daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 30th, 2016, 11:45 AM   #4561
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Well, I thought that would be quite obvious.

The Gaularfjellet viewpoint has won the concrete award for 2016. It's located on Riksvei/Fylkesvei 13, just north of the Sognefjord. It is the third time since 2012 that a national tourist route rest area has won the award.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

metasmurf, tomPunk, Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2016, 02:18 PM   #4562
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E39 Romsdalsfjord Crossing

The cost of of the Møreaksen project near Molde has been reduced by 1.9 billion NOK (€ 210 million). The new cost is projected to be 14.5 billion NOK (€ 1.6 billion).

It's a huge project, it includes a very large suspension bridge (1625 m main span!) and a 15.5 kilometer long twin-tube tunnel.

The construction time is estimated at 5-6 years.

http://www.vegvesen.no/om+statens+ve...medium=twitter

The Julsund Bridge will be similar to the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark, which is presently the longest suspension bridge in Europe. In fact, the Julsund Bridge will have a 1 meter longer span than the Storebælt, making it the longest in Europe.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

tomPunk, Agent 006, pai nosso, Luki_SL liked this post
Old November 30th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #4563
Stafangr

Likes (Received): 265

Ryfast and Eiganestunnelen november 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verji View Post
Progress november 2016

Eiganestunnelen:

Ryfylketunnelen:

Hundvågtunnelen:

Source: http://www.vegvesen.no/Vegprosjekter/ryfast/Framdrift
Stafangr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2016, 05:41 PM   #4564
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E39 Romsdalsfjord Crossing

An English-language video about the planned Romsdalsfjord Crossing. It's one of the largest upcoming construction projects in all of Europe.

g.spinoza, gr_kanev, pai nosso liked this post
Old December 2nd, 2016, 08:43 PM   #4565
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Fylkesvei 63

A couple of photos of Fylkesvei 63 (County Road 63) from Geiranger to Eidsdal.

Fylkesvei 63 Eidsdal-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

Fylkesvei 63 Eidsdal-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

Fylkesvei 63 Eidsdal-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

Fylkesvei 63 Eidsdal-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

Fylkesvei 63 Eidsdal-5 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old December 5th, 2016, 07:41 PM   #4566
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The soon-to-be-opened E6 from Frya to Sjoa in Gudbrandsdalen contains the Harpe Bridge, the first extradosed bridge in Scandinavia.

devo, metasmurf liked this post
Old December 6th, 2016, 07:42 PM   #4567
Gsus

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The Julsund Bridge will be similar to the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark, which is presently the longest suspension bridge in Europe. In fact, the Julsund Bridge will have a 1 meter longer span than the Storebælt, making it the longest in Europe.
I don`t feel to conspiratorially when I think that might be on purpose just to get a record

belerophon, Bjørne, Rob73 liked this post
Gsus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 03:57 PM   #4568
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E6, Alta

The prime minister opened a 13 kilometer new stretch of E6 west of Alta today. It includes two tunnels, the Melsvik Tunnel and the Storvika Tunnel. This reduces the travel time on E6 to Alta. The road is designed for 80 km/h.

The 2.5 kilometer long Melsvik Tunnel.

The 1.2 kilometer long Storvika Tunnel.

The ribbon cutting by prime minister Erna Solberg (center)
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:20 PM   #4569
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21240

So the Norwegian are not afraid of ribbon-cutting under heavy snowfall...
Old December 13th, 2016, 07:59 PM   #4570
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 585

New E18 section:

http://www.bygg.no/article/1296501?i...e86397-1296511
Old December 13th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #4571
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Norwegian Wikipedia suggests it may be exit 96, but on my photos from June 2016, there were no exit numbers on the entire E18 motorway stretch in the Askim-Mysen area.
Old December 14th, 2016, 12:01 AM   #4572
Suburbanist
on the road

How many days, on average, are road links between Bergen and Olso closed due to snowfall or other weather hazards?

Also, I notice there is not single obvious driving route between Oslo and Bergen, there are many options with similar distances. Even avoiding Fv7 through Hardangervidda, there are still many permutations possible. There are also southern routes via E134... but slightly longer.

-----------------------------------

Secondary question: what is a reputable site where I can find the price of used cars in Norway?
Old December 14th, 2016, 01:18 AM   #4573
Stafangr

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Also, I notice there is not single obvious driving route between Oslo and Bergen, there are many options with similar distances. Even avoiding Fv7 through Hardangervidda, there are still many permutations possible. There are also southern routes via E134... but slightly longer.
That's supposed to change.

Quote:
Secondary question: what is a reputable site where I can find the price of used cars in Norway?
Finn.no. Select "Bil" (Car), then "Biler i Norge" (Cars in Norway)

Suburbanist liked this post
Stafangr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 02:11 AM   #4574
Suburbanist
on the road

So what is the best driving routes between Bergen and Olso (for someone who wants to travel from one point to another, not to tour the region)? Best as in: less unannounced disruptions, less closures, more predictable travel times... Is it E16 all the way? Or Rv7 then Rv52 via Gol.
Old December 14th, 2016, 11:19 AM   #4575
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Most trucks use riksvei 52 through Hemsedal. Overall volumes are the lowest on E16 across Filefjell, with Riksvei 7 across Hardangervidda between those.

Though none of these routes have traffic volumes that lead to the typical convoy driving like you have in much of Europe on two-lane corridors without motorways. Rv. 52 Hemsedal is the busiest of the northern routes to Bergen and barely cracks the 1,200 vehicles per day threshold.

Suburbanist liked this post
Old December 14th, 2016, 05:11 PM   #4576
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Most trucks use riksvei 52 through Hemsedal. Overall volumes are the lowest on E16 across Filefjell, with Riksvei 7 across Hardangervidda between those.

Though none of these routes have traffic volumes that lead to the typical convoy driving like you have in much of Europe on two-lane corridors without motorways. Rv. 52 Hemsedal is the busiest of the northern routes to Bergen and barely cracks the 1,200 vehicles per day threshold.
Alright. I thought E16 would be the busiest route and Rv50 the least busy. Thanks for the info.
Old December 14th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #4577
devo

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Norwegian Wikipedia suggests it may be exit 96, but on my photos from June 2016, there were no exit numbers on the entire E18 motorway stretch in the Askim-Mysen area.
I contacted them (both the NPRA and Directory of Public Roads) way back in the days to update those numbers and at that time they said 96 was a proposed number and that the final numbers (descending from 100 at Vinterbro) would be put in place when the entire road from the border to the junction with E 6 was done.

I have included their reply which also includes interesting bits about the junction numbering for other roads, including E 39, at a time long before the now proposed coastal highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stine Forsbak, Trafikkforvalter, Statens vegvesen @ 02.07.2010
Hei!

Takk for fornuftig innspill på kryssnummereringen på E18 Vinterbro - Ørje. Foreløpig plan er at krysssnummereringen skal begynne på 100 etter Vinterbro. Det ligger noen faktorer til grunn for nummereringen av kryss. En av disse faktorene er at det ikke skal være kryss i samme område som har samme nummer. Dersom vi skulle telle nedover fra Vinterbro på E18, vil neste kryss på E18 og på E6 få samme nummer og de fire kryssene på E18 som ligger i Akershus (Vinterbro Ø, Nygårdskrysset, Holstad og Kråkstad) vil få samme nummerering som 4 andre kryss i Akershus på E6. Dette kan gjøre skiltingen i området mellom disse kryssene vanskelig og forvirrende.

Kryssnummereringen på E6 mellom Minnesund og Trondheim er fastlagt og er også delvis ferdig skiltet. Her er kryssnumrene stigende i retning fra Oslo og opp til grense Sør-Trøndelag. Etter fylkesgrensa vil nummereringen begynne på 1 igjen. Her er det ikke planer om planskilte kryss før man er godt inne i fylket, så nummereringen som foreløpig er bestemt fra Melhus og nordover, begynner på nummer 27.

[...]

Når du spør om E39 er det ikke så lett å vite hvor du mener. Den strekker seg fra Kristiansand til Klett (sør for Trondheim) og har svært varierende standard. Deler av denne veien vil aldri få planskilte kryss og derfor heller ikke kryssnummer. Kryssene i Sør-Trøndelag har fått foreslåtte nummer fra 99 til 94, i Vest-Agder er det foreslått 1-19 og i Rogaland er det foreslått 1-16. Men når disse kryssene blir skiltet, har jeg ikke oversikt over.

Med hilsen
Stine Forsbak
I hope you guys bear with me on not translating this but I believe that the most interesting parts should be quite understandable.
devo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 11:26 PM   #4578
ChrisZwolle
Road user

My knowledge of Norwegian has improved to the point that I basically understand what he says, without needing to put it through Google Translate. Norwegian has many elements similar to English, German and also Dutch (for example, foreløpig = voorlopig in NL)

devo liked this post
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:38 AM   #4579
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 585

^ Follows the vegvesen tradition of making weird number schemes, especially the part of using same numbers for exists in V-Agder and Rogaland for the same ekspressway.

Quote:
So what is the best driving routes between Bergen and Olso (for someone who wants to travel from one point to another, not to tour the region)? Best as in: less unannounced disruptions, less closures, more predictable travel times... Is it E16 all the way? Or Rv7 then Rv52 via Gol.
E16 is being completly rebuilt for the most difficult mountain pass, the last piece opening in the fall of next year. E16 is generally considered less risky for closures in case of blizzards. With this new road it is planned to stay open no matter what.

New E16 Filefjell mountain pass

Now if the weather forecast is good, no need to take the detour afaik.
Old December 15th, 2016, 09:32 PM   #4580
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Riksvei 4, Gran

A stretch of four-lane highway opens to traffic tomorrow in Gran municipality. It runs from the Lunner border to Jaren, except for the 1.7 kilometer tunnel around Gran, which will open in summer 2017. Tolling will also not commence until that time.

This indicates that a 2.6 km southern segment and 4.1 km northern segment opens tomorrow.

Tags
norway