daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #1
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 3438

Manchester Society of Architects

The new website for the Manchester Society of Architects has been launched. The site allows each of the Council Members to edit content and keep visitors up-to-date with the society's activities, which this week includes a lecture by Robert Greenwood of Snohetta. The website was designed by FKDA.

http://www.the-msa.co.uk/
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 14th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #2
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 468

looks like they have got lots of images off designfood

>>>Like house music? Click here!<<<
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #3
b4mmy
★★★

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddigga18 View Post
looks like they have got lots of images off designfood

...same outfit. Ric is very industrious, he'll do a great job of it.
b4mmy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #4
ric

Likes (Received): 0

...thanks b4mmy!! we'll try!

regarding the images, we just used some of the images we already had to get the site up and running, but if anybody would like to contribute some other manchester architectural images for the new MSA site, please send them via the designfood or FKDA website.
Old February 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #5
kids

Likes (Received): 172

/\ You can use any of mine if you want ric.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...7594267171984/
Old February 17th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #6
ric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids in the riot View Post
/\ You can use any of mine if you want ric.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...7594267171984/
cheers! i'll use one of them in the next couple of weeks.

maybe you'd like to send us one of your best for the front cover of designfood too (690x470px), with a bit of text?

(how's your atlas by the way? i need to get a copy myself/for the office... i hated handed that copy over to you!! we're looking at having another competition on the forum soon, maybe to win an ipod shuffle, not very architectural, but very cool design!)
Old February 19th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #7
kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric View Post
cheers! i'll use one of them in the next couple of weeks.

maybe you'd like to send us one of your best for the front cover of designfood too (690x470px), with a bit of text?

(how's your atlas by the way? i need to get a copy myself/for the office... i hated handed that copy over to you!! we're looking at having another competition on the forum soon, maybe to win an ipod shuffle, not very architectural, but very cool design!)
Cool, i'll send you one.

The atlas is fantastic, can't thank you enough for it - It's one of those books that you flick open and everytime see something that you've never seen before. And it's proved helpful to me in some projects! I'll keep an eye out for this competition.
Old February 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #8
DanS10

Wasnt entirely sure where to post this, but this seems as good a place as any...

Im moving to manchester this summer for my Architecture year out. Does anyone know any good design-led practices that operate in the city. I know there are some great practices in Manchester, its just hard for an outsider like me to get my head round, and i thought you guys are in a good position to comment on this due to the amount of building work going on. Im not necessarily after massive practices, just ones who produce good design. Any help would be great!

Cheers, Dan
DanS10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #9
kids

Hi Dan, if i were you i'd be tempted to try MBLA >>

They've built some really fantastic buildings, it says on their site they're interested in students too. Have a look: http://www.mbla.net/x_index.html
Old February 19th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #10
DanS10

Cheers KITR. They have some great projects and I recognised a number of their schemes from the architectural press, i'll definately be sending a CV their way!
DanS10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #11
kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS10 View Post
Cheers KITR. They have some great projects and I recognised a number of their schemes from the architectural press, i'll definately be sending a CV their way!
Cool, hope you get it.
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #12
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 3438

AJ.

Quote:
Roger Stephenson Architects goes bust owing £500k
29 January 2013 | By David Rogers

Stephenson links up with Ian Simpson to set up new practice

Manchester practice Roger Stephenson Architects has gone bust owing more than £500,000 to unsecured creditors.

The firm was officially wound up earlier this month just 18 months after the company emerged from Stephenson Bell which collapsed into administration back in summer 2011.

Managing director Roger Stephenson (pictured) has now set up a new studio working out of Ian Simpon’s offices in Manchester with the shareholding of the new company, Stephenson: ISA Studio, split between Stephenson, Simpson and his founding partner Rachel Haugh.

According to a statement of affairs prepared by the liquidator, the company owed employees more than £48,000 plus a further £153,579 to the Redundancy Payments Service – which makes payments “when an employer cannot or will not pay its employees”.

The biggest single creditor is the tax man which is owed just under £226,000 while Stephenson himself has been left close to £78,000 out of pocket. Associate directors Keith Hamilton and Jyh Yuan Lee were also owed more than £40,000. Trade creditors were owed £48,000.

The company blamed the problems on clients not being able to get funding for projects which meant it was being asked to do jobs for free or at risk.

A handful of staff have followed Stephenson across to the new practice which has been set up as a subsidiary of Ian Simpson Architects.

Stephenson said: “We are excited about the new studio and expect the synergy between the two practices to offer an added professional dimension for our clients.”
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote