daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 21st, 2015, 04:45 PM   #3161
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,612
Likes (Received): 19400

Statens Vegvesen proposes to build a bridge across Sognefjord near the Fodnes - Mannheller Ferry.

I took a photo of this ferry last year.

Sognefjord ferry Fodnes by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

SRC_100, devo liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:18 PM   #3162
Stafangr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Likes (Received): 265

Main roads between Østlandet and Vestlandet

Statens vegvesen recommends Rv 52 over Hemsedal (green) and E134 over Haukelifjell (orange) as main roads between east and west in southern Norway.



Source: http://www.nrk.no/hordaland/varsler-...dda-1.12164726
__________________

Filand liked this post
Stafangr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:32 PM   #3163
Filand
<3ne W<3rld
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oslo/Porsgrunn
Posts: 76
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafangr View Post
Statens vegvesen recommends Rv 52 over Hemsedal (green) and E134 over Haukelifjell (orange) as main roads between east and west in southern Norway.

Source: http://www.nrk.no/hordaland/varsler-...dda-1.12164726


I also like this illustration, it makes it clear why two is needed, especially E134.
__________________

Bjørne liked this post
Filand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:39 PM   #3164
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,612
Likes (Received): 19400

A full motorway is not planned though. I browsed through the plans, and they all have an 80 km/h design standard.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 12:13 AM   #3165
Gsus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 006 View Post
Well, it's actually a new dimention class replacing H8 and H9. And they do increase the values for "lavbrekk", "klotoider" etc. a bit, also for a 800 m curve. But not as much as they should have done, if they want to keep the same safety margin, I guess.
You`re right! Did`nt check check the link at first, but it´s a complete new table. Som parameters has even been eased a bit. Not that I think anyone would notice while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A full motorway is not planned though. I browsed through the plans, and they all have an 80 km/h design standard.
With the arm too Bergen, and rerouting through Rauland, expected AADT is at more than 8000 for E134, with almost 25% of them heavy vehicles. This number is ca. twice of what is most common on E-roads in Norway. IMO they should really consider four lane roads on new sections. A two-lane road with passing lanes after the book will feel as a slow road, with occasional gas pedal to the bottom at the passing lanes.
Gsus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:58 AM   #3166
Nikolaj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
Plus, Volvo is not a lawbudget car in DK.
Correct that Volvo is not a cheap car (in Denmark), but neither is Audi, Mercedes and BMW's. Volvo is simply not very popular in Denmark compared to the German premium brands.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 06:56 PM   #3167
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vladicin Han
Posts: 4,240
Likes (Received): 4063

Bridges in Bergen:
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 12:36 AM   #3168
suburbicide
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 423
Likes (Received): 247

Havøysundvegen (fv 889 in Finmark county) recently won the road director's Beautiful roads award for 2014. The road was rebuilt to protect against avalanches by moving the road away from the mountainside into the sea, and building embankments along the mountainside.





__________________

pai nosso, Corvinus liked this post
suburbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 07:13 AM   #3169
devo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 221
Likes (Received): 41

Nice engineering, but nice road? Not sure.

Theres a systematic and underlying infrastructure to follow. But perhaps not in this flash...
devo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 10:51 PM   #3170
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,612
Likes (Received): 19400

The speed limits will go up to 110 km/h on the new stretches of E6. I assume they mean Minnesund - Hamar and perhaps some new stretches of E6 farther north.

http://www.nrk.no/ho/fra-100-til-110-pa-e6-1.12184174
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:41 AM   #3171
MattiG
Registered User
 
MattiG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Espoo FI
Posts: 1,805
Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Nice engineering, but nice road? Not sure.

Theres a systematic and underlying infrastructure to follow. But perhaps not in this flash...
Havøysundvegen is one of the gems in the northern Norway. In my opinion, much more interesting than the road to Nordkapp. And free of zillions of tourists and ridiculous parking fees.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:35 PM   #3172
Agent 006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oslo/Trondheim
Posts: 153
Likes (Received): 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The speed limits will go up to 110 km/h on the new stretches of E6. I assume they mean Minnesund - Hamar and perhaps some new stretches of E6 farther north.

http://www.nrk.no/ho/fra-100-til-110-pa-e6-1.12184174
E6 all the way from Berger to Kolomoen will get a 110 km/h speed limit in march/april. This stretch is +/- 85 km.
Agent 006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:45 PM   #3173
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,612
Likes (Received): 19400

Holy moley, a bridge of E18 collapsed!

location @ Google Maps

It is a fairly new bridge, it opened in 2001.



edit: it doesn't seem like a full collapse, but one of the piers has slipped.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; February 2nd, 2015 at 04:55 PM.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:51 PM   #3174
Gsus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Holy moley, a bridge of E18 collapsed!

location @ Google Maps

It is a fairly new bridge, it opened in 2001.



edit: it doesn't seem like a full collapse, but one of the piers has slipped.
Media say it`s a landslide that`s caused it. Looking at the last Picture it looks like theres been tipped (if it`s not part of the slide. Looks flat) masses right beside one of the piers. Might have made the ground unstable.

Edit: Looks like the slide has come from much higher up.

Last edited by Gsus; February 2nd, 2015 at 06:37 PM.
Gsus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:55 PM   #3175
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!
 
Þróndeimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 12,216
Likes (Received): 2268







__________________

Luki_SL liked this post
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:02 PM   #3176
devo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 221
Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þróndeimr View Post


(...)



(...)
Oh my. That landslide looks more serious from this angle. Hopefully they can stabilize the other bridge and use that while the collapsed one is being repaired. Otherwise the detour is pretty serious, but not as bad as with the earlier closure of Hanekleivtunnelen some kms further north, where traffic had to go through Holmestrand.

Last edited by devo; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added earlier detour information.
devo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:07 PM   #3177
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!
 
Þróndeimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 12,216
Likes (Received): 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Oh my. That landslide looks more serious from this angle. Hopefully they can stabilize the other bridge and use that while the collapsed one is beeing repaired.
Its not a landslide, the overflowing water is dark grey which is clay (quick clay-slide), which means the other bridge most likely will have to be closed as well. Looks like the area under both bridges is moving, and will be moving more the next few days before the process is hopefully over. They will have to do a proper job to make a new ground before they can start on new foundations.

The question is why didn't they stabilize that area properly when they built the bridge? The whole area along that small water-stream is marked as yellow on the slide-danger maps.
__________________

devo liked this post

Last edited by Þróndeimr; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:14 PM.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:32 PM   #3178
Gsus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þróndeimr View Post
Its not a landslide, the overflowing water is dark grey which is clay (quick clay-slide), which means the other bridge most likely will have to be closed as well. Looks like the area under both bridges is moving, and will be moving more the next few days before the process is hopefully over. They will have to do a proper job to make a new ground before they can start on new foundations.

The question is why didn't they stabilize that area properly when they built the bridge? The whole area along that small water-stream is marked as yellow on the slide-danger maps.
Bridges like that should ("i etterpåklokskapens navn") be built on piles anchored to the rockground.

Over to some more joyful, and exciting news:

The road- and railway administrations has delivered their proposal of motorway and a new railway between Sandvika and Hønefoss. The railway will shorthen the Bergen line with 50 minutes, if built. Hope is that construction may commence in 2019.

http://www.jernbaneverket.no/no/Nyhe...ingeriksbanen/
Gsus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:52 PM   #3179
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!
 
Þróndeimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 12,216
Likes (Received): 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsus View Post
Bridges like that should ("i etterpåklokskapens navn") be built on piles anchored to the rockground.
Well, this has happened before, so "etterpåklokskap" should not be used by the experts at least!

But yes, it should, but then the price would go up and nobody wants to pay that when they don't know if the bridge will collapse in 15 years or so! I guess the "vi satser på at det går bra" is the moral in the lowering of costs when building roads in Norway!
__________________

Filand liked this post
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:18 PM   #3180
Gsus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þróndeimr View Post
Well, this has happened before, so "etterpåklokskap" should not be used by the experts at least!

But yes, it should, but then the price would go up and nobody wants to pay that when they don't know if the bridge will collapse in 15 years or so! I guess the "vi satser på at det går bra" is the moral in the lowering of costs when building roads in Norway!
I´m not quite sure actually how much more expensive it might be, saying the rock-ground is 10-20 meters below the surface. The fountation-dimentions can be smaller, and will not have to be dug so deep. But sure, 20 piles under a fundament costs money!

Geotechnology and structural engineering is not my field tho. But I know that recent years experience with erotion under foundations on both bridges and and buildings has led to increased use of piles even on larger depths, espessially near streams and rivers.
Gsus no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
norway

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium