daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM   #81
Peloso

Likes (Received): 245

The buildings are nice, unfortunately this one forum has an ugly face. I posted an article from the Italian newspaper "La Repubblica" dealing with the problem of slavery in building sites in Milan, and it was censored with no explanation whatsoever, after some forumers here called for said post to be erased by some moderator.
And the moderator responsible for this forum ("I am hydrogen") whom I contacted privately to ask for an explanation, has not had the nerve to answer me yet (two weeks passed already). Really, it's a shame.
Peloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM   #82
TohrAlkimista

Likes (Received): 886

Peloso, I really don't know why you continue with these critics!?!?!

have you got some problems with the forum and the forumers? send a PM to the Mods or open an appropriate 3d in the Forum Info section.

Posting these comments does not help us to show the projects and talk about it and the viewers are surely not interested in your desperation.

If you are depressed and you don't have anything better to do, you can call a green-line number, someone that want to hear your thoughts will be ready to help you. I can also give you a line of a website for "love-affairs", if you are so frustrated, you will find a girl/boy ready to meet you.
TohrAlkimista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM   #83
European1978
WARNED FOR BANNING

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloso View Post
The buildings are nice, unfortunately this one forum has an ugly face. I posted an article from the Italian newspaper "La Repubblica" dealing with the problem of slavery in building sites in Milan, and it was censored with no explanation whatsoever, after some forumers here called for said post to be erased by some moderator.
And the moderator responsible for this forum ("I am hydrogen") whom I contacted privately to ask for an explanation, has not had the nerve to answer me yet (two weeks passed already). Really, it's a shame.

I have warned you already, this is OoT, you wanna talk about slavery, do it on another thread. You might risk to get banned. please cancel your comments and open a proper thread.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:10 PM   #84
Peloso

Quote:
Originally Posted by European1978 View Post
I have warned you already, this is OoT, you wanna talk about slavery, do it on another thread. You might risk to get banned. please cancel your comments and open a proper thread.
Warning? Excuse me sir, are you a moderator? If not, please stop threatening and making unjustified pretenses, and keep silent, or I will ask for YOU to be banned. See, I'm reporting your threats to the moderators and the persons responsible for the forum right now.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:18 PM   #85
TohrAlkimista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloso View Post
Warning? Excuse me sir, are you a moderator? If not, please stop threatening and making unjustified pretenses, and keep silent, or I will ask for YOU to be banned. See, I'm reporting your threats to the moderators and the persons responsible for the forum right now.
such an arrogant and rude man...

you are only ridiculous...I really could not imagine how people, that view your posts, is laughing...
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:37 AM   #86
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 15832

^ basically this section is one of updates and news on projects. I can see why an article on slavery would gets deleted for being offtopic, allthough I can't judge that one for it isn't there for me to read. If you feel that news item is important in any way, please refer to it in some other section. There's almost a thousend here, so many to chose from.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:42 PM   #87
Peloso

Thanks for your intervention Jan. I understand that for you, not having had a chance to read the article, it's not easy to judge on its legitimacy. Personally, I believe all news and articles coming from respected sources (such as the nationwide Italian newspaper "La Repubblica") and dealing with grave problems like slavery in building sites, should not be considered off-topic. After all, we all want to see new skyscrapers, but no one wants to see people die in the process for lack of safety, or workers being payed 3 dollars an hour.
But whether this should be dealt with on a special thread or not could surely be discussed for forever, so I will not argue on this - let's treat the problem in a separate thread.
What I'd like to point out now is rather the issue of democracy in the forums. In fact, while I subscribe that moderators should not be questioned in their right to erase posts and threads, I believe there should be a short explanation as to why this happened. Or, at least, a private answer to the poster's private polite requests for an explanation. But, most of all: can people who are not moderators speak as though if they were moderators? I believe they cannot. Yet, there are normal users in this forum who behave exactly as if they could decide what is worth being posted and what is not. Such users did not call the post about slavery "off-topic", they called it "ugly" and asked that it be removed - and this happened shortly afterwards.
Also it occurs to me that, in this forum, personal attacks, insults and profanity are not allowed. That's why I'm asking: why don't the real moderators intervene?
Why should I (or anyone) put up with the personal attacks and jeers by that "Pizza, mandolino and mafia" (as to his profile) kid and not react for fear of being banned myself? Why is his obscene signature allowed in the forum at all (It contains the words "a**", "d*ck" and two very vulgar and sexist jokes that I prefer not to translate here)? Why are European1978 "warnings" tolerated? That's why I'm talking about an issue of democracy in this forum. Thank you.

Last edited by Peloso; May 4th, 2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #88
Karakuri
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

I agree too. If this article was deleted (while it deals with construction sites), why don't they erase posts like "if you want a love affaire...blabla" and other personal attacks?

By the way,
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohrAlkimista View Post
such an arrogant and rude man...

you are only ridiculous...I really could not imagine how people, that view your posts, is laughing...
The following quote has its legitimity as regards to ridiculous and laughable thinks. To what exent does it help fixing the situation?
Quote:
If you are depressed and you don't have anything better to do, you can call a green-line number, someone that want to hear your thoughts will be ready to help you. I can also give you a line of a website for "love-affairs", if you are so frustrated, you will find a girl/boy ready to meet you.
Karakuri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #89
gamma_ray_burst
urban astrophysicist

Location: Milan [X] - München - La Silla - Trieste - København
Likes (Received): 122

image hosted on flickr

demolition started

thanks to gusme
gamma_ray_burst no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #90
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Likes (Received): 10982

Thanks to gusme
Old May 18th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #91
BMXican

Likes (Received): 5

clearly one of the most exciting projects in europe right now.
BMXican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #92
Building

Likes (Received): 0

Another pic from the citylife site. Demolitions are going on...

Thanks to Gusme
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #93
jamude18
In Your Thoughts

Likes (Received): 5

where is the tallest building in europe now >?
Old May 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #94
Building

Likes (Received): 0

The tallest building in europe is the triumph palace, Moscow, Russia, 264m.
Old October 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #95
European1978
WARNED FOR BANNING

Likes (Received): 62

anyone has updated pix of the site pls?
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:33 AM   #96
renna80

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale26 View Post
Not bad, finally Milan is looking to the sky with buildings--probably the only Italian city..
no milano is not the only Italian city to have already scratch them to us existing and in project there is also torino, brescia, genova, napoli, bologna, reggio emilia and sesto san giovanni

Last edited by renna80; January 6th, 2008 at 04:57 AM.
renna80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #97
Boogie
keep jaywalking

Likes (Received): 251

Do you have news about the project?
Boogie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #98
TohrAlkimista

Yes, there are a lot of news.
Recently has been showed to the public the new masterplan.

There will be more green (bigger park); the residential buildings have been reprojected by Hadid and Liebeskind; a subway station added.

We'll post the new renderings soon! stay tuned!

Last edited by TohrAlkimista; March 25th, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #99
Boogie
keep jaywalking

Likes (Received): 251

Thanks for answer. I will folowing this thread.
Boogie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #100
EmmE

Likes (Received): 211

Citylife Chronicles

4 the international viewers,
see herebelow my latest shoots on the construction site:

EmmE no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
city life, isozaki, italy, milan, milano