daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2017, 02:47 AM   #4701
Galro
Humanity through Urbanity

Likes (Received): 10026

Some pictures taken of Hålogalandsbrua last December.

http://www.infoto.no/H%C3%A5logalandsbrua/i-LjF6BqL

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:22 PM   #4702
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Fylkesvei 17

Funding has been allocated to the Fylkesvei 17 / 720 upgrade project near Steinkjer. At a pricetag of 1.6 billion NOK / € 180 million, fylkesvei 17 will be upgraded to a higher standard, 80 km/h road. It will also include a branch of fylkesvei 720 to Malm and a 580 meter long bridge across Beitstadsundet.

It will be a tolled project, with three toll points. The project is slated for completion in 2019.

Source: https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktuel...alm/id2538399/

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 04:40 PM   #4703
Galro
Humanity through Urbanity

Likes (Received): 10026

Some renders of the planned upgrade of e18 Filipstad (Oslo) that I do not think have been posted yet.

http://www.vianovapt.no/portfolio-ar...e18-filipstad/

devo, riiga, Bjørne, pai nosso, ChrisZwolle and 3 others liked this post
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 04:25 PM   #4704
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A render of the new four lane E39 bridge across Trysfjorden on the Mandal - Kristiansand upgrade section.

They don't show dimensions, but Google Earth suggests a span of approximately 230-240 meters, which is quite long for a cantilever box girder bridge (Stolma Bridge near Austevoll has a 301 meter span and is quoted as the longest in the world).

Old February 18th, 2017, 01:53 PM   #4705
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E39 Gjemnessund Bridge

I took some photos of the Gjemnessund Bridge in June 2016. It is a suspension bridge with a 623 meter main span. It opened to traffic in 1992 as part of the 'Krifast' project to link Kristiansund with the hinterland by tunnels and bridges. It was the longest span in Norway at that time. It was a toll road until 2012.

Gjemnessund Bridge-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

Gjemnessund Bridge-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

Gjemnessund Bridge-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

Gjemnessund Bridge-8 by European Roads, on Flickr

Gjemnessund Bridge-12 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old February 18th, 2017, 02:12 PM   #4706
devo

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A render of the new four lane E39 bridge across Trysfjorden on the Mandal - Kristiansand upgrade section.

They don't show dimensions, but Google Earth suggests a span of approximately 230-240 meters, which is quite long for a cantilever box girder bridge (Stolma Bridge near Austevoll has a 301 meter span and is quoted as the longest in the world).

Total length:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detaljreguleringsplan for E39 Søgne øst – Mandal øst, Nye Veier
Krysning av Trysfjorden planlegges med to parallelle, store betongbruer av typen fritt frambygg, hver av dem på ca. 520 meter. http://www.nyeveier.no/wp-content/up...eskrivelse.pdf
Span:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjørn Heieraas, project manager, E 39 Kristiansand-Sandnes, Nye Veier
Hovedspennet over fjorden blir 260 meter langt med to 40–50 meter høye bropilarer som plasseres på land på hver sin side av fjorden. http://www.aftenbladet.no/innenriks/...9-537926b.html

ChrisZwolle liked this post
devo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 04:22 PM   #4707
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Sogn og Fjordane Coastal Road

There are plans for a massive upgrade of 'Kystvegen' (the Coastal Road) along the Sogn og Fjordane coast. It is projected to cost 22.8 billion NOK ( € 2.6 billion ).

This is the recommended alternative:

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

EasySeven liked this post
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:19 PM   #4708
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

I was not aware of this ambition to have a second continous route crossing most of the fjords in one of least populated counties of Norway. It seems a bit over the top optimistic. However, to me, this second outer route would have made much more sense as a national route than the current E39 as it has the potential to be both shorter and cheaper. It should be noted, though, that this study was ordered by the county, not the state. It has just been decided that this county, Sogn og Fjordane will be merged with the much more populous Hordaland (with Bergen). Hopefully this may increase the chances for a more sensible alignment of E39 as such issues of national interest no longer will be decided by the extreme local focus of the politicians of Sogn og Fjordane alone.
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2017, 08:34 PM   #4709
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Riksvei 70

A couple of photos of riksvei 70 from Kristiansund to Sunndalsøra

1. Rv. 70 runs partially concurrent with E39.

Riksvei 70-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

2. The Bergsøysund Bridge. It is a floating bridge

Riksvei 70-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

3. The bridge deck is built on a truss that is supported by pontoons.

Riksvei 70-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

Riksvei 70-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

5. The Oppdølstrand Tunnel (7430 m long). It opened in 2014 to bypass a stretch of coastal road that was prone to landslides (in addition to being narrow).

Riksvei 70-5 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:12 PM   #4710
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

How congested is the main Bergen axes on a daily basis (E39, E555)?
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:30 PM   #4711
MattiG

Likes (Received): 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
How congested is the main Bergen axes on a daily basis (E39, E555)?
Have you looked at the TomTom Traffic index data: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/trafficindex/city/bergen

Not very congested.

gr_kanev liked this post
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 11:58 AM   #4712
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

New E18 trough Asker. 3+3 with a parallell Bus-way.

devo liked this post
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 06:04 PM   #4713
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Tønsberg

A video showing the alternatives for a new connection to Nøtterøy south of Tønsberg. Presently you can only get on and off the Nøtterøy area via central Tønsberg. This link would provide a new four-lane connection to the mainland.

Nøtterøy municipality has a population of 22,000 and there is also some of Tønsberg located on the island.

I like the cable-stayed bridge alternative. It would be a nice landmark for Tønsberg.

Old March 6th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #4714
Bjørne

Likes (Received): 49

E16 Hønefoss

Bane NOR released four new YouTube videos of the new Ringeriksbanen, which is being planned alongside the new E16, today. Near the end of one of the videos (from about 1:25), you can see the proposed E16/RV7 interchange. It looks huge (by Norwegian scale)!

Old March 20th, 2017, 07:15 PM   #4715
ElviS77

Likes (Received): 54

The government has finally decided on where the new east-west links (Oslo-Bergen) should be. It is of course already decided that E134 Haukeli would be one of those, and it was widely expected that the administration would choose between rv 7 Hardangervidda and rv 52 Hemsedal as the second, northerly, option. Statens Vegvesen favoured rv 52, as did most national political parties (not the Conservatives, though), but local opinion has been divided. Consensus amongst road geeks has also been difficult to find, but I do believe that most agreed that no more than two links should be prioritized. So what was decided? Both the rv 52 and the rv 7 should win the race... as well as the E16 Filefjell...

Thus, nothing has really happened, and even I, who have numerous posts to my name adressing both the geograpical and political particularities of Norway, didn't expect this outcome. The consequences are difficult to assess, but it is highly likely that we will see divided funding between the three, and most likely even the E134 will struggle to get prioritized for real. The Haukeli-Bergen link is not likely to become reality for decades... and we will probably see a complete political rematch with the next change of government, making any proper decision something for future generations. This is nothing new, of course, we were here in the 70s and 90s as well, but if there was one thing I thought the current government might be capable of improving, it would be road infrastructure planning for the future. How wrong I was...

https://www.nrk.no/buskerud/velger-i...vei-1.13436166

(In Norwegian...)

Gsus, Stafangr liked this post
ElviS77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 07:43 PM   #4716
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

So no freeway Bergen-Oslo completed before 2030?
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:03 PM   #4717
ElviS77

Oslo-Bergen motorway will, the way I see it, never happen through the mountains. An Oslo-Kristiansand-Stavanger-Bergen motorway is planned, however, but not before 2030. The problem is that instead of at least being able to hope for one high-quality highway and one fairly decent two-lane road, we're now stuck with more of the same: four links that compete for the same money. If this remains the plan (which I highly doubt longish-term), we'll have a reasonably improved E134 with no direct link to Bergen, a heated debate about whether to prioritize loooong tunnels on rv 7 or on rv 52, and an E16 which will remain the only winter-safe link in the Northern corridor...
Old March 20th, 2017, 10:40 PM   #4718
Gsus

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElviS77 View Post
This is just sad! Really really sad! During oposition the current government parties criticized the old government for not prioritizing, and ever since they took over they`ve talked about first one prioritized route, then two. It`s really unbeliavebel that after two investigations by the road administration, that both recommend rv. 52, this is the outcome. Cause this is just what the government has said that should not be done! But it seems that when the personal meaning of the majority of one party is in contrast to the professional meaning, this is the result.

The last couple of weeks has really been a downfall for the current government on a few large infrastructure projects, after the recent leakings from the new transport plan. The joint motorway/rail project on E16/Ringeriksbanen between Sandvika and Hønefoss is postponed by 2-3 years, with construction start in 2021/2022. E16/Bergensbanen between Stanghelle and Arna is also postponed from 2021 to 2023. From the beginning both of these two projects were to be prioritized for an as fast as possible start of construction. That`s why they chose an government zoning-plan to save time. Now we see how it goes with the political priorities. That large infrastructure projects is being delayed or postponed by political priorities is nothing new, but this time I really found it pathetic how both the prime minister and secretary of transport blamed the road- and rail administrations for the delay. Luckily the project-management on both these projects had balls enough to go out in media telling they were on time.

ElviS77, Stafangr liked this post
Gsus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:03 AM   #4719
ElviS77

It is rather difficult not to see this in light of the upcoming elections, I'm sorry to say. Not giving anything to rv 52 and/or E16 is handing a bunch of votes to the opposition - in particular the Centre Party - and not prioritizing rv 7 is giving up a similar bunch of Conservative votes. I'm no fan of the current government, but I did actually believe they would rise above petty regionalism in order to get a proper solution. Again, I was horribly wrong.

Stafangr liked this post
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:18 PM   #4720
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

I think it's a politics trick - we will see what projects are included in Ntp. But the way the decission was presented is that Rv52 is to be the main road for trucking/higher speeds and Rv7 for tourism suggests that one of them being the "real" priority.

Tags
norway