daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #15941
Exethalion
Remember Me

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
Who cares?!
Don't you have any other problems?
I didn't know this subforum was only for life-and-death serious issues.

audrius., Sasza, rakcancer, db84, mdhookey liked this post
Exethalion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2016, 11:33 AM   #15942
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

This thread is not meant to grumble because of irrelevant crap, right?
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 01:00 PM   #15943
Kemo

Likes (Received): 18753

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
Google Maps for some reason is back in showing only "A" roads in Poland as a "proper" and only motorways when zoomed out.... "S" - expressways even that they would be consider as motorways standard everywhere else in Europe look in Google Maps just like regular roads. In results Poland is a road desert in Europe according to them...
I don't think that any online map shows Polish S roads the same way as Polish A roads... and yes, I agree that it is nonsense.

(But if you take a closer look at S7 south of Kraków and S8 Wrocław - Oleśnica, they are displayed as "A" roads... I somehow managed to change that on GMaps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Unfortunately, the list contains 2x2 and 1x4 roads. Are the underlined roads 2x2?
No, it just indicates what was updated.
Kemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #15944
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Google Maps for some reason is back in showing only "A" roads in Poland as a "proper" and only motorways when zoomed out.... "S" - expressways even that they would be consider as motorways standard everywhere else in Europe look in Google Maps just like regular roads. In results Poland is a road desert in Europe according to them...
This dates to a few years back, and is actually due to a problem with the Polish mappers at OpenStreetMap. They insisted they want motorways with the "S" standard mapped as inferior roads. I tried to talk sense into them, but had to give up.

Now Google copies OSM without much editing, if any.
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 02:09 PM   #15945
Bod789

Likes (Received): 22

A roads and S roads are very close, both are 2x2 (usually), but S roads didn't have much infrastructure like A roads
Bod789 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 02:20 PM   #15946
Exethalion
Remember Me

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post

This thread is not meant to grumble because of irrelevant crap, right?
I think it's relevant. I don't know if there is a Google Maps thread anywhere, but the issue certainly concerns Polish Roads, and it really wouldn't pain you to expend the few millijoules required to scroll past his comment to the next one.
Exethalion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 03:36 PM   #15947
POLAMCO

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
Google maps shows motorways first in every European country. It's not an issue in Poland too. Their route planner works very well and includes A and S roads in the first places. Google doesn't have to and won't make any exceptions, because someone feels insecure about how his country looks on the maps.

SRC_100 liked this post
POLAMCO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 03:48 PM   #15948
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLAMCO View Post
Google doesn't have to and won't make any exceptions, because someone feels insecure about how his country looks on the maps.
That is nothing to do with feeling insecure... Google Maps showed before S and A on the same level, now they switching back... Would be good if they stick to one rules instead of switching back and forward. And yes, because it is called S it doesn't mean it is not to be showed as motorways because some whatever open street maps morons decided to do so. Just dig a bit and look at what ridiculously crappy roads are marked as motorways in some other countries. So where is consistency? If you treat each country separately that may be OK but if you have open whole map of Europe or other wider region in front of you then it is simply incorrect and makes people confused. BUT, of course it is only for those who cares. I do.
Old September 7th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #15949
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1601

S7 - Krakow bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigol View Post

SRC_100, 8166UY, baderman, EasySeven, Moravian liked this post
Nowax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #15950
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3920

Quote:
Sadly the same happens with Spanish autovías since the last update of the site. Although only autopistas are shown in Google Maps as proper motorways, both autopistas (the Spanish equivalent to Polish "A" roads) and autovías (the Spanish equivalent to Polish "S" expressways) have currently motorway standards (newly built autovías are even better than old autopistas). That's why Spain also looks like a road desert in Google Maps.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 05:28 PM   #15951
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Spain is a good example. I was about to point your country out. Thanks for comment!

arctic_carlos liked this post
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 05:53 PM   #15952
Bod789

Likes (Received): 22

Skrzyżowanie autostrad w Polsce
>>>

A1/A2 i A4/A1:

8166UY, loloo, baldojak1, Beck's liked this post
Bod789 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 06:17 PM   #15953
The Polman

Likes (Received): 787

Quote:
I have stopped seeing Google Maps as reference for a while now. They just colour the way they like to see it but without any practical thought in mind. It basically went from a website to explore every corner of the world to a app for questions like "where is the closest supermarket" only optimalised for androids. Speed went backwards a long time ago.

If you want to see a good map (no satellite views however), go to Openstreetmap.

ChrisZwolle, Rebasepoiss liked this post
The Polman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 07:01 PM   #15954
Strzala

Likes (Received): 8884

S19 Western Lublin bypass:

Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/Lublin.zdje...type=3&theater

Luki_SL, SRC_100, 8166UY, baderman liked this post
Strzala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #15955
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bod789 View Post
[SIZE=4]Skrzyżowanie autostrad w Polsce
>>>

A1/A2 i A4/A1:
The picture of A1/A4/44 interchange Gliwice Sośnica is very old. There is no A1 motorway the north of it.
Old September 7th, 2016, 10:58 PM   #15956
LMB
Once BMW, always Honda

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bod789 View Post
A roads and S roads are very close, both are 2x2 (usually), but S roads didn't have much infrastructure like A roads
The point is that S roads meet in 99% cases the common international criteria for motorways.

I can show you a number of sections in Germany that are worse, or even that aren't an Autobahn, but are marked as such. First example: A620 that doesn't meet any criteria: https://goo.gl/maps/FmB3ncxWBBC2

mcarling, Kpc21 liked this post
LMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 11:03 PM   #15957
Kemo

Construction of S8 near Zambrów. DK8 here is an old concrete road constructed by the Germans that was later covered by asphalt. Now it ceases to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol Bruk View Post

Old September 8th, 2016, 09:33 PM   #15958
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polman View Post
If you want to see a good map (no satellite views however), go to Openstreetmap.
You can easily switch from OSM to Google Satellite or Bing Satellite. Just use the best-in-class-map: http://wikimapia.org.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 05:30 PM   #15959
Kemo

Construction works are starting on the A1 Częstochowa bypass. There are traffic jams on DK1 at the site of Częstochowa-North intrechange because only 1x2 lanes are available

A1: Częstochowa-North – Częstochowa-Blachownia 20.3km (September 2016 to April 2019) – projectmap
Old September 10th, 2016, 08:00 PM   #15960
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
There are traffic jams on DK1 at the site of Częstochowa-North intrechange because only 1x2 lanes are available
That's a bad plan!! I hope that temporary arrangement will be for a very short time.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autostrady, expressways, highway, motorways, polish motorways, polish roads, polskie drogi, road