daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #1301
JeremyCastle

Likes (Received): 2

Can anyone tell me how much the Norwegian EU Kontroll costs? Also, how much does it cost from year to year for the tax sticker on the car?

Thanks.
JeremyCastle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #1302
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyCastle View Post
Can anyone tell me how much the Norwegian EU Kontroll costs? Also, how much does it cost from year to year for the tax sticker on the car?

Thanks.
I guess an EU control depends on wether your car needs fixing, but the check itself, shouldn't be more than say 500 - 750 NOK.

Årsavgift 2011 is 2.840 NOK

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #1303
JeremyCastle

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
I guess an EU control depends on wether your car needs fixing, but the check itself, shouldn't be more than say 500 - 750 NOK.

Årsavgift 2011 is 2.840 NOK
Thanks for that. The yearly tax, the Årsavgift, isn't charged based on the engine size? All cars pay the same amount?
JeremyCastle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #1304
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyCastle View Post
Thanks for that. The yearly tax, the Årsavgift, isn't charged based on the engine size? All cars pay the same amount?
The tax is flat, unless you have an old diesle vehicle without particle filter. The idea is that all cars wears down the road equaly.

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #1305
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

Some new aerials from Trondheim - Stjørdal project:
http://www.vegvesen.no/Om+Statens+ve...Vis?key=215259
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #1306
Victorinus
GOES - NL

Likes (Received): 343

nice pictures.
Victorinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #1307
Ingenioren

A bit sad to see the two new round-abouts in Stjørdal. This section of E6 should be built to motorway standard....

Map Stjørdal:
http://www.vegvesen.no/_attachment/198147/binary/385748

Map Trondheim:
http://www.vegvesen.no/_attachment/198148/binary/391019

Last edited by Ingenioren; April 29th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #1308
Devil9

Likes (Received): 0

Hello

Okay i got something to say. This is anoying me to much. Why cannot møre and romsdal get 4 lane way atleast in Ålesund?? Ive seen the traffic there in the rush hour and also after football matches. Its crazy that a contributing county should be left in the gutter. We have in Ålesund a 2+1 lane for like 1km. The E136 road going from Moa to Ålesund was designed for a 2+2 lane way. But i guess they said it was not needed. But now its needed and what do i see? Nothing happens. And then i readed in Sunnmørsposten about Citypack/Bypakka and it said a 4 lane way but it was going to be built in 2014 finnished 2018.. And i think they stopped the plans because people didnt want all the toll booths.. Which means this 2+2 lane motorway will never come i have lost all hope. And then i heard about møreaksa, but that wont be done in like 20 years... In 20 years ålesund will have 80k inhabitants atleast. Today it has 43000. Molde and kristiansund doesnt have a 2+2 lane way either. This is an outrage it takes me 6 hours and 30 minutes to get to Børsa which is near trondheim. And guess what from Orkanger to Outside Buvika there is a motortrafikkveg and orkanger has close to 10000, børsa 2000, buvika has like 3500. While ålesund doesnt even have motortrafikkveg.. Where will the madness end? Møre and romsdal should be more prioritised when it comes to roads.. Whole county has 1+1 roads. And 2+1 in the tunell from ålesund to elingsøya. 2+1 in a short stretch from ålesund to moa. 2+1 in Eiksundtunnellen. Thats it! This county has huge eksports by boat and trailers. When will we be heard?
Devil9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #1309
Ingenioren

There's a 300m stretch of 4-lane road on Rv70 in Kristiansund

You have the new E39 and Rv70 on either sides of Krifast, E39 Kvivsvegen, new Straume bridges with 2-plane intersection and Tresfjord crossing and Hjelvika widening on E136, Oppdølsstranda tunnel on Rv70, U/C or soon U/C, so it's something atleast.

Last edited by Ingenioren; April 30th, 2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #1310
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

At least there are spiral tunnels like Valderøytunnelen in Ålesund
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #1311
Devil9

hi

Are you sure ingenøren? That there is a 300m stretch that has 2+2 lane road in Kristiansund? Ive been there a few times ive never seen it.. E39 kvisvegen is 2 lane normal highway.. Not 2+2. And i am sure tresfjordbrua would be 2 lanes too. Hjeløvika widening is where? Oppdølstranda tunell wont have 4 lanes... Krifast has 2 lanes road the gjemnesundbridge is 2 lanes and thats a part of e39 the whole way is 2 lanes no 4 lanes. I am sorry but i have been there often enough to get that impression. Show me a link to either of the projects that have 4 lanes.
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #1312
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

Would this qualify as 4 lanes?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #1313
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil9 View Post
Are you sure ingenøren? That there is a 300m stretch that has 2+2 lane road in Kristiansund? Ive been there a few times ive never seen it.. E39 kvisvegen is 2 lane normal highway.. Not 2+2. And i am sure tresfjordbrua would be 2 lanes too. Hjeløvika widening is where? Oppdølstranda tunell wont have 4 lanes... Krifast has 2 lanes road the gjemnesundbridge is 2 lanes and thats a part of e39 the whole way is 2 lanes no 4 lanes. I am sorry but i have been there often enough to get that impression. Show me a link to either of the projects that have 4 lanes.
I think the point Ingeniøren is trying to convey is that your region has got, and keep getting, quite a lot of government road funding relative to the the traffic level, population, and transport needs compared with other counties. Just think about all the new fjord crossings you have gotten over the last couple of decades, and the last thing I heard was that you will get a new by-pass around Volda. Even where there are tolls in M&R, the toll share is usually fairly low. Of course Kvivsveien and Oppdølstranda are not four lanes, when the traffic numbers are in the hundreds.

I agree that the Sunnmøre - Trøndelag axis really needs an improved connection, and that Spjelkavik (Moa)-Ålesund shold eventually be four lane. Generally, the whole Norwegian road network, especially outside the central Oslo area needs an upgrade. What I do not agree to is that M&R is particularly unfair treated compared with other regions. This is in particular true with Trøndelag as you mentioned, which has one of the lowest road funding numbers per capita in the country, far below M&R. E-136 does almost all the way have traffic below 20 000 AADT, and close to Moa it is only about 12 000 AADT. And that number is, in my opinion, caused by rather bad city planning. It does not make any sense that Ålesund has one of the largest shopping malls of the country (Moa) placed far from its city center. Populationwise, M&R is a low-growth region of the country.

In comparison, E6 south of Trondheim has 28 000 AADT with only two lanes, and they are currently planning a NEW three-ane bypass (706) which will get 28 000 AAD (if my memory serves me right). Except the new E6 bypass around Melhus, all new roads in the Trondheim area, including the E39 Hell-Orkanger road you mention, have been built with a large toll share. Newer roads are generally built with close to 100 % toll financing (or more if you include the VAT).

Last edited by 54°26′S 3°24′E; April 30th, 2011 at 12:56 PM.
54°26′S 3°24′E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #1314
54°26′S 3°24′E

Perhaps this post will anger our new friend even more, but there are currently four important KVUs (konsekvensutredninger - Study / hearing of consequences?) potentially affecting the transportation sector of Mid-Norway / Trøndelag. These are high-level planning efforts for the transport sector. [list][*]The first KVU is for the transport corridors of S-Trøndelag southwards from Trondheim, i.e E6, Rv3, and the railway. [*]The second one is for the link between Trondheim and Steinkjer (E6 and Rv). [*]The third one is for a ferry free E39 Stavanger-Trondheim. [*]The fourth one is for a new railway freight terminal and possibly harbor of the Trondheim area.

Except the freight terminal study, which is not really relevant for this forum, the Trondheim-Steinkjer KVU has gotten the furthest.
( http://www.vegvesen.no/Vegprosjekter...ing.211023.cms )

The (Orkanger-) Trondheim-Steinkjer axis along the southern shore of the Trondheim fjord is the heaviest populated area of Mid-Norway, whatever that is worth. The section Trondheim-Steinkjer is around 120 km long, and currently takes about 1h50 by car, and 2h03 by railway. The railway is not even electrified yet and is single track. The highway (E6) is mostly two-lane undivided highway, still going through several towns.

They have set up several alternatives. The politicians of N-T seems to think that only the two most exensive alternatives make any sense:

The modernization alternative
24 minutes shorter driving time (to 1h26), and 44 minutes shorter by railway (to 1h19), by:
  • Several new tunnels on E6 and railway
  • Motorway Trondheim-Stjørdal
  • 1+2 the rest of the way to Steinkjer
  • All road tunnels 2+2
  • Railway electrified
Cost: 24 billion NOK

Maximum concept
32 minutes shorter driving (to 1h18), 53 minutes shorter by railway (to 1h10), by:
  • Motorway Trondheim-Steinkjer
  • Longer tunnels (both railway and roads)
  • Dual track railway about half the way
  • Electrification of railway
  • Railway departures every 30 minutes / 15 minutes during rush hour

Cost: 31 billion NOK

By using a sensible speed limit on the motorway (120 instead of 100), I guess the driving times could be further reduced.

No need to state which alternative I support, already Trondheim-Stjørdal is far beyond the AADT required for motorway. The maximum alternative would make the whole region a common labor market, which would greatly improve the areas economic performance. However, the politicians of the region does not have a great track record when it comes to attracting transportation funding.

No mentioning of my aforementioned fjord crossing alternative, unfortunately, which would shorten the driving times further, and, in addition, bind the two sides of the fjord together....

Last edited by 54°26′S 3°24′E; April 30th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #1315
Ingenioren

It's the one Chris posted, "Kaibakken". No doubt it's narrow - but still afaik the only 4 lanes in M&R. As far as i know there are no projects to build motorways, motortraficway or even some 90km/h standard roads in M&R. Kristiansund and Ålesund has some 4-lane projects but neither will have motorway standard and general standard built on rural sections of stam-routes are 8,5 meters while the road ministry is looking into adding center-barriers on roads as low aadt as 4000 for future projects. Ålesund alone already has 7 two-plane intersections on E39 or E136 and one more under construction.

Quote:
Hjeløvika widening is where?
East of Tresfjordbrua on E136. 8,5m like the rest.

Last edited by Ingenioren; April 30th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #1316
54°26′S 3°24′E

I guess this should cover your needs:
http://www.trondheimsregionen.no/~tr...lingstrekk.pdf

Short story: SSB assumes that Trondheimsregionen (7) (Trondheim, Malvik, Stjørdal, Klæbu, Melhus, Skaun, Orkdal) will increase from roughly 250 k today to 310 k in 2030. This is prognosis is assuming, however, a significantly lower growth than we currently have, and is thus probably an estimate at the low side. The strongest relative growth rates will be in Klæbu, Skaun, Stjørdal, and Trondheim (in that order, with equal growth in TRD and Stjørdal). However, since Trondheim have more than 2/3rds of the total population in the area, most of the new people will come to Trondheim itself.

And you are right,current Trondheim politicians are mostly completely lacking any visions.

Last edited by 54°26′S 3°24′E; April 30th, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 1st, 2011, 02:01 AM   #1317
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Okay i got something to say. This is anoying me to much. Why cannot møre and romsdal get 4 lane way atleast in Ålesund?? Ive seen the traffic there in the rush hour and also after football matches. Its crazy that a contributing county should be left in the gutter. We have in Ålesund a 2+1 lane for like 1km. The E136 road going from Moa to Ålesund was designed for a 2+2 lane way. But i guess they said it was not needed. But now its needed and what do i see? Nothing happens. And then i readed in Sunnmørsposten about Citypack/Bypakka and it said a 4 lane way but it was going to be built in 2014 finnished 2018.. And i think they stopped the plans because people didnt want all the toll booths.. Which means this 2+2 lane motorway will never come i have lost all hope. And then i heard about møreaksa, but that wont be done in like 20 years... In 20 years ålesund will have 80k inhabitants atleast. Today it has 43000. Molde and kristiansund doesnt have a 2+2 lane way either. This is an outrage it takes me 6 hours and 30 minutes to get to Børsa which is near trondheim. And guess what from Orkanger to Outside Buvika there is a motortrafikkveg and orkanger has close to 10000, børsa 2000, buvika has like 3500. While ålesund doesnt even have motortrafikkveg.. Where will the madness end? Møre and romsdal should be more prioritised when it comes to roads.. Whole county has 1+1 roads. And 2+1 in the tunell from ålesund to elingsøya. 2+1 in a short stretch from ålesund to moa. 2+1 in Eiksundtunnellen. Thats it! This county has huge eksports by boat and trailers. When will we be heard?
Neither Molde nor Kristiansund need 2+2 roads. What I think will happen in conjunction with the new port in Gjemmnes will be some significant roading upgrades, the current system is not going to work very well with the projected numbers of movements into and out of the port. The only other option is rail but it will be a cold day in hell before that happens.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 02:03 AM   #1318
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
I think either just before or just after you drive over the bridge before bådland there is a section of 2+2.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM   #1319
Devil9

That is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Would this qualify as 4 lanes?
That is quite narrow looks more to me as a 2+1 road. We get alot of road funding but it is not enough we need more as everyone says:p I will enjoy the tresfjord crossing. That route takes 1 hour and 30 minutes from ålesund to åndalsnes by bus... Train aint as popular as it should be in the region. Thats cause we have to drive far just to get to the station.. It takes 3 hours to get to Dombås in total with bus and train. Then we need to way 1 hour in dombås before the Trondheim train comes from oslo that takes us futher to Trondheim. Rauma railway does not transport to much people but it transports alot of goods. Ive seen your infastructure plan for m/r, 54°26′S 3°24′E Whats your name btw?

I like that plan. I think when the hafast tunnel comes a 2+1 motortrafikkveg from Hareid to Volda is needed or 2+2 from ulsteinvik to Volda excluding the eiksundsambanded which is alreddy done and is pretty good standard as it is. the trafic from Hareid to Ulsteinvik is growing. But this must be way into the future. Well a 2+2 lane road should be added to ålesund.
Old May 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM   #1320
54°26′S 3°24′E

Molde already has a 5-lane road, BTW

A bit more on the serious side: I was impressed when I in the early 90s discovered that the main street through Sunndalsøra (rv70), had four lanes. However, they have "modernized" the road since then, making a parking lot of half the street, it seems.

Yes, it would be great to be able to drive ferry-free from Trondheim to Volda. Currently this trip easily takes 8 hours, whereas Trondheim-Oslo is a bit more than 6. But Sulfjorden is not the easiest fjord to cross, is it? Truck drivers are not fond of steep hills

Last edited by 54°26′S 3°24′E; May 1st, 2011 at 04:35 PM.

Tags
norway