daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 01:29 AM   #681
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

The taxing and tolling of car traffic will never end! Damn you SV-Kristin...

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:28 AM   #682
Kjello0

Likes (Received): 70

I rather see fuel taxes than toll roads. The problem is however that the fuel taxes we already pay don't get used on roads.

We pay over 60 billion kr each year in different car taxes. Including 4,2 billion from toll roads. Still, 45 billion is never used on road related stuff. And only 3,9 billion is used on road building. So we pay more on toll roads each year than what's being used to build them. We are getting robbed! If we actually had used the money we pay in car taxes on building roads we could get a good highway system in 15-20 years.
Kjello0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:02 AM   #683
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

http://www.regjeringen.no/nb/dep/sd/...html?id=564611

Atleast we will get 10 % in all new tolls, hmm... Does this mean she (Navarsete) is starting to give in to EU demands? I like expensive fuel, hope to see the death of Cayennes, XC 90s and H2 sometime, ofcourse would be so much easier to simply ban all those instead
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM   #684
Red-Lion

Likes (Received): 0

Why are you saying such things! :O

Are you an energy conspirator or environmental hypocrite!?

In more serious reply:
Will this mean maximum 10% discount or can you still get that 50%?
Red-Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM   #685
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Isn't the H2 dead already?

edit: never mind... http://www.aftenposten.no/forbruker/...cle3103531.ece

Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:01 PM   #686
Ingenioren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lion View Post
Why are you saying such things! :O

Are you an energy conspirator or environmental hypocrite!?
Neither, i just thinks SUVs are silly
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #687
mike7743

Likes (Received): 973

Quote:
edit: I realized that you didn't reply to me in the other post! My bad sorry. I do totally agree with your reply to the other guy here tho!

Original post:
Hi man, I "love" USA.

lol, yeah but you know there's a sentiment among few Europeans that America is evil and everything it does is horrible. how bad one has to hate America to come to a conclusion that highways are bad? lol...wow... some people are just amazing. I on the other hand believe that Norway is a great country (for what it's worth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauthue View Post
We expect it as well

Unfortunatly we're far behind comparable nations as far as a proper highway network is concerned. Four lane roads on the main stretches between the biggest cities (or should I say towns) would suffice.

However, with a low population scattered over a big country I would rather prioritize a high speed rail network right now. But frankly we need both. Like right now...

indeed, which was my original point. don't you think though if you have a low population scattered all over the place, wouldn't it make sense to have them connected by building great highways instead of railways? (both methods should be an option but the cost would astronomical) infrastructure is a key to growth and development, especially in this highly competitive world economy. Norway is an extremely small country (hell, even the city I live in has more population than Norway and it's far from the biggest city in the country) so building a first class infrastructure shouldn't be hard.

Quote:
A good railway system would cost tens of times more than a good motorway system, and would still give a lot less flexibility.

I would love to see more light rails, and generally more railways in Norway. But as you said, we need both!

Should send our prisoners to good old schooling with forced labour building railway all the way to Kirkenes, and it should be the only way to get reduced the prison time!

agreed, (the last line is a bit harsh tho) but going back to the first part of your post, highways are indeed cheaper than railways (not to say railways are not an option but considering the flexibility and the price tag) I don't know much about Norway so I can't just assume the cost can be covered easily but I'm guessing it wouldn't be hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjello0 View Post
What? Extending the railway system is like throwing money in the toilet. North of Steinkjer railways is only good for freight transport. South of Steinkjer only minor extensions can be defended. A good highway network will benefit everyone and everything that demand transportation i Norway. A railway won't.
Just to give a example. Why should we have a railway, if we don't have roads to drive to the stations? It's possible to run a country by only using roads. It's not possible to run a country by only using railways. The flexibility of roads is so much higher than with railways.

Note that highways is not the same as motorways. The Norwegian word for Highways is Stamveier. Meaning roads between important destinations, such as cities.
Pr 2004 the Norwegian Highway network looked like this.

The american word for motorways is freeways. Motortrafikkveier is also freeways as they got controlled-access and thereby free flow.
Norway needs a good highway network. And most of that network should be freeways.

And when we are done building the highway network we could start building railways were it's needed.

yeah I was confused as to what the word "motorway" was referring to. even in America it's not all the same. a "highway" in New York is a "freeway" in California. go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I think 4-lane highways would suffice in Norway.
definitely. Norway can (and has to) build or at least upgrade it's existing system.
mike7743 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #688
Ingenioren

I think that maybe if Møreaksen is built, we wouldn't need airports for Ålesund and Kristiansund, Molde could serve as an all Møre Airport. What do you think about this?
http://www.moreaksen.no/
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #689
Red-Lion

I think that alot of airports in Norway should be combined. specially in Finmark and Nordland where there are 20-50 or more times the number of airports per capita than in other regions!

As for Årø being Møres airport, I don't know! I got two questions in mind then
1. Is it possible to expand the airport area outwards into the fjord for a seperate taxing line?
2. Will the traffic from Ålesund through Molde increase drastically and is there any plans on how to improve this road. I guess you could make a tunnel through the mountain..

I also think the new road should be designed so that it an become the new E39, but I guess/hope that is obvious for most people.
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #690
Red-Lion

This solution for a new E39 is what is something really nice. I also think that some of the financing could come from the savings the government does when closing down the two other airports if they would do that.
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #691
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

The government doesn't pay for the airports. The passengers at the larger airports, mostly Gardermoen, does. That's AVINOR for you

Old June 5th, 2009, 04:43 AM   #692
Red-Lion

OMG i'm so annoyed, here Sola Airport, STavanger is talking about not having enough cash to build a good enough quality expansion of the domestic airport, with propper gadgets and bridges out to the planes... And also talk about parts of the runway need to be shut down due to lack of maintenance funds... Seriously!! (But this is road forum, so i'm gonna stop here).
Old June 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #693
Ingenioren

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
The government doesn't pay for the airports. The passengers at the larger airports, mostly Gardermoen, does. That's AVINOR for you
And who owns Avinor? We do! So it is every interrest that it is as profitable as possible surpluss goes right back to us. Narvik airport will be closed when Rombaksbroen is built. Sogn og Fjordane and Finnmark has many airports located very close to eachother, they can close down aswell
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #694
Ingenioren

18,5 km new motorway on E6 trough Romerrike to be ready in 2011, Akershus will be the 3rd county to have a motorway trough it's entire length, partly it will be built new road besides the existing one, partly it will be extended, Minnesund bridges has been built for extension (Way to think ahead Vegvesenet)
http://www.vareveger.no/article212762.ece
Old June 6th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #695
Red-Lion

Will be funny the next years to see if there will be any political movement to put money into Rv3 instead of E6. when the projects moves north. (if they ever)
Old June 6th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #696
Kjello0

Likes (Received): 70

I doubt since they already are planing the new E 6 all the way up to Otta. The plans on Rv 3 barely goes north of Elverum.
Kjello0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #697
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

I would propose Rv4, in status of motorway, what would make an Oslo Ringroad
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #698
Ingenioren

How would that make a ringroad?

You mean Rv35, perhaps?
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #699
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Sorry I have gone a bit too far, I wanted to count Road 23 as well to it Well in practice, it could then make an full ring road

I meant something like that though

Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #700
Red-Lion

Would love ring 4!

Tags
norway