daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 8th, 2009, 01:05 AM   #701
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

It would probably look good in a map, but I'm not quite sure who it actually will serve... Who will travel on this road, when most inner roads would be faster most of the day?

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #702
Red-Lion

Likes (Received): 0

If Oslo would expand into "marka" it might be a good idea, but since it won't well, yeah you are right. Where is it expected that Oslo will expand, or will it only grow in height?
Red-Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #703
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

^ Oslo will grow the way all cities should, with more density in already built up areas, moving out industry etc. Hopefully in height aswell when areas starts to get really full.

Most of the day? E18 is packed full most of the day...

How about something like this instead? Not motorways but some ok standard roads as an alternative to Oslo jams - and some motorways, upgrades of some roads and some new roads:

Old June 8th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #704
Red-Lion

Then I would like another 2 or 3 line tunnel under the oslofjord so it can become a motorway.

There is alot of roads that needs improvement around the major cities because of capacity problems. And that annoys me. Some are neglected problems, such as Stavanger, other are self made such as Trondheim. After the local government tried to restrict car usage by removing 2+ cars in bus lines, it has led to an increased queues and increased traffic on the side roads. I guess the only thing to do is for people have to buy thicker glasses and build noise fences.

For example FV885 in this map:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=63...layers=B000FTF
is having a pretty high traffic amount, (not big queues, but just regular high traffic) and the houses here are close to the road almost along the whole stretch.

But I guess that it's a great bypass for some

The problems with these roads are that they are nice bypasses of city centres, but are not designed for high traffic amounts. I guess a replacement tunnel could be nice.
Old June 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #705
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

Or simply a barrier? We have Many of them in Oslo It's not like they can't use E6 instead... ;D

New bridge over Brandangersundet with a span of 220 meters in Sogn starts construction in september, the roadway will only be 5 meters wide:

http://www.vareveger.no/nyheter/article204768.ece
So where is Brandangersundet? It's nowhere, i can't find the damn place, congrats on your new bridge, 3 guys!

Last edited by Ingenioren; June 8th, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #706
Kjello0

Likes (Received): 70

This would be my proposal to a new road system in Trondheim.
Green is the current E 6.
Blue should be the new E 6. They actually planed a such bypass back in the 80's but it was never build due to lack of money.
Red is other roads with 4 lanes or more. They are planed so that only 6 or 7 houses must be removed.
Kjello0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #707
Red-Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
http://www.vareveger.no/nyheter/article204768.ece
So where is Brandangersundet? It's nowhere, i can't find the damn place, congrats on your new bridge, 3 guys!
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=6...,0.363922&z=12
I guess the bridge will be built all the way down south in that "sund", where the ferry is going today.

Even if it's only a few 100 people getting a bridge I like it. And 5m yeah, sounds like a good compromise.
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #708
Kjello0

I'm against every road that's more narrow than 6,5 meters. That's the minimum for yellow stripe.
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #709
Red-Lion

Me too generally, but this is to islands in sparsely populated areas. There are a lot of roads which has way higher AADT without yellow stripe But if it was possible to build this bridge with let's say 8-9 meters (including pedestrian/bycycle line) with toll financing then why not :P I haven't checked out how this bridge is financed though.
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #710
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

Toll financing doesn't pay itself when traffic numbers are lower than a certain level..

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:25 AM   #711
Red-Lion

Yeah, that's why I said what I said, I can't have an opinion about it if I know nothing. Well I could, as many Norwegians do have opinions about stuff I don't know anything about. but you know...

E6 through Oppdal is moved 1 block, and it costs almost $30million to do it. I think they should use the money to build a road around the village.
http://www.tu.no/nyheter/article213080.ece
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #712
Kjello0

This is what you get when the local authorities is responsible of planing the new road. It's like the future E 39 at Orkanger. The current E 39 works like a perfectly fine bypass. But in the future the E 39 will go trough Orkanger sentrum giving it three new roundabouts and being almost 10 km longer than the current route.
Yellow is the current E 39.
Red is the proposed E 39 in the future.
White, green and blue is my proposal of a new E 39. White a four lane tunnel bypassing Orkanger sentrum. Green a four lane motorway. Blue either regular stamvei or two lane motortrafikkvei.
Purple is my proposal of an extension to Rv 714.
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #713
Red-Lion

I don't see why they would want to build a new e39 there. But local authorities are well, local and should often not take decisisions because they could make options that are best for them personally or their personal interests, instead of what's best for most people.

Your solution is good, and you would only have to expropriate 4-5 houses.

Last edited by Red-Lion; June 9th, 2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #714
Red-Lion

Blasting in Marienborgtunnelen in Trondheim is complete, now only putting up elements, making the road, electronics etc remains. A little but nice video about it:
http://www.adressa.no/tv/?id=10684

In other news, yet another bicyclist lost her life, today in Trondheim, may she rest in peace! I hope they can build some pedestrian bridges soon. Here is the crossing and intersection in question:
http://kart.finn.no/?lng=10.39765&la...tivetab=search

Trondheim is not a bicycle city, even with a left-orientated government. Especially 40-50 year old male Trĝndere don't know how to drive and don't respect cyclists. There are some cycle routes, but as far as I know nothing has changed in many years.
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #715
Kjello0

The main problem is that the walking lanes got a green light at the same time as the cars.
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #716
Red-Lion

Yeah, but they don't get a green arrow. But I'm always careful when crossing the road close to intersections.
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #717
Red-Lion

Pirbrua was tested and the bridge worked!
Video: http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/174013

I can't wait till the north and western "ring roads" are completed!
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #718
Kjello0

They do get an green arrow. Cars turning right often got green light at the same time as the walking line in the street they go into.
Old June 10th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #719
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2268

Just want to mention the ongoing Fosenvegene project on Fosen. The biggest and most expensive part RV. 715 Vanvikan - Olsĝy (220 mio Kr) is out to the public these days. There are three suggested routs. A decission will fall later this year.

There is a little fighting around, and many people beyond Fosen certainly think spending 1.3 billion Kr out here is very worthless.

Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #720
Red-Lion

B1, is the existing route, I would go for B2 or B3, whatever can be designed as a 80 km/h road.

It's true that there aren't many people living over there. But I think we need to build good safe roads in all parts of Norway.

As long as they don't spend billions on building a bridge over there, i'm happy, even though a bridge over Tr.h.fjorden would be awesome.

Tags
norway