daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #161
aavmarine

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
So the temporary supports for the eastern truss are coming down. Anyone know what part(s) of the stadium the crew is (are) working on now?
As our company has part of the cement contract (almost is over), I know that some of the crews are putting in smaller steps between the regular steps on the aisles. Plus, for the last couple of weeks we have only been working in the bowl and the entrance is on the south side, and I have not been on the north side in awhile, please tell me that is a different color metal they are using on the press box and not new metal that is not already rusted? If it is a different color, then why are they using it, instead of the regular black metal?

Two cool links: http://iccrd.com/stdm/index.aspx
http://www.in.gov/iscba/media/webcam.html/
aavmarine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #162
aavmarine

Went to the stadium yesterday to pour two loads out of 10 loads. We pulled up to the pump truck and unloaded. From there, they would pump it up all the way to the top to the press box. I'm thinking they were putting in the floor. It took 90 cubic yds. I found out that the steel (that is red) is really rusted (at least that is what one of the guys said), but that they are going to put a protective coating all over them. Also, they have flattened out the south side of the stadium. It looks like they are getting ready to start on the parking lot.
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:07 AM   #163
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by aavmarine View Post
Went to the stadium yesterday to pour two loads out of 10 loads. We pulled up to the pump truck and unloaded. From there, they would pump it up all the way to the top to the press box. I'm thinking they were putting in the floor. It took 90 cubic yds. I found out that the steel (that is red) is really rusted (at least that is what one of the guys said), but that they are going to put a protective coating all over them. Also, they have flattened out the south side of the stadium. It looks like they are getting ready to start on the parking lot.
Thank you for the update. Bad news about the rusted steel. Will that weaken the roof structure? Good news about starting the parking lot.
hoosier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #164
aavmarine

No, that wouldn't weaken the roof. I don't know if I believe that guy that told me that. I hope we are not spending $700 million on rusted steel. When I think about it, I think that the steel has already been sprayed with the protective coating, and it just so happens to be the color red.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:31 AM   #165
hoosier

From the webcam the contruction crew looks to be doing some landscaping work at the north entrance. They have flattened the dirt and cleaned up the area a bit.
Old July 8th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #166
aavmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochie View Post
Are you sure it's not just cor-ten steel?
Never heard of it, but I guess it could be that. I just asked the guy at the pump and that is what he told me. I do know being that close to it is pretty awesome. You couldn't imagine how big it really is until you are right up by the doors. It looks like they will have patios on the 2nd or 3rd floor that people can go out and overlook the sides. When I was at the pump, some of the construction workers were hanging out on it.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #167
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

NaptownBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:16 AM   #168
hoosier

Looks like the concrete bowl is finally done. Does anyone know what those steel structures are by the north entrance along South Street?
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #169
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

wow, its coming along so fast! :O
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:14 AM   #170
Goose

HUGE

I was by the LOS this afternoon and I cannot believe how massive this stadium really is compared to the RCA dome,It literally takes over the whole skyline from I70 from the south,I just hope some new buildings can come later and fill in some gaps in the skyline,but what an addition to dt this will be.
Goose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 02:52 AM   #171
aavmarine

Quote:
Looks like the concrete bowl is finally done. Does anyone know what those steel structures are by the north entrance along South Street?
Those are to support the steel trussels for the roof or they might be used for the steel in the window. They put them together on the ground, then raise them up.
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #172
hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by aavmarine View Post
Those are to support the steel trussels for the roof or they might be used for the steel in the window. They put them together on the ground, then raise them up.
OK thanks. Do you know when work will begin on the retractable window?
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #173
kcmetro
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

When's the completion date? Next summer?
kcmetro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #174
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

It's possible the Luke will be completed earlier, but the Drum Corp International 2008 Championship is scheduled to be the first event:

"With the 2008 Drum Corps International World Championships currently scheduled as the first event to be held in the new Lucas Oil Stadium, we will be integrally involved with the creation of the standards for acoustics in the facility."

The championship is scheduled for August 5 - 9, 2008. They also have a back-up location of Memorial Stadium at IU if the stadium isn't completed. I don't understand why they wouldn't just use the RCA Dome as the backup. It's not scheduled for demolition until the Luke is finished, right? At the very least, I'm sure the Colts need it as their back-up.
CorrND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #175
hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrND View Post
It's possible the Luke will be completed earlier, but the Drum Corp International 2008 Championship is scheduled to be the first event:

"With the 2008 Drum Corps International World Championships currently scheduled as the first event to be held in the new Lucas Oil Stadium, we will be integrally involved with the creation of the standards for acoustics in the facility."

The championship is scheduled for August 5 - 9, 2008. They also have a back-up location of Memorial Stadium at IU if the stadium isn't completed. I don't understand why they wouldn't just use the RCA Dome as the backup. It's not scheduled for demolition until the Luke is finished, right? At the very least, I'm sure the Colts need it as their back-up.
I believe the plan is tear down the Dome as early as April of 2008 to start contruction on the Convention Center as soon as possible.

By August, the Dome will be in several MILLION pieces.
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #176
aavmarine

Quote:
OK thanks. Do you know when work will begin on the retractable window?
By the end of the summer they will start on the retractable glass window. In October they will start on the retractable roof. Here is the link:

http://www.in.gov/iscba/media/webcam.html/
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #177
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
I believe the plan is tear down the Dome as early as April of 2008 to start contruction on the Convention Center as soon as possible.

By August, the Dome will be in several MILLION pieces.
And I'm going to try and grab one as a souvenir. I was successful in grabbing a chunk of concrete from MSA six years ago.

What I want to know is how the building will be brought down. There are rumors that a implosion/wrecking ball combination will be used.
NaptownBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #178
Paintrain

how could they implode it with the icc being right next to it
Paintrain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #179
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
how could they implode it with the icc being right next to it
yah, then theres also pam am plaza, st.johns cathedral,
people would be pissed if a shot of concrete busted the rose window.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #180
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

HAH!

Im SUCH an idiot! When you said ICC i thought it was ice... Like the ice in the ice-rink right across the street! Damn, that was dumb.

Tags
indianapolis