daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:52 PM   #3181
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

Apparently they have fairly deep foundations.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:42 PM   #3182
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!
 
Þróndeimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 12,216
Likes (Received): 2268

yes, they were mounted on the mountain below the clay. Sadly, they weren't built to withstand movements from the sides, only horizontally.

Last edited by Þróndeimr; February 3rd, 2015 at 08:47 PM.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:53 AM   #3183
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

Statens Vegvesen and NRK report the plans to widen E16 to four lanes from Vågsbotn (E16/E39 roundabout) and Arna have been cancelled due to lower traffic volumes than anticipated. They estimated the AADT at 17,000 and forecasted a growth to 20,000 vehicles per day, overwhelming the two-lane stretch of highway. However, traffic volumes were found to be at 13,500 vehicles per day, postponing the need to twin this stretch of E16.

http://www.nrk.no/hordaland/dropper-...gen-1.12188477

http://www.vegvesen.no/Europaveg/e16...-v%C3%A5gsbotn

Does this impact the planned 'Arna Tunnel' as well? This is an 8 km planned tunnel to reduce the driving distance to Bergen from the east.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:09 PM   #3184
Agent 006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oslo/Trondheim
Posts: 152
Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Statens Vegvesen and NRK report the plans to widen E16 to four lanes from Vågsbotn (E16/E39 roundabout) and Arna have been cancelled due to lower traffic volumes than anticipated. They estimated the AADT at 17,000 and forecasted a growth to 20,000 vehicles per day, overwhelming the two-lane stretch of highway. However, traffic volumes were found to be at 13,500 vehicles per day, postponing the need to twin this stretch of E16.

http://www.nrk.no/hordaland/dropper-...gen-1.12188477

http://www.vegvesen.no/Europaveg/e16...-v%C3%A5gsbotn

Does this impact the planned 'Arna Tunnel' as well? This is an 8 km planned tunnel to reduce the driving distance to Bergen from the east.
Eventually this stretch will probably become a 4-lane motorway, but not as soon as orginally planned (construction should have started already in 2017). Now the stretch will be considered a possible part of "Ringveg øst", which starts planning now (prestudy). "Ringveg øst" also includes the new "Arna Tunnel", so the planning of this tunnel will continue.

Last edited by Agent 006; February 5th, 2015 at 01:41 AM.
Agent 006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 04:58 PM   #3185
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

A 13 kilometer long and 300 meter deep undersea tunnel has been recommended to construct under the Alstenfjord near Sandnessjøen in Nordland. It would connect the islands of Herøy and Alstenøya with the Norwegian road network. The projected cost is 4 billion kroner / € 470 million.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 06:10 PM   #3186
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

E39 Romsdalsfjord

A very large and expensive project is the Romsdalsfjord Crossing near Molde.

The plan is to build a 15.5 kilometer long undersea tunnel, and a 1,950 m long suspension bridge (main span: 1,600 m - the longest in Norway). The whole project will feature 2x2 lanes and a 100 km/h design speed. The tunnel will be 361 meters below sea level. It will basically be a 22 kilometer new motorway.

The projected cost is 12.5 billion kroner / € 1.5 billion. It will be tolled for 15 years.

Construction is planned between 2018 and 2023.

project site: http://www.vegvesen.no/Europaveg/e39romsdalsfjorden
also: http://www.moreaksen.no/

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #3187
suburbicide
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 423
Likes (Received): 247

Some pictures from the construction of the new E6 Frya-Sjoa in Gudbrandsdalen:





















Source:http://www.gd.no/Se_bilder__Slik_er_...tart=0&serie=0
__________________

Suburbanist liked this post
suburbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 10:20 PM   #3188
Rob73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 560
Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A very large and expensive project is the Romsdalsfjord Crossing near Molde.

The plan is to build a 15.5 kilometer long undersea tunnel, and a 1,950 m long suspension bridge (main span: 1,600 m - the longest in Norway). The whole project will feature 2x2 lanes and a 100 km/h design speed. The tunnel will be 361 meters below sea level. It will basically be a 22 kilometer new motorway.

The projected cost is 12.5 billion kroner / € 1.5 billion. It will be tolled for 15 years.

Construction is planned between 2018 and 2023.

project site: http://www.vegvesen.no/Europaveg/e39romsdalsfjorden
also: http://www.moreaksen.no/

Already posted back in November. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=3062

There's a good video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V1g0QN2qKk

More here http://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/article10348475.ece


I'm looking forward to this, I live in Aukra and will be able to see the construction of the bridges to Midsund and Gossa.

Last edited by Rob73; February 11th, 2015 at 10:41 PM.
Rob73 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 10:23 PM   #3189
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,236
Likes (Received): 18298

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 07:38 PM   #3190
54°26′S 3°24′E
Registered User
 
54°26′S 3°24′E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 812
Likes (Received): 155

I like people with ambitions....



http://www.bedrevei.no/abv-veikart/
__________________
Norway needs a new transport infrastructure network, let's start now!
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 10:31 PM   #3191
Kjello0
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 394
Likes (Received): 70

See that they have changed the map slightly since their first one. Looks more like my map now. Most notably having a motorway up Østerdalen instead of across Dovre. However still some small differences.

I would have liked a more direct route between Oslo and Stavanger. And I would highlight Hallingdal - Hemsedal - Rv 5 as the main road between Oslo and Sogn og Fjordane by upgrading it to expressway all the way to Florø.
Kjello0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 01:07 PM   #3192
Ingenioren
Registered User
 
Ingenioren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oslo
Posts: 5,605
Likes (Received): 584

It feels strange to build the E16 to Fagernes a 2+1, but not the "Ring 5" around Oslo.

Meanwhile in the real world, a nice (altough tiny) photo of the new Fv48 in Tysse:

__________________
I want to see some construction!

Suburbanist, Victorinus liked this post
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 01:21 PM   #3193
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: the rain capital of Europe
Posts: 27,529
Likes (Received): 21236

Isn't there some demand to build 2+2 on E6 up to Mo'I Rana?
__________________
YIMBY - Yes, in my backyard!
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 01:25 PM   #3194
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,455
Likes (Received): 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54°26′S 3°24′E View Post
Very impressive, a rich country like Norway needs a network like this. Currently there's no even a continuous 1+1 road along the coast between Stavanger-Bergen-Alesund-Trondheim.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #3195
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Isn't there some demand to build 2+2 on E6 up to Mo'I Rana?
The traffic volume is mostly in the 1,000 - 2,000 vehicles per day range north of Steinkjer. I think traffic will benefit more from frequent safe passing options than a full-standard motorway that will drain the funds from other projects.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #3196
MattiG
Registered User
 
MattiG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Espoo FI
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Very impressive, a rich country like Norway needs a network like this. Currently there's no even a continuous 1+1 road along the coast between Stavanger-Bergen-Alesund-Trondheim.
Drawing maps is easier than about anything, especially when the others are expected to pay the cost.

Here is my contribution to the Norwegian road network planning. The red lines are 3+3 motorways. The blue line is the direct tunnel road from Oslo to Kirkenes. No reason to not extend it to London.

__________________

riiga, JuaanAcosta, Gsus, Turf, OnTheNorthRoad and 1 others liked this post
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 04:18 PM   #3197
Shifty2k5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 535
Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Very impressive, a rich country like Norway needs a network like this. Currently there's no even a continuous 1+1 road along the coast between Stavanger-Bergen-Alesund-Trondheim.
That's not how rich countries work I'm afraid. Try north Korea for that.
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 07:24 PM   #3198
54°26′S 3°24′E
Registered User
 
54°26′S 3°24′E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 812
Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjello0 View Post
See that they have changed the map slightly since their first one. Looks more like my map now. Most notably having a motorway up Østerdalen instead of across Dovre. However still some small differences.

I would have liked a more direct route between Oslo and Stavanger. And I would highlight Hallingdal - Hemsedal - Rv 5 as the main road between Oslo and Sogn og Fjordane by upgrading it to expressway all the way to Florø.
I forgot that the a previous map from this organization was posted some years ago by Muster, but I agree that the new one is more in line with what we have discussed before here, with both the coastal road (E39) and Østerdalen alignment being good improvements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
It feels strange to build the E16 to Fagernes a 2+1, but not the "Ring 5" around Oslo.
If ring 4 is built I do not see much need for the ring 5, it will be a detour for everybody except relatively small towns along that road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
Drawing maps is easier than about anything, especially when the others are expected to pay the cost.

Here is my contribution to the Norwegian road network planning. The red lines are 3+3 motorways. The blue line is the direct tunnel road from Oslo to Kirkenes. No reason to not extend it to London.
Having a lot of spare time, do we Seriously, the proposal from ABV is very much closer to what is currently in the public plans than your sketch. What is lacking, is a long term strategy for the whole national road network that is actually capable of addressing the transportation need between the regions of a country with strongly increasing population. In some places, like along E39, local politics triumphs national needs. Many of the other roads on the map are planned to be rebuilt anyway, but not with a standard built for the future in terms of safety and traveling speed. The Norwegian government however has said they will deliver a national motorway plan. Most likely it will not look like ABV's network, but it will nevertheless be interesting to see what comes out of it.

For me this is also an environmental issue. 7 hours drive or more between Oslo and the other major Norwegian cities means that airplanes almost always is the preferred choice for passenger traffic.

And .... "others" will not pay the costs. Norway is not Greece. There is also a difference between investments and consumption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty2k5 View Post
That's not how rich countries work I'm afraid. Try north Korea for that.
I do not really understand the reference to North Korea. Norway is rich today due to industries like oil that is not very dependent on road quality, but that will not last forever. Having said that, 1+1 along the whole E39 is (hopefully) not what will be built first. However, bits and pieces, like Møreaksen and Boknafjorden, are already today in quite advanced planning stages.
__________________
Norway needs a new transport infrastructure network, let's start now!

Last edited by 54°26′S 3°24′E; February 17th, 2015 at 07:49 PM.
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 07:39 PM   #3199
54°26′S 3°24′E
Registered User
 
54°26′S 3°24′E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 812
Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjello0 View Post
See that they have changed the map slightly since their first one. Looks more like my map now. Most notably having a motorway up Østerdalen instead of across Dovre. However still some small differences.

I would have liked a more direct route between Oslo and Stavanger. And I would highlight Hallingdal - Hemsedal - Rv 5 as the main road between Oslo and Sogn og Fjordane by upgrading it to expressway all the way to Florø.
And where is your map these days, BTW? (Mine seems to have gone down the loo with changes of the imageshack site, and I don't find anty time to redraw it...)
__________________
Norway needs a new transport infrastructure network, let's start now!
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #3200
pedrofil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mannheim/Bergen
Posts: 122
Likes (Received): 205

I think some people are way too ambitious. Don't forget Norway only has a little over 5 million inhabitants, has very long distances between its bigger cities, and a very challenging topography. Traffic levels are very low on most of these national roads.

I agree better road networks around and close to the bigger cities, should be a minimum demand though. And then straighter regional/national roads, 1+1 (With "midtrabatt" and plenty of good passing opportunities, ala Frya-Sjoa) should be well sufficent.
__________________

Registered_User, Hansadyret liked this post
pedrofil no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
norway

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium