really need to build some sort of connector between the S8 sections south of Łódź - the current situation just doesn't make any sense, especially as the S8 is the signed route for Wrocław from Warsaw.

4) The complete lack of petrol stations between Łódź and Wrocław is ridiculous - over 200km without petrol?!

Last edited by Eulanthe; July 25th, 2016 at 12:38 AM. Reason: edited question 4 ;)
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 08:55 PM   #15833
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2072

S8 Warszawa - Piotrków Trybunalski was build on old DK8. There are petrol stations on section Warszawa- Łódź - both on A2 and S8.
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:10 PM   #15834
mikoair

Likes (Received): 73

I think he meant stretch between Wrocław and Łódź - on this section there isn't any MOP with gas station.
mikoair está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #15835
SRC_100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
1) Why were there a ridiculous amount of police between Warsaw and Piotrków Trybunalski, as well as 5 police vans on the S8/A1 merge? I was leaving Warsaw after midnight, yet there was five different police cars waiting at the entrances to the S8.
Because of yesterday football match b/n Legia Warszawa and Śląsk Wrocław, both team fans hate each other and police was securing travel to Wrocław for Śląsk fans in Mazowieckie Voivodship in order to prevent fighting between supporters of both teams.
Old July 25th, 2016, 12:46 AM   #15836
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
Because of yesterday football match b/n Legia Warszawa and Śląsk Wrocław, both team fans hate each other and police was securing travel to Wrocław for Śląsk fans in Mazowieckie Voivodship in order to prevent fighting between supporters of both teams.
There was a game? I was in Warsaw all day, and I'd have gone to see the Legia-Śląsk game if I'd known. Happy I didn't, though - 0-0?

It was actually quite annoying, because a lot of the junctions have 100 limits and so flying past at 140km/h wasn't an option

Another quick question - what was the old route of the DK8 from Piotrków? I live in Poznań, so this was the first time that I've ever driven Wrocław-Warsaw.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 01:09 AM   #15837
SRC_100

DK8 from Piotrków to Warsaw? The same path from Gierek era till cca. 2012y. S8 was constructed almost on the same place but as completely new road
Old July 25th, 2016, 03:36 AM   #15838
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post

4) The complete lack of petrol stations between Łódź and Wrocław is ridiculous - over 200km without petrol?!
even no petrol stations in small towns near the road accessible by interchanges?
Old July 25th, 2016, 08:13 AM   #15839
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2072

Small towns near S8 like Sieradz must have petrol stations
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #15840
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

There are at least 8 public charging stations for electric cars in Wroclaw and a few in Lodz, but I am not aware of any in between.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road