daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2016, 08:21 PM   #3661
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

Julsund Bridge + Romsdalsfjord Tunnel

The plans for Møreaksen have been released. This E39 project consists of a very large suspension bridge and a very long twin-tube motorway tunnel.

The Julsund Bridge is a very large suspension bridge, with a main span of 1625 meters (increased from 1600 m in earlier plans) making it 1 meter longer than the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark.

The Romsdalsfjord Tunnel, also known as the Tautra Tunnel in planning stages is a 15.500 meter long twin-tube tunnel. The tunnel profile is T10.5, increased from T9.5 in earlier plans.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Agent 006, Bjørne, gr_kanev, Stafangr, devo and 3 others liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2016, 03:44 PM   #3662
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Bjarkøy Connection

The deepest point of the Bjarkøy Connection has been reached on 26 May. The 3250 meter long tunnel is located 129 meters below sea level. It will open to traffic in late 2017. It is located north of Harstad in northern Norway.

Old June 1st, 2016, 04:48 PM   #3663
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Two modernized / new segments of E39 in Gaular municipality open to traffic on 27 June. It bypasses the village of Sande and improves safety and traffic speed from Sognefjord to Førde.

Old June 5th, 2016, 11:17 AM   #3664
berlinwroclaw
Kamienna

Likes (Received): 46

Some years ago was in Norway, but Bergen was to far for me. There is no offical policy to build a motorway between Oslo and Bergen the two biggest cities in Norway. The only possible option is a motorway Oslo-Odda-Jondal-Bergen, because the population density is much higher than other options. Traveling will be reduced from 5 hours to 3,5 hours. The Public Roads Administration advised the government this option, however the Minister of Transport is playing a tricky game by continuous support for road Rv7 with more problems in winter and longer distance.
It will be a scandal when the Conservative Party wants Rv7 the main road between Bergen and Oslo. This will have a benefit to the community at - 12 billion. Improved E134 Bergen-Oslo will have a benefit to the community at + 26 billion. It is also the shortest and most secure connection. Therefore also the most environment friendly option. When the Rv7 will be approved as main road between Bergen and Olso, it will be a worldwide case study of failing politics. A government not listing to the voice of the people and not sensitive for the concern of the country. In May a number of city representatives had to go to the parliament to beg for a motorway Bergen-Oslo via Jondal. Mid 2017 will be the final decision.

Last edited by berlinwroclaw; June 5th, 2016 at 11:44 AM.
berlinwroclaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 11:24 AM   #3665
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I don't think you can drive Oslo - Bergen with a 110 km/h average unless all the tunnels will have 110 km/h speed limits as well.
Old June 5th, 2016, 02:19 PM   #3666
berlinwroclaw
Kamienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't think you can drive Oslo - Bergen with a 110 km/h average unless all the tunnels will have 110 km/h speed limits as well.
Speed lower speed limit in tunnels is accepted, considering the mountain area. I feel admiration for motorways such as in Italy A10 Genoa - Ventimiglia, where decision makers had the courage to build a motorway in a rocky area, and I don't feel irritation when I have to reduce speed in tunnels. However it is irritating that in rich oil county Norway there is no common sense to build a highway like E6 Oslo-Lillehammer from Oslo to Bergen.
Old June 5th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #3667
berlinwroclaw
Kamienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansadyret View Post
You are right E16 is the safer in the winter and thats why it's the "E" road. As a tourist or in the summer months i would rather drive Rv. 7 Hardangervidda
Why aren't you driving E134? The most popular road between Bergen and Oslo. New already approved improvements will make it also the shortest and most reliable road all seasons.

Many improvements of Bergen-Oslo via Jondal and E134 are just realised or under way:
Quote:
The Folgefonna Tunnel near Odda becomes toll free, starting 15 June. It is the third longest road tunnel in Norway at 11.1 kilometers. It opened to traffic in 2001, so the toll collection lasted for 15 years.
Ministry of Transport agreed that there will come a new set of tunnels to pass Haukeli. Bypass Kongsberg is under construction.

There are also improvements under way on E134 at Drammen to reduce the time between Bergen and Oslo.

Last edited by berlinwroclaw; June 5th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
berlinwroclaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #3668
MattiG

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlinwroclaw View Post
[IMG]...

It will be a scandal when the Conservative Party wants Rv7 the main road between Bergen and Oslo

Well. There still are three main alternatives on the table with a number of options. Everyone has their pros ans cons. I would avoid such a strong language as "scandal" if the favorite one does not win.
MattiG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 03:47 PM   #3669
berlinwroclaw
Kamienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
Well. There still are three main alternatives on the table with a number of options. Everyone has their pros ans cons. I would avoid such a strong language as "scandal" if the favorite one does not win.
Yes, you made a very good point. Suppose there are no motorways in Germany and we want to realize a motorway between Berlin and Dortmund. We have 3 options to select:

1. Berlin-Soltau-Dortmund 635 km
2. Berlin-Walsrode-Dortmund 592 km
3. Berlin-Hannover-Dortmund 494 km

Economical impact analysis shows that option 3 has the highest economical benefit for the country and also goes to more areas with a dense population.

What will be your choice?

Now we have a similar case:

We have 3 options to select:

1. Oslo-Borgund-Bergen 515 km (Rv52)
2. Oslo-Geilo-Bergen 476 km (Rv7)
3. Oslo-Odda-Bergen 380 km (E134)

Economical impact analysis shows that option 3 has the highest economical benefit for the country and also goes to more areas with a dense population.

What will be your choice?
Old June 5th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #3670
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E18 Asker - Oslo

An agreement has been reached about the expansion of E18 west of Oslo. The Greens and the Olso city council accept the widening of E18 to six lanes, while other parties accept a strong increase of the congestion charge to 58 NOK (diesel) and 53 NOK (petrol), while also introducing a 10 NOK charge for electric cars.

I don't quite understand the role of the city of Oslo in this issue. Apparently they can block the expansion of 2 km E18 between Strand and Lysaker, but the entire project is located outside of Oslo.

https://www.nrk.no/ostlandssendingen...e-3-1.12981322

I'm not sure what the final plans are exactly in terms of alternatives chosen, but Asker and Bærum municipality websites indicate a six-lane motorway with separate bus lanes and all of that mostly in tunnels. The project cost is 36 billion NOK / € 3.9 billion.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Mathias Olsen liked this post
Old June 5th, 2016, 09:48 PM   #3671
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2636

I had to go to the link and read if the maximum per 24h would be 58 NOK, but no it's the actual 1 time passing charge.

I have been kinda ashamed to be living next door but never been to Norway, some ppl drive from Spain to get there, slightly offended and utterly chocked of the steep charges, I am now convinced I will never gaze upon the vistas of Norway.
Mirror's Edge está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 09:52 PM   #3672
devo

Likes (Received): 41

The E 18 project is part of the "Oslopakke 3", which (among other things) consists of E 18, a new metro tunnel beneath central Oslo and a new metro line to Fornebu (where the B is).

Oslo and Akershus county are both negotiating this package since large parts of urban Oslo is located in Akershus. This is why Oslo has a say in the plans. However, they are in a minority, as there are two municipalities (Asker & Bærum) plus Akershus who wants the whole project as it is. If Oslo was in majority it could technically drop the entire road, even if it was outside the county (Oslo is a county btw., not a municipality)

So, since Oslo is waving their new-found green arms in an angry fashion, simultaneously throwing scare-stories about twelve-lane motorways and death to all bicyclists, they get to decide just how it should be outside their sand-box. Even though most of the project is all about getting E 18 under ground, building express bicycle lanes, bus lanes and local roads to minimise traffic in residential streets. No twelve lane motorway (which came up when the greens added all new lanes together, E 18, bus, residential, and so on.)

E 18 will have one, yes one extra lane, inbound. (3+3)
devo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #3673
GuyFromMoss
Real Norwegian

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
E 18 will have one, yes one extra lane, inbound. (3+3)
No, the greens managed to change the plans, so that there will be 2 lanes inbound and 3 lanes outbound. So overall the capacity will only increase on the local road and the bus lanes.
Old June 5th, 2016, 10:09 PM   #3674
berlinwroclaw
Kamienna

Quote:
An agreement has been reached about the expansion of E18 west of Oslo.
That is also good news for the connection between Oslo and Bergen via E134. The E18 has a lot of congestion in the suburbs and with this extension it will be mitigated. Together with the new E134 motorway tunnel at Drammen in western direction, there will be a considerable reduction of traveling time in this area in near future.
Old June 6th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #3675
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror's Edge View Post
some ppl drive from Spain to get there, slightly offended and utterly chocked of the steep charges
Yes, there is no way i have to pay 50 euro to drive from say Girona to Cadiz? Right....
Old June 6th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #3676
devo

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromMoss View Post
No, the greens managed to change the plans, so that there will be 2 lanes inbound and 3 lanes outbound. So overall the capacity will only increase on the local road and the bus lanes.
Aha, I see. I guess this is only on the 2 km section? It's a mess anyway. E 18 is 3+3 through the central tunnels (Operatunnelen) and this mixture of 2 and 3 lanes will not solve any problem at all.
devo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 01:34 PM   #3677
OAQP

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror's Edge View Post
I had to go to the link and read if the maximum per 24h would be 58 NOK, but no it's the actual 1 time passing charge.

I have been kinda ashamed to be living next door but never been to Norway, some ppl drive from Spain to get there, slightly offended and utterly chocked of the steep charges, I am now convinced I will never gaze upon the vistas of Norway.
I'll be surprised if a return trip from say Gothenburg to Bergen will be more than €50 if you drive the E6/E16/RV7/RV52/E16.

Surely, this is fairly reasonable and comparable to a similar trip to Continental Europe from Gothenburg (via the Oresund and Great Belt fixed links).
OAQP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #3678
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Dolmsund Bridge

The Dolmsund Bridge to the island of Frøya was inaugurated on 3 June. It is part of County Road 714.

The bridge is 462 meters long, with a 190 meter main span, quite long for this type of bridge, and the deck is located 32 meters above Dolmsundet.

It is the final project of the Hitra–Frøya Fixed Link, which also included the Hitra Tunnel (1994) and Frøya Tunnel (2000). The bridge construction took 3 years, the opening has been delayed by almost a year, it was originally planned to open in July 2015.

It will carry the 2,000 vehicles per day that used the old bridge, located a few kilometers to the west. The bridge is located 80 kilometers west of Trondheim as the crow flies. It is fairly far from the main road network, E39 is 100 kilometers away, a 90 minute drive according to Google Maps.

8166UY liked this post
Old June 6th, 2016, 06:35 PM   #3679
Mathias Olsen

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
The Dolmsund Bridge to the island of Frøya was inaugurated on 3 June. It is part of County Road 714.
The new bridge reduces the traveling with 6 minutes from Frøya to Hitra. It is also straighter and safer to run.
Minor alteration: the bridge was supposed to open in summer 2015, but the work was delayed and much more expensive than expected: approximately NOK 50 million more expensive than initially estimated.
Mathias Olsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 07:16 PM   #3680
Mathias Olsen

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAQP View Post
I'll be surprised if a return trip from say Gothenburg to Bergen will be more than €50 if you drive the E6/E16/RV7/RV52/E16.
You can even do it with less when you take E6/E18/E134/E16.
Mathias Olsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
norway