daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #601
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

^ I am wondering the same thing...

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #602
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2268

Some pictures of E6 between Levanger and Røra in Nord Trøndelag.

First picture from the 90km/h in Verdal, northernmost 90km/h road we have in Trøndelag.

Railroad crossing the road, about time to get these removed from E6?

E6 outside Levanger, also a 90km/h road.

Then i turn back north again, from Verdal to Røra.

At Røra, continue the road to Steinkjer and north, take left to Riksvei 755 through Inderøy, Mosvik and Leksvik.

Riksvei 755.

755 across the preserved Straumen bridge.

And across the much larger and preserved Skarnsundsbrua, only bridge crossing Trondheimsfjorden, and about the only
real gateway to Fosen penninsula.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #603
Ingenioren

Thanks for showing us! Atleast you still have those 90km/h roads, at Østlandet those without barriers have been turned to 80 km/h (Except Rv25 maybe?). Majestic bridge you got there Isn't that rail-crossing about to be replaced by a bridge? I believe it to be the last remaining on E6? Quite traficated one actually... I remember first time going to Trondheim - i tought i was very far away from home untill i saw the sign pointing to Narvik... ;D
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #604
Grauthue

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þróndeimr View Post
They should clear away trees this close to the road IMO. Not that I have anything agains trees, but if a moose suddenly runs out from between these trees you have precious little time to react

Thanks for the nice pictures anyway.
Grauthue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #605
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
Isn't that rail-crossing about to be replaced by a bridge?
No, that is new E6 Steinkjer South, and Riksvei from Inderøya gonna go over, the one you see here.

I would say Verdal - Levanger is well ready for a 2x2 road, that road is crowded and impossible to get on from other roads, and its the only road going through so.

@ Grauthue, yes thats true, but its not that dangerous right there, since thats right next to Verdal, there aren't any moose in that forest there.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #606
Red-Lion

Likes (Received): 0

OH, were they allowed to landfill all that land in the river opening after all, remember reading something about that some time ago.

On the subject of numbering the new "county roads" i guess they will get county numbers from 1-100?
Red-Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #607
metasmurf

Likes (Received): 555

Cheers for the pics Þróndeimr
metasmurf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #608
Ingenioren

1-100 is far from covering them all, don't you think 1-1000? But i think they will keep the numbers as they are, how much costs for new signs on every single road? I think the roads keept by the state will change to green signs, else: Business as usual...
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #609
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

Thank you again for the great images, Þróndeimr. Although I love winter, it is
always nice to see how our nature changes from rather grey to green to a degree that it almost hurt in a matter of days.
Quote:
And across the much larger and preserved Skarnsundsbrua, only bridge crossing Trondheimsfjorden, and about the only
real gateway to Fosen penninsula.
Probably, most people would regard the Rørvik jetty as the main gateway to Fosen, does not the traffic here dwarf the one at Skarnsundbrua? (Edit: Yes, AADT at Rørvik-Flakk is almost 3x the traffic across Skarnsund)

(Rørvik is at the Fosen side of the main ferry connection across the Trondheim fjord)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauthue View Post
They should clear away trees this close to the road IMO. Not that I have anything agains trees, but if a moose suddenly runs out from between these trees you have precious little time to react
So very true. Unfortunately this is a huge problem in Norway, especially compared with Sweden, where the forest around even minor roads are meticulously cleared. In Norway you see dense forest even around relative recent major highways, like here.
Quote:
Thanks for showing us! Atleast you still have those 90km/h roads, at Østlandet those without barriers have been turned to 80 km/h (Except Rv25 maybe?).
Actually, as I remembers it, the only 90-roads of NT south of Verdal are the parts with dividers, but I my memory not always serves me right... Anyway, Rv 3 from E6 to Løten is 90 without divider as well.

Last edited by 54°26′S 3°24′E; May 19th, 2009 at 09:49 AM.
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #610
54°26′S 3°24′E

Quote:
1-100 is far from covering them all, don't you think 1-1000? But i think they will keep the numbers as they are, how much costs for new signs on every single road? I think the roads keept by the state will change to green signs, else: Business as usual...
We also have to keep the option open that a change of government in a few months probably will stall this stupid reform altogether.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #611
Ingenioren

Really? Why are høyre/sentrum against it? I like the reform, since the counties are in charge of PT i would like them to have more of an impact on infrastructure-funds... I hope this will give for example Rogaland the choice to fund Bybanen at the expense of Ryfast or Sandnes Ring...

Ah! I tought i read somewhere Rv3 changed all to 80 km/h... So they left out the best part, good! Rv705 also had one, don't know if they changed that one since it's so low on trafic.. (Great shortcut road to NT.) And maybe Rv26 also... Hm, it comes to me now! Dovrefjell?

Last edited by Ingenioren; May 17th, 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #612
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

I think the right side is against counties in general. They want larger regions, and to kiss the current ones goodbye...

And Rv3 between Løten and Kolomoen is a "Motortrafikkvei", so I guess that's why they get 90 km/h limit.

Take a look at my Photo Mess!

Last edited by IceCheese; May 18th, 2009 at 01:19 AM.
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #613
Ingenioren

I forgot E18 Østfold, is 90km/h aswell Seems a bit random wich roads get 90 and wich get 80 to me.... E18 from Tusenfryd to the motorway should be 90km/h..

Draft for Handlingsplan 2010-2013 is out
http://www.vegvesen.no/binary?id=170301

Last edited by Ingenioren; May 18th, 2009 at 02:44 PM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #614
ElviS77

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
First picture from the 90km/h in Verdal, northernmost 90km/h road we have in Trøndelag.
Really? The newest section south of Grong was 90 kph quite recently. Has it been removed?
ElviS77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #615
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Quote:
I forgot E18 Østfold, is 90km/h aswell Seems a bit random wich roads get 90 and wich get 80 to me.... E18 from Tusenfryd to the motorway should be 90km/h..
Yet again a motortrafikkvei. Doesn't seem that random after all...

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #616
Ingenioren

Mosseveien is also Motortrafikkvei, a short piece of it is even motorvei... ;D
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #617
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

I think they made it 80 due to heavy traffic and many meeting-collisions + the classic arguement of making it a less desirable commuter route...

Old May 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #618
Ingenioren

I believe they will put barriers in all it's length later this year, and in the meantime cut it down one lane, like they did temporary in Østfold on E6, but ofcourse if it turns out they will make it wider instead and keep 3 lanes i will jump for joy!

If they wanted to boost different route, this doesn't make sense tough: Ringnesdiagonalen with it's decent standard have been 70km/h for all years i have driven, even that is Motortrafikkvei... What route did they want people to take? Gamle Mossevei?
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #619
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

I guess a 70 is better than the 50 of Mosseveien... Yes, they will put out those concrete barriers, but I think it even was next year. They ordered them in 2007, and I think there actually is a 3 year delivery on them. Don't know if those barriers mean that they will cut down on the lanes, but I guess they will..

Old May 19th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #620
54°26′S 3°24′E

1. This being Norway, there are of course regulations that are written down regarding which roads could have 90. (NA-rundskriv 01/16 "Kriterier for fartsgrenser utenfor tettbygd strøk" which I can't find online anymore) However, the reason that it seems a bit random is perhaps that 90 km/h is an exception to the general rule in Norway, and the fact that some roads that originally had 90, later have been reduced to 80 without any changes in the regulations. New regulations are probably underway, BTW.
2. In the beginning, at least, the great majority of roads where the speed were reduced from 90 to 80 were motortrafikkvei/Autostrasse/expressways (E6 Østfold, Gardermoen-Lillehammer, Trondheim-Stjørdal, various sections E18, E39 Klett-Orkanger etc. etc.), whereas the speeed on other roads, like E6 Dovre, rv3 Østerdalen and many sections in Northern Norway, were allowed to keep their 90-limit. I.e., traffic volume and the presence of tunnels were larger 90 km/h killers than the width of road, standard of intersections and whether they were motortrafikkvei (Autostrasse). Later this picture has been a bit modified, however, as for instance the speed on rv 3 Østerdalen and E6 Dovre has been reduced to 80.
Quote:
Really? Why are høyre/sentrum against it? I like the reform, since the counties are in charge of PT i would like them to have more of an impact on infrastructure-funds... I hope this will give for example Rogaland the choice to fund Bybanen at the expense of Ryfast or Sandnes Ring...
The main problem is that the counties probably will not have the funds nor competence to do neither, and there is no compelling evidence that the counties will have a higher priority on PT than the government. In addition, a large majority of the new county roads are rural. In the cities, the counties have very little influence on the road sector anyway, most projects are part of deals between the municipalities and the national government. IMO, the state should handle PT between different municipalies, whereas the municipalies should be allowed to handle the PT within their borders. This would be more rational, since a lot of the commuter traffic in fact goes across the county borders. Also, it would break the current assymmetry in PT funding, where the national government today plays a major role running and subsidizing NSB PT in the capital area, but is absent in local traffic in most of the rest of the country.

My main objection to the reform is that tasks in the society that are delegated down to local governments tends to be underfunded. The reason is that the national government will say that they no longer has any responsibility in the matter, and the local government will blame the central authority for not handing over enough funds. In addition, it takes a good deal of competence to develop and run infrastructure. It could be that such competence could be developed in each county, but it certainly will not be the cheapest way of doing it. Finally, with the proposed structure,there will some rather large chunks of the country that will be far away from the national roads. For instance, the coast between Kristiandsund and Bodø, a large region in area of what, 100 000 (?) citizens including Þróndeimr's Fosen and towns like Namsos, Brønnøysund and Sandnessjøen and with a lot of export transport needs will be completely without "riksveier". To fix the roads here requires major investments, and I sincerly doubt that the counties will ever get the required financial muscles.

It is a reason that the counties no longer run the hospitals. Infrastructure is IMO equally important. (As already mentioned, the parties to the right in the Norwegian political spectrum want to abolish the counties altogether, arguing that in a small country like Norway, two levels of government would be far more efficient. Hence, with a change of government, the highway reform may be one of the first (and easiest) things to change for them.)

Last edited by 54°26′S 3°24′E; May 19th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
norway