daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 4th, 2016, 03:19 AM   #321
Guajojó

Likes (Received): 489

Guajojó no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #322
Exethalion
Remember Me

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanacho View Post
The roundabout next to that cloverleaf makes one of its loops obsolete, two if that local road connects to the mainline.

8166UY liked this post
Exethalion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 11:40 PM   #323
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19375

The peaje de Angostura on Ruta 5 south of Santiago. Are they widening the autopista? It appears that there is currently a single toll station for both directions, this peaje de Angostura is a few kilometers north, it seems they are splitting the toll stations up to two different locations to increase capacity.

Inspección obras Peaje Angostura by Ministerio de Obras Públicas, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Blackraven liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM   #324
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 173

I was trying to find information on on-going construction of Carretera Austral.

From what I have gathered, since 2007 there has been an on-going construction at the southern end with the end objective of building a new harbour near Rio Pasqua. From there there will be ferries to transport in the archipelago (and away from glaciers) to the south. It seems that road construction is going on but given the terrain, climate and distances there can't be any hasty progress. I have yet to find any information on when this section will be finished, to me it seems they'll construct the road first and build the harbour at some time later.

Then to the south, from Puerto Natales there is a long-term plan to construct a new road across the peninsula to the west and build a new harbour around here. The fiords leading up to Puerto Natales are very treacherous, and a new road and harbour for long-distance traffic to the north would save some time and increase reliability for sea traffic.

Looking on Google Earth there has been a new road constructed to the west of Puerto Natales but I haven't found any information on current construction progress.

A highway across Chile from the north to the south with car ferries would be an amazing route to travel. From the deserts in the north to penguins in the south.
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 04:58 AM   #325
EMArg

Likes (Received): 30507

Route CH-68 (Santiago de Chile-Valparaíso)

Argentina - Brazil - Chile - Colombia - Italy - Panama - Perú - Uruguay
Boston - New York City - California

Guille22 liked this post
EMArg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopistas de chile