daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:13 PM   #781
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lion View Post
Well, his motorway system might be FrPish, but look at what the danes are building!

I do believe however that before making too much motorways on <8000 AADT roads, that some pre-existing roads should be made wider. Especially the road between RV44/E39 intersection and Stavanger could probably need to be widened to 3 lines on parts of the stretch.
No, no, I think most of us in here thinks that KjelloO, with some personal modifications, is a wet highway dream. All of us of course also realize that the chances that we will see something like this in our lifetime is close to zero. It is soon 70 years since the Germans planned to a motorway Oslo-Trondheim via Østerdalen....

Under the current regime we can, during the next 50 years, perhaps see Oslo-Svinesund/Mysen/Kongsvinger/Elverum/Lillehammer/Hønefoss/Kongsberg/Kristiandsand-Stavanger, and if really lucky-Bergen,as well as Trondheim-Orkanger/Støren/Steinkjer as motorways, in addition to at least a couple of the fjord crossings discussed here lately. The preliminary plan of FrP, the Norwegian slightly rightwing but most of all populist opposition party, is far more ambitious, but still a bit to go to both KjelloO and my own visions.

(As I understand, there are some forces within the FrP who tries to reroute Trondheim-Oslo to Østerdalen in the permanent plan, but from my pervious comment it can be deduced that I am not insider....)

Here is btw a link of the current summer-only ferry free Trondheim-Bergen. And now I am really logging off....

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #782
Red-Lion

Likes (Received): 0

We talked about Brandangersundet bru a few pages back.

According to:
http://www.vareveger.no/article215643.ece

It will be the longest norwegian "network bridge".
The ferry it will replace had an amount of 71 PBE (personal car equivalent??)
So that is why it's only 5m wide.

I just hope that building a 300m long bridge will pay itself back in the long run with tax and ferry subsidy reduction.
Red-Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:08 PM   #783
Red-Lion

Video of the new E18 in Vestfold (opened 10 days ago as discussed earlier).
http://www.op.no/video/article4393299.ece

I just hope when they continue towards Kristiansand that they don't make the turn all the way up to Porsgrunn, but build some bridge or something over that fjord with stathelle.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #784
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

Like that will ever happend! They are soon starting construction on the part towards Porsgrunn from the east.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:11 AM   #785
Red-Lion

Yeah, I figured it out after But they might cross over the fjord a bit south of Porsgrunn anyway, awaiting final decision on that. The stretch to Langangen is under construction, but the path further is under planning. There is a plan to lay the motorway north of Porsgrunn, if that happens I will emigrate to Denmark!
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #786
Melankolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melankolic View Post
Nigdy nie było nie jest 110 km/h w Norwegii. Obowiązuje 90 km/h i tylko i wyłącznie na pojedyńczych odcinkach o wysokim standardzie obowiązuje ograniczenie do 100 km/h.

Na początek film z odcinka który pokazywałem w formie fotek kilka postów wyżej. Droga E39.

i drugi film w ciągu tej samej drogi gdzie jest odcinek oznaczony jako autostrada

Enjoy!

Thread on FPW about all Scandinavian road`s

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=424183

Last edited by Melankolic; July 5th, 2009 at 11:18 PM.
Melankolic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #787
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19362

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #788
Red-Lion

*wakey wakey*

Summer is soon over, time to start discussing again!

http://www.tu.no/bygg/article218502.ece

"Norway's worst road" have only gotten 10 of the required 450 million NOK to upgrade itself, and it has an AADT of 900. (2000 in the summer, but much lower in the winter). One of the mentioned bridge/tunnel roads replacing a ferry is costing almost a billion and have an AADT of 48.

I'm not sure how important the RV60 is for the region, but it's a shame that the "riksveg"-network is of the poor quality it is nowadays. The problem is that the counties are taking over the administration of these roads, while there are not enough funding. I do think that this can be a good alternative for counties like S&F where the government has prioritized bridges to small island with a population of 2, while in counties with major population centre this could put all the focus on the city near areas.

So let's hope that it stops stupid projects, but still doesn't forget the importance of having good transport corridors.

--------------

In other news:
http://www.aftenbladet.no/lokalt/106...tomatiske.html

Yet another toll boot are getting fully automatic. What does people think about this?

Pros:
- May lead to the speed limit being put back up to 90 km/h. (Reducing jam and queues, and reducing travel time)
- Probably lead to reduction of dangerous situations.

Cons:
- Probably more expensive than the current solution
- Elderly people forced to pay extra because they can't use internet
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #789
WA
DJ Michael

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That doesnt even look real, absolutly beautiful!!!!!!
WA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #790
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Lion View Post
*wakey wakey*

Summer is soon over, time to start discussing again!
You're right! Elections are on theire way, and it's time to start bashing again!

I knew that the long avaited E6 between Gardermoen and Kolomoen(Hamar) would have multiple toll booths, but when I read in VG that there will be six of them, I was quite shocked. Total price will be 82 NOK for the whole stretch. Trucks will pay 403 NOK for a two-way trip.

This is how it will look: (8,62 kr = 1 EUR)
Black line = new road
Red lines = alternate routes

Statens Vegvesen, road authorities, suspects maybe 7% increase in the alternative roads.. Sounds right I actually don't see the point in building new motorways for traffic safety, if they will be so expensive to drive on, that people will continue driving on even more unsafe roads to avoid them...

Article in VG: http://www.vg.no/bil-og-motor/artikkel.php?artid=556846

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #791
ducky

The toll booths does not come as a surprise for me, as the government here in Norway doesnt wanna to build new highways without toll charges.
ducky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #792
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

One tollbooth is okay, but this is just ridiculous! I believe something similar is planned for the rest of new E18 through Vestfold aswell.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #793
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19362

I hate this kind of bompenger... Why not implement a closed ticket system if you want to toll the E6 motorway all the way? Now you have to stop 6 times between Oslo and Hamar!
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #794
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

They will most likely be completely automatic though, so you won't have to stop.
Old August 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #795
Jonas84

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I hate this kind of bompenger... Why not implement a closed ticket system if you want to toll the E6 motorway all the way? Now you have to stop 6 times between Oslo and Hamar!
The toll stations will be completely automatic, so there will be no need for stopping or even slowing down. If you don't have the Autopass-chip installed, the licence plates will get photographed and you will get billed for the toll-passing afterward. If preferred you can also stop at "KR-Service" places and pay in cash. This photo shows an automatic toll plaza on the newly opened E18 in Vestfold, about 120 km south of Oslo.

[IMG]http://i32.************/zlaw00.jpg[/IMG]
Jonas84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #796
Red-Lion

OMG OUTRAGEOUS NEWSFLASH FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME LIVING IN ROGALAND

According to this source:
http://www.jbl.no/modules/module_123...15&I=34374&D=2

You now have to pay 60kr to go from Bryne to Stavanger if you don't have the automatic chip. Earlier you could pay in 1 toll boot and then use the recipe to get through the rest within one hour. now you will be billed for every passing. This means in theory that you can be billed 10euros for poor, heavy queued roads for a trip of 30km, in Norways flattest and easiest terrain to build roads in!
Old August 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #797
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

^ No problem, if you want to pay one time like you did before simply acquire yourself an autopass!

I'm fine with them putting tolls on "old E6" to keep this roads safer, we have this in Østfold, a 7 % leak may be a bit optimistic... That would probably require SV to dott the old road with speedbumps, low speed limits and other inconveniences.
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #798
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas84 View Post
This photo shows an automatic toll plaza on the newly opened E18 in Vestfold, about 120 km south of Oslo.
And this kind of road has speed limit of only 90 km/h?
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #799
Melankolic

Probably 100km/h on this part of motorvei.

Last edited by Melankolic; August 14th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Melankolic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #800
Kjello0

Likes (Received): 70

It's 100 km/h. And they wanted to signpost it 110 km/h. But wasn't allowed by the minister of transport and communications with the argument that it would lead to more CO2.
Kjello0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
norway