daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2007, 05:21 AM   #1
Sexas
Whole Other Country

Likes (Received): 2

AUSTIN | Projects & Construction

(Text from Urbanaustin)

Some construction photo around Austin today, I start this thread with:

Altavida - Residential 416 ft. 37 floors 2008
The Hannover Company and MetLife Inc. are developing a $90 million, 37-story apartment tower on the half-block lot just west of 100 Congress. The tower will include street level retail, 115 one-bed units, 135 two-bedroom units, five penthouses and 3 live/work units fronting César Chávez St. Average units will be roughly 1,400 s/f and run $2,800 per month.

Today

AMLI II - Residential 225 ft. 18 floors 2008
Morgan Stanley Real Estate's Prime Property Fund (PRIME), formerly AMLI Residential Properties Trust, is constructing an 18-story, 231-unit apartment tower at 421 W. 3rd. Street (site known as Block 22). This $44 million project will also include 47,000 sq. ft. of retail in two levels along 2nd Street as well as above-grade parking.

Today

360 Condominiums - Residential 563 ft. 44 floors 2008
360, a 44-story, 581-foot tall condominium tower will have 432 condominium units and 15,000 s.f. of retail/restaurant space. The project is being developed by Atlanta-based Novare Group Holdings LLP and Austin's Andrews Urban LLP.

Today

Bridges On The Park - Residential 6 floors 2007
The six-story condominium building will include 105 condominiums, an outdoor pool, courtyards and 9,000 square feet of street-level retail. The Paggi House restaurant, housed in a 160-year-old building, will be incorporated into the project. Units will cost from the upper $200,000s for an 850-square-foot unit to about $550,000 for 1,650 square feet. A second phase, with more condos and shops, could begin in several years on land now home to Taco Cabana.

Today

....and the Intel implosion (I think AMD will buy it AS-IS...just to make fun of Intel LOL!)

it will become this: New Federal Courthouse

Feel free to add more

Last edited by Sexas; March 7th, 2007 at 09:30 AM.
Sexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #2
xAKxRUSx

Likes (Received): 7021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexas View Post
360 Condominiums - Residential 563 ft. 44 floors 2008
Really like that.

Everything else though...is meh.
xAKxRUSx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #3
Sexas
Whole Other Country

(Pictures from Mopacs over that the SkyscraperPage, text from Urbanaustin)
Monarch - Residential 314 ft. 29 floors 2007
ZOM Texas, Inc. is developing a 305-unit luxury high rise rental project in Austin, Texas. Located in Austin’s Market District, overlooking Shoal Creek, The Monarch will be the city’s first luxury rental high-rise. The building complex will feature residential units as well as 9,000 square feet of street-level retail. The residential units will be housed in a 29-story high-rise tower, with an adjacent four-story structure houning the retail shops and carpark. Groundbreaking took place on June 23, 2006.

The Shore - Residential 257 ft. 22 floors 2008
High Street Residential Inc., a subsidiary of Trammwll Crow Co., is developing a $55 million, 22-story project in Austin's new Waterfront District. This project will include 192 luxury condominiums units including 3 live/work townhomes fronting the 5 story parking garage. Initial prices ranged from $145,000 to $1.35 million. This project will be linked to JMI Realty LLC's and Kimpton Hotels & Resorts (Hotel Van Zandt)development.

The Long Performing Airts Center
In November 1998, Austin voters approved a plan to allow the Palmer Auditorium, built in 1959 on the shores of Town Lake, to be renovated into a multi-venue community performing arts center by a nonprofit entity then known as Arts Center Stage. The original plan was a four-venue, $110 million construction project, but due to a three-year economic recession, the Long Center re-scaled its project. On October 24, 2003, a new plan was unveiled that would include an initial two-theatre facility for $77 million, including hard and soft construction costs, operating capital through its inaugural year, and a $10 million endowment. The "Adaptive Re-use" project will be built in two phases - Phase I now under construction at South First Street & Riverside Drive and Phase II to be built in the near future consisting of the Topfer Theatre and a Recital/Rehearsal Hall. The Long Center is scheduled to open in March of 2008.
Additionally, the Long Center is an exciting recycling project that allows for 65% of the old Palmer Auditorium to be reused in the new facility. Overall an astounding 97.6% of materials removed from the old structure, including steel, concrete and dirt will be reused elsewhere.

West Campus/University area

The Domain
The Domain and Domain Crossing are part of a grand redevelopment initiative that will reshape a 238-acre portion of north central Austin. Austin-based Endeavor Real Estate Group is steering this project with the help of Simon Property group in the retail portion. The 87-acre, 1,475,000 square foot, mixed-use project is slated to open on March 9, 2007 (The Domain-Phase 1), spring 2008 (Domain Crossing) & late 2008 (The Domain-Phase II).
The 57-acre, $246 million first phase of The Domain will feature 700,000 square feet of luxury, couture, contemporary fashion and restaurant space. It will cater to Austin's affluent population with luxury retailers like the city's very first Neiman Marcus. Additionally, the upscale, main street center will feature a Macy's, 14 first-class restaurants, 75,000 square feet of Class A office space, 390 high-end apartments, entertainment venues and Austin's first Westin Hotel.
As of January, 2007, the initial phase of The Domain stands at more than 95 percent leased. Some of the 70+ retailers joining anchors Neiman Marcus and Macy's...
The Domain's initial phase will also feature 14 restaurants. Several have already signed on as tenants including Austin’s second McCormick & Schmick's (summer 2007) & Fleming's (fall 2007) locations, Joe DiMaggio's Italian Chophouse, California Pizza Kitchen, Daily Grill, Jasper’s, Kona Grill, and NoRTH (summer 2007). The lounge, Martini Park, has also signed on as a tenant. Simon is also negotiating with Pauli Moto's Asia Bistro (co-owned by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto) for a location in The Domain's first or second phase.
The second part of Phase I, which is expected to come online in 2008, is going to add 50,000 square feet of retail, three restaurants and Austin's first Westin Hotel.
The adjacent 30-acre Domain Crossing will also be designed as an upscale main street center. This 350,000 square foot development will include an anchor tenant, more restaurants, entertainment venues and a movie theater. In addition, a 70,000 square foot flagship Whole Foods Market is being planned next to the Domain Crossing.
Endeavor Real Estate Group's 178-acre Phase II of the Domain project will encompass an additional 7.5 million square feet of space (1.2 million sq. ft. of retail, 3.5 to 4 million sq. ft. of office, and 4,000 to 6,000 apartments and condominiums). Building heights will be between two and 26 stories (max: 308 ft.). Phase II is planned to break ground in the summer of 2007 and has a total build-out time of approximately 15 years.
Over the next 25 to 30 years, the City of Austin is envisioning the 2,243-acre Gateway/North Burnet planning area to be one of high-density, mixed-use developments which will include some 82,000 residents; 41,000 apartment, condo and townhome units (0 single-family homes); and in excess of 51,500 jobs.

Old March 7th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #4
drmadham

Likes (Received): 1

finally some austin representation. theres a lot going on here - cant wait for the Nueces to be done
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #5
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexas View Post
(Pictures from Mopacs over that the SkyscraperPage, text from Urbanaustin)
Monarch - Residential 314 ft. 29 floors 2007
ZOM Texas, Inc. is developing a 305-unit luxury high rise rental project in Austin, Texas. Located in Austin’s Market District, overlooking Shoal Creek, The Monarch will be the city’s first luxury rental high-rise. The building complex will feature residential units as well as 9,000 square feet of street-level retail. The residential units will be housed in a 29-story high-rise tower, with an adjacent four-story structure houning the retail shops and carpark. Groundbreaking took place on June 23, 2006.

T<snip>]
I was wondering what that was. That looks pretty cool.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:05 AM   #6
Sexas
Whole Other Country

And here is the rest approved building all start this year: (Text and pictures are all from Urban Austin.)

Fifth & Congress
a 47-story, almost one-million-square-foot, mixed-use tower at the corner of Fifth and Congress. The tower is planned to include several retail outlets, office space and/or hotel, and 180-200 luxury condominium units. The 700+ foot-tall project will be the city's tallest building and the most ambitious downtown mixed-use project to date. "Fifth & Congress," which the project is being dubbed, is designed by the world-renowned architecture firm of Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects.
Floors: 47
Height: ~705'(~215m) - 750'(~229m)
Square Footage: 925,000 (requested zoning would allow for 1.1+ million s/f)
Start: 2Q 2007
Finish: Mid-2009
Developers: T. Stacy & Associates

Marriott Convention Complex
the hotel has announced plans for a $185 million project at the corner of Congress Avenue and Second Street. White Lodging Services Corp. wants to build a complex of three separate hotel towers, the largest of which will be a 26-story, 650-room Marriott. An 11-story, 200-room upscale boutique Renaissance Hotel and a 15-story, 150-room Springhill Suites by Marriott will also be part of the development. The hotels, slated for completion in summer 2009, will include retail space fronting Second Street.
Floors: 26, 15 & 11
Height: N/A
Square Footage: 1,000,000+
Start: Late 2007
Finish: Summer 2009
Developers: White Lodging Services Corp.

Four Seasons Residences
Austin-based Ardent Residential has teamed up with Atlanta-based Post Properties Inc. in resurrecting plans to develop the Four Seasons Residences near Town Lake. The proposed 38-story development will include 251 apartments (on levels 8-24), 72 condominiums (on levels 25-38) and 6,000 s/f of street-level retail
Floors: 38
Height: ~380'(~116m) - 472'(~144m)
Square Footage: ~550,000
Start: 2Q 2007
Finish: 1Q 2009
Developers: Ardent Residential & Post Properties Inc.

CLB Condo
Dallas-based CLB Partners, Ltd. has announced plans to construct a $50+ million, 32-story luxury condo tower at 605-615 W. 7th Street (the southeast corner of W. 7th Street and Rio Grande; just behind Katz's Deli). The 158 units in the proposed structure will be priced between the upper $200s to more than $4 million for the 5,000+ sq. ft. penthouse. This project will also include roughly 7,300 sq. ft. of ground-level retail space.
Floors: 32
Height: 395' (120.4m)
Square Footage: N/A
Start: August/September 2007
Finish: 3Q 2009
Developers: CLB Partners, Ltd

Spring <---I going to get a unit on this one
A March 2007 groundbreaking is planned for the 41-story, $70+ million Spring condominium development in Austin's Market District, two blocks south of Whole Foods Market's world headquarters and flagship store. The project project is designed by Vancouver, BC-based Rafii Architects Inc. Plans call for ground-level retail and 260 units, priced from under $200,000 to $400,000 (with most units selling for around $250,000).
Floors: 41
Height: 400'(~122m) - 455'(~138.7m)
Square Footage: 250,000
Start: March 2007
Finish: 4Q 2008
Developers: Spring Austin Partners Ltd.

Seaholm Redevelopment
Seaholm Power LLC will begin construction on a new, 22-story tower this Fall (2007).

The "Seaholm Plaza Hotel" and residences will kick-start the 436,000 square foot, $100 million Seaholm Power redevelopment project. The 160-room hotel will occupy floors 1-6 and the 60 condominiums will be located on floors 7-22. Additional features include converting the Art-Deco power plant into 99,000 s/f of retail, restaurant, office, meeting and event space. Other elements include a two-story, 62,000 sq. ft. office building behind the plant and 3 acres of green space (including landscaped plazas).
Floors: 22
Height: N/A
Square Footage: 436,000 (275,000 for hotel and condo structure)
Start: Fall 2007
Finish: Mid 2009
Developers: Seaholm Power, LLC: Southwest Strategies Group, Inc. (entertainment and retail), Centro Partners Development (residential), La Corsha Hospitality Group (hotel)

Austonian
Benchmark Land Development Inc. plans to break ground in 2007 on a $200 million mixed-use tower at the northwest corner of Second Street and Congress Avenue. The 700 foot-tall tower's 195 luxury condominiums units will be priced from $500,000, for a 1,200 sq. ft. unit, to over $1 million for the penthouses.

Designed by Ziegler Cooper Architects of Houston, the building will be an elliptical glass and masonry tower atop a lush garden deck, with a pool area overlooking Congress Avenue. The building will be topped with an illuminated architectural feature.

In addition to a concierge and valet service, the building will offer residents workout facilities and a private area for meetings or parties on the top two floors. Also included will be a spa, movie-theater room, conference center, guest suites, game room, dog park and other amenities. A retail component will also be included on the building's ground level.
Floors: 55
Height: 700'(~213.5m)
Square Footage: 500,000
Start: Summer 2007
Finish: 3Q or 4Q 2009
Developers: Second Congress Ltd (an affiliate of Benchmark Land Development, Inc.)

W Hotel & Residences Austin
Stratus Properties and Starwood Hotels & Resorts plan to break ground in June 2007 on their 1,000,000 sq. ft., $225 million mixed-use project on Block 21 (the lot to the immediate north of the Austin City Hall). Plans for the 36-story project call for the lower levels to house 27,000 sq. ft. of retail & restaurant space, a new 30,000 s/f Austin Childrens Museum (NW corner) and a $15 million, 2,000-capacity “ACL Studio Theater” soundstage & House of Blues-style club (SE corner); The 4th floor will contain the full-service Sweat fitness center, a 7,000 s/f Bliss spa, two pools and rooftop garden; the lower tower floors will be the W's 250 hotel rooms; and the upper tower floors will contain the 206 W Residences. Additionally, 750 parking spaces will be provided on 3 levels of below-grade parking and a 10,000 s/f outdoor plaza at 2nd & Lavaca Sts. will also be included within this project.
Floors: 36
Height: 433' (132m)
Square Footage: 1,000,000
Start: June 2007
Finish: 4Q 2009
Developers: Stratus Properties Inc. and Starwood Hotels & Resorts

WE ARE "MINI DUBAI" IN TEXAS!!

Last edited by Sexas; March 8th, 2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #7
FM 2258

I love the Austonian building but to be honest that 5th and Congress building looks damn ugly. It looks like it's about to fall over. I think straightening that shit up and squaring off the top will make it look much, much better. I was downtown over the weekend and was amazed at our local skyscraper construction. Plus there are lots of beautiful women in Downtown Austin. I love it.

You are right about "MINI DUBAI" in Austin, TX. I've never seen so many skyscrapers go up at once. Also with more people coming into town we're getting more night clubs which are pretty hot. I also love our new tollway system since it's coming online relatively fast.
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #8
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 357

I agree, the fifth and congress building by Pelli looks like crap and doesnt do justice or even fit well with the cool looking frost bank tower beside it.

Seems like Austin is on a course to becoming a completely changed place in a couple of years!
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #9
wiki

Likes (Received): 18

nice proyects
wiki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #10
drmadham

Likes (Received): 1

i actually like the 5th and Congress a lot. but its true, i cant believe how fast austin is changing. its gonna be so different in a few years. i hope it doesnt lose its "little town" feeling, tho.
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #11
Sexas
Whole Other Country

If base on floor plan I like Spring, the design are good, rooms are square (unlike someother tower...). But if I need to base on the look I like Austonian, the building just WOW, it start at high $500K plus 1000 service fee... just too much for me. The location of Sping is on the eage of the Austin skyline, you can enjoy the whole skyline from Spring tower and the town lake just one block away, the price is right (low $200...don't know the service fee yet), Once they are start to sale, I sure go check Spring out.

5th & Congress is good for Austin, we do need an iconic building for Austin, something people will talk about for the next 10 years (LOL) like ESB for NYC, BOC for Hong Kong... I'm happy we are finally getting one.

I go take pictures of Domain! I live acorss the street...hehe they are getting ready to open this weekend.

The one I don't like that much is the Seaholm Redevelopment, if you really look at the plan you can tell they don't really try intergrating the design with the landmark power plant. The power plant is Art Deco...and the urgy new building is "de artco" rrrrrrrrright.

Last edited by Sexas; March 8th, 2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #12
FM 2258

I think 5th & Congress would look better if it wasn't going to be the tallest in Austin. A nice looking 1000ft building next to it would make it fit much better in the skyline in my opinion. Like most buildings I've seen on here, the actual building tends to look much better than the renderings.
Old March 10th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #13
Sexas
Whole Other Country

The Domain Open Today!

It just open this moring 03-09-2007

LOOK Mini-LV!

New Spokksman for LV

We getting an Oakville!!

The apartment behide the shopping area, look nice

Old April 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #14
Sexas
Whole Other Country

From yesterday walking around Town Lake...sorry it is from my cell phone, it look little on the yellow side.

Old April 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #15
Sexas
Whole Other Country

MetroRail Train Complete, Ready For Testing
from KXAN March 28, 2007

If you're sick and tired of battling traffic day and night, there's some good news. The Capital MetroRail is almost here. This is the first of six urban commuter rail trains just finished in Switzerland.
Each train will hold 200 passengers, along with places to put bikes and luggage.
The MetroRail is expected to start in late 2008 and will run from Leander to Downtown Austin. They plan to start testing out the tracks in the next few weeks.
The first train testing will begin in the fall.

Old April 5th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #16
KoolKeatz
█████████

Likes (Received): 102

how big is austin?! the streetpics look like taken in a really small city but these skysraperplans are great!
KoolKeatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 06:22 AM   #17
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Likes (Received): 33

Austin has about 690,000 in the city and 1.5 in the metro. Great medium sized city. I love Austin.
TexasBoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #18
KoolKeatz
█████████

Likes (Received): 102

not small. thank u. austin isnt a city u hear from anything over here.
KoolKeatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #19
Sexas
Whole Other Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKeatz View Post
how big is austin?! the streetpics look like taken in a really small city but these skysraperplans are great!
By land size, the five counties that make up the metro Austin area — Travis, Williamson, Hays, Bastrop and Caldwell — sprawl across 4,200 square miles. By population, the five counties are home to more than 1.4 million people, it break down like this:

Population
2005: 670,726
Growth 2000-05: 2%
2010: 690,438
Growth 2005-10: 3%

Female: 48%

Race/ethnicity*
White/Caucasian: 63%
Hispanic: 35%
African American: 9%
Asian: 5%
Other race: 19%
Two or more races: 3%

Marital status
Married (of age 15+): 47%
Single, never married (of age 15+): 39%
Widowed or divorced (of age 15+): 14%

Education
Age 25+ with less than a high school diploma: 17%
Age 25+ with a high school diploma: 17%
Age 25+ with some college: 21%
Age 25+ with an associate degree: 5%
Age 25+ with a bachelor's degree or more: 40%

Households
Population per household: 2.5
Average household income: $47,710
Owner occupied: 45%
Renter occupied: 55%
Households with children: 27%
Median home value: $147,125

Austin has been ranked as one of the best city to live, best for singles, the fittest, most wired, most green-powered and most literate cities in the country... High education, high income and high single status make this city a very livable place. I will say Austin is a fast growing and dynamic city surrounded by not-so-small towns (San Antonio: 1 hours, Houston: 2 hours, DFW: 3 hours) a small town feel city filled with eclectic neighborhoods that appeal to people of all type from music loving, high-tech geek to health nut.
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:15 AM   #20
Talbot
3rd Coast

Likes (Received): 14

Austin is growing in tremendous lengths. Another great city for us Texans to be proud of!
Talbot no está en línea   Reply With Quote