daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 16th, 2007, 05:15 AM   #1
IsaRic

Likes (Received): 2

MANILA | Lopez Centre | 320m | 1050ft | 65 fl | Pro

Was put on-hold. To be constructed in 2007 in Rockwell Center, Makati.

Standing 320 meters or 1050 feet tall. Tallest in the Philippines upon completion.
IsaRic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaRic View Post

Was put on-hold. To be constructed in 2007 in Rockwell Center, Makati.

Standing 320 meters or 1050 feet tall. Tallest in the Philippines upon completion.
office tower's occupancy rate in Makati?
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #3
great184
visionary

Likes (Received): 281

Occupancy rate in makati is quite high, there wl be a demand if moderate of new office space in makati. Thanks to that there is a BPO tower planned in makati, maybe this tower will be ressurected to a serious proposal for office space, if not residential/hotel or mixed use

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 09:04 AM   #4
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1286

It's fine. As long as we can find something to support this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaelnis View Post
Rockwell begins P10-B, five-yr. development plan
THE COMPANY CAN ALSO ACCESS P2.5-B FACILITY

By Honey Madrilejos-Reyes

Reporter

THE Lopez-controlled Rockwell Land Corp. will spend nearly P10 billion in a five-year development program that includes various property development projects and the construction of an office building for business process outsourcing (BPO) in the Ortigas commercial district.

For this year alone, company president Nestor Padilla said they will be allotting P2 billion to fund the continued development of its residential towers at Rockwell Center and the construction of a BPO building near Medical City in Ortigas.

“We have the money to fund these projects,” Padilla told BusinessMirror. “But should we need more, we can easily tap a P2.5-billion facility being offered to us by two financial institutions. Debts are still the cheapest way of raising funds,” he told BusinessMirror.

The plan is to build three BPO buildings and a residential enclave.

“We now have gotten approval for us to start redevelopment of portions of [the] Meralco property,” Padilla said. We’re looking at carving out 1.3 hectares just beside Medical City… that will house three… BPO buildings. And we’re also working [at an] initial residential enclave in that part. The planning is actually in the very, very advanced stage.”

He said Rockwell Land will start constructing the first BPO building this June and expects to complete it after a year.

“We are thinking of building a 10- to 15-story building that can accommodate more than 8,000 seats. If the demand is strong, we will immediately build the two other buildings,” Padilla said.

Building the three BPO towers will require total funding of P1.5 billion. The budget for the residential enclave, on the other hand, was not yet divulged, but the plan of the company is to put up a tower with 25 to 30 floors.

The company will also revisit the plan to develop the Lopez Tower, which it planned on doing before the Asian financial crisis erupted in 1997.

“That is a 60,000-square-meter gross leasable landmark tower that can house a 65-story building and I think the time is right for us to revisit it. It will complete Rockwell Center as a self-contained center, with residential, office, mall and school,” Padilla said.

The development of the Lopez Tower will cost between P3.5 billion and P4.5 billion. The plan is to develop the upper half either as a hotel or serviced apartments and the lower half as commercial office spaces.

“If we start the development of the Lopez Tower this year, it will take us four years to finish it,” Padilla said.

Formed in 1995, Rockwell Land is a real-estate development company initially tasked to develop prime residential and commercial land located adjacent to the Makati central business district.

Its flagship project, Rockwell Center, is a living environment that combines residential, office, educational, entertainment and shopping in a self-contained and exclusive community. Its development began in early 1996.

Rockwell Centre sits on a 15.5-hectare property which used to house a Meralco power plant.

Rockwell Land is 51-percent owned by Meralco, 24.5 percent by Benpres Holdings Corp. and 24.5 percent by First Philippine Holdings Corp.
Old February 16th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by great184 View Post
Occupancy rate in makati is quite high, there wl be a demand if moderate of new office space in makati. Thanks to that there is a BPO tower planned in makati, maybe this tower will be ressurected to a serious proposal for office space, if not residential/hotel or mixed use
I think the tower is better off as office instead of residential or hotel. There are too many high-rise condominiums sprouting around Metro Manila and not too much office towers.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #6
diz
Unregistered User

I'm sorry, I ignored the "to be constructed in 2007". Is that true? Exciting! Please continue.
Old February 17th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #7
SkyBridge
a.k.a. Sequentia

Likes (Received): 1844

What a beautiful tower!!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:33 AM   #8
diz
Unregistered User

Finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMAICUS View Post
Rockwell listing to fund Lopez Center

Lopez-owned Rockwell Land Corp. is building its icon structure — the 65-floor Lopez Center — in the 15.5-hectare Rockwell Center within the year and is planning to go public to raise funds for the construction.

The firm is spending up to P5 billion for the project, which will sit on a 65,000 square meter lot behind the Power Plant Mall, Assistant Vice-President for Business Development Ninalyn S. Cordero told BusinessWorld.

"The Lopez Center has been in the master plan for so long. It’s going to be the highest building in the country and the plan is to consolidate all Lopez offices in that building," she said.

The building will take three to four years to construct. It is expected to fully operate by 2011.

Lopez Center is targeting the upper market particularly international firms. "It’s all office for now. We are categorizing it as a premier office building and envisioning it to house the main headquarters of multinational companies," Ms. Cordero said.

Outside Rockwell Center, the Lopez-owned property developer is also planning to put up a 20-storey office building on a 60,000 to 75,000 sqm. property in Pasig, which will cater to business-process-outsourcing companies.

The company is setting aside P3 billion for the project.

The company is also targeting residential and retail components outside its flagship project.

Ms. Cordero said proceeds from the planned initial public offering (IPO) would also be used for these expansion projects. "We are talking to various financial advisers for the IPO. The clamor is to do it this year because of the strong market. If we can do it by end of 2007, then we will do so."

The firm is aiming to raise $100 million, from the shares sale, she added.

The company is spending P2 to P3 billion for capital expenditures this year to partly fund various projects.

Rockwell on Wednesday inaugurated a new information center. It also broke ground for residential condominium complex One Rockwell.

In May 2002, it started construction of a condominium project, The Manansala, which had 98% market take-up as of December 2005 at around which time the project was completed.

In January 2004, Rockwell launched the Joya, a new residential tower on the east side of Rockwell Center.

The project broke ground on Aug. 27, 2004, with 82% market take-up as of end-2005. Total estimated cost to complete the project amounted to P4.6 billion. Joya topped off its South Tower five months ahead of schedule last Wednesday. Rockwell expects to complete the Joya by 2008.

Rockwell the property development arm of the Lopez group, has posted around P10 billion in revenues from selling out its Joya residential towers and increasing sales of its One Rockwell development in its recently concluded roadshow to the United States. — Bernardette S. Sto. Domingo

http://www.bworldonline.com/BW032307/content.php?id=041
Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:20 AM   #9
SNT1

Likes (Received): 12

Oh. So it's official? WOW! Damn, MM needs a supertall!

So I got a supertall in my home country (this one), and a supertall in my home state (Signature Tower, TN).

What fun!

Quote:
Hi guys. I'm not sure, but this thread is for construction updates and the Lopez Centre isn't even under construction (YET).
Well, the 'supertall' forums have the mighty Al Burj, Chi-Spire, and Las Vegas Tower, all of which are still in proposal stage.... so Lopez being here isn't too bad.
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM   #10
diz
Unregistered User

That's old information. This tower is going to be under construction soon.

Anyway, supertall in Tennessee?
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:38 AM   #11
Sinjin P.
TheLibotero

Likes (Received): 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1 View Post
Well, the 'supertall' forums have the mighty Al Burj, Chi-Spire, and Las Vegas Tower, all of which are still in proposal stage.... so Lopez being here isn't too bad.
The post you quoted was made when threads for projects which are u/c and proposed were still separated. Now, regardless of their status, the projects are being categorized by their height

---------------
I hope the Lopez Group could raise funds for the construction asap, I want to see this baby built immediately!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:49 AM   #12
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

Likes (Received): 40

atlast!!! i hope the much taller "SKYCITY" will follow!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM   #13
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 21

oh shit, this is good news!!! i've been away for so long i have no idea there's already a solid news on this project! let's all buy rockwell stocks!!!
c0kelitr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:09 PM   #14
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranetacoliseum View Post
atlast!!! i hope the much taller "SKYCITY" will follow!
I actually hope that The Lopez Centre would be taller than Skycity. But that's great news for Manila :clap:

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM   #15
SNT1

Likes (Received): 12

Ah, my bad about the quoting then...

Rockwell is gonna rock.
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #16
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31745

Looks like the Freedom Tower. Only 10 times better.
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #17
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPaulo View Post
Looks like the Freedom Tower. Only 10 times better.
Agree, the sme design
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #18
six453

Likes (Received): 1

does anybody have a site masterplan of rockwell center?
and also info on plans and heights of all the developments within it?

i am planning to create a 3d model of rockwell center so all who have info on this, any help would be appreciated

you can PM me details if you have

thanks a lot!
six453 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #19
diz
Unregistered User

I think the Lopez Center design came out years before the FT design.
Old March 24th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #20
IsaRic

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
I think the Lopez Center design came out years before the FT design.
Yes the Lopez Center Design was brought out in the late 90's.