daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 20th, 2007, 01:31 AM   #301
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

The dry weather Indy had this summer should have expedited the construction of the stadium.
hoosier no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #302
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

Huntington signs Colts sponsorship deal

Mon. September 24 - 2007

IBJ Staff

The Indianapolis Colts today announced a sponsorship deal with Ohio-based Huntington Bank that includes sponsorship of the new Lucas Oil Stadium’s west gate, which will be named and themed for the bank.

Terms of the deal were not released, but sources close to the deal said it was a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal.

In September, 2006, Colts officials told IBJ that the gate sponsorships would be sold for $1.4 million per year. The gate sponsorships were part of a plan to raise about $10 million annually by allowing companies to sponsor and theme 12 distinct parts of the $675 million stadium that is set to open in 2008.

The naming rights deal with California-based Lucas Oil will bring in about $6 million annually over the life of the 20-year deal.

As part of the most recently announced deal, Hunington Bank also will be the official bank of the Indianapolis Colts. This fall, Colts officials said, Huntington Bank will start offering a debit card with the Colts logo that will get patrons a 10-percent discount at the team’s gift shop.

Colts owner Jim Irsay said the sponsorship is one more step in keeping the team at the top of the National Football League.

“When you are in a smaller market and you see … the sort of revenue generated by the Redskins for instance, it’s really competitive,” Irsay said. “Last year we had the highest payroll in the league above anyone, and that includes the Redskins which outgross us by $100 million or more.”
Old September 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #303
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
Mon. September 24 - 2007

Colts owner Jim Irsay said the sponsorship is one more step in keeping the team at the top of the National Football League.

“When you are in a smaller market and you see … the sort of revenue generated by the Redskins for instance, it’s really competitive,” Irsay said. “Last year we had the highest payroll in the league above anyone, and that includes the Redskins which outgross us by $100 million or more.”
Am I the only one who DID NOT feel sorry for Irsay when he was on the news last night making this quote?
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #304
idyllic indy

Likes (Received): 165

Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
Am I the only one who DID NOT feel sorry for Irsay when he was on the news last night making this quote?
I might have sympathy for him, if I wasn't laughing at his gangster get-up every time I see him.
idyllic indy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #305
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyllic indy View Post
I might have sympathy for him, if I wasn't laughing at his gangster get-up every time I see him.
LOL! What's up with those zoot suits???
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #306
aavmarine

Likes (Received): 0

Looks like they have put up the third of five trusses this past Sunday.

-Lt General Hal Moore
aavmarine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:11 PM   #307
aavmarine

Also, if you look on the live feed cam: http://iccrd.com/stdm/index.aspx, pan in to the SE corner. They are putting up the support for the 2nd giant video replay board. They said it will be at least 3 times larger than the one in the RCA dome.

-Lt General Hal Moore
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #308
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

I just can't get over how massive this thing is. The giant "window" facing the skyline itself is 10 stories tall!
NaptownBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #309
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownBoy View Post
I just can't get over how massive this thing is. The giant "window" facing the skyline itself is 10 stories tall!
I wonder how many bricks they are using!
Old September 30th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #310
aavmarine

Has any one notice that the top part (on the westside) brick has a different style and a lighter color than the bottom? I thought that someone had made a huge mistake, but according to the renderings this is how it is suppose to be. Check the media center under the LOS site. Click on one of the renderings and it will give you a poster like pic. Great detail on the final product.

http://www.in.gov/iscba/

-Lt General Hal Moore
Old October 1st, 2007, 04:29 AM   #311
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Go Colts!

Boy did The Luke look AMAZING on the tube today! And now we're 4-0, you cant help but smile with that in mind!
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM   #312
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Old October 7th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #313
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

I attended a function in the dome the other day, and it just occured to me that the Hoosier/RCA Dome and LOS are really opposites, in terms of design, functionality, and overall feel.

The dome itself is unrecognizable to the dome built in 1984, and this is how it will probably look just prior to demoltion:
Old October 8th, 2007, 12:04 AM   #314
cityfan

Likes (Received): 1

The biggest difference is that the Dome has absolutely no character. The Luke will be unique to the city.

Indianapolis: Fastest growing metro (over 1,000,000) in the Midwest. Growth rate of 7.04% between 2000 and 2005.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bsa-01-fmt.csv
cityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #315
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
The biggest difference is that the Dome has absolutely no character. The Luke will be unique to the city.
Would you say that the Dome itself is a clone of various other anonymous domes? The Metrodome, Superdome, Astrodome, Kingdome etc all come to mind.
Old October 8th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #316
IndyYeah

Quote:
Would you say that the Dome itself is a clone of various other anonymous domes? The Metrodome, Superdome, Astrodome, Kingdome etc all come to mind.
Lucas Oil Center as a football, and I guess for basketball, and such, maybe Indoor baseball, since winter ball is getting popular, is a stadium of it;s own character.
IndyYeah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #317
cityfan

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Exactly. The Metrodome is the most like an exact clone of the RCA Dome.

Metrodome:

Where as, no other football stadium in the NFL is built in a fieldhouse style. Also, I can't think of any other NFL stadium that will have a brick exterior. Truly unique.

Indianapolis: Fastest growing metro (over 1,000,000) in the Midwest. Growth rate of 7.04% between 2000 and 2005.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bsa-01-fmt.csv
cityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:06 AM   #318
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Ford Field in Detroit has a brick facade too, but the thing that differentiates LOS from the rest in my mind is the fact that LOS is essentially the world's biggest gym.

I don't particularly like the design but I will say that the context couldn't be more appropriate. The building reminds you of a high school gym, or a barn, or possibly both. Conservative design with not too much going on.

I've never understood the fascination people from Indiana have with gyms. It's ironic because most of the metro area's high schools are suburban in nature with very little emphasis on the gym.
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #319
ragerunner1

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Ford Field in Detroit has a brick facade too, but the thing that differentiates LOS from the rest in my mind is the fact that LOS is essentially the world's biggest gym.

I don't particularly like the design but I will say that the context couldn't be more appropriate. The building reminds you of a high school gym, or a barn, or possibly both. Conservative design with not too much going on.

I've never understood the fascination people from Indiana have with gyms. It's ironic because most of the metro area's high schools are suburban in nature with very little emphasis on the gym.
The fascination is based on history in basketball and the pride that went with it. Butler Fieldhouse, Hoosiers, and high school gyms from the past.
ragerunner1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #320
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
Exactly. The Metrodome is the most like an exact clone of the RCA Dome.

Metrodome:

Where as, no other football stadium in the NFL is built in a fieldhouse style. Also, I can't think of any other NFL stadium that will have a brick exterior. Truly unique.
Haha, theres also a clocktower where ours would be.

Tags
indianapolis