daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #221
IndyTypeGuy

Likes (Received): 0

I'd like to see the city give up about $10 mil a year for the next 3 years to subsidize airline rent. Maybe bring rent down to what it was at the old terminal. I think that would give the airport a great boost and even provide a shot in the arm to the local economy by making IND a more appealing place to fly to. That should hopefully get us through the recession.
IndyTypeGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #222
IndyTypeGuy

Bad news continues to come in for IND. NW ends TPA on April 1st and SEA and SFO do not come back this summer. As for now the only west coast service we'll have is LAX and who knows how long that will last. We have LAS but I call that almost west coast.
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #223
IndyTypeGuy

I know I've been hard on IND when it comes to some flaws in the terminal design. But they have worked to fix one of my biggest complaints and that is the clutter that blocked the flow of traffic out of the concourses. They've cleaned that up and it is much easier to move out. They are one sign away from really improving the passenger flow out of the concourse. They need a ceiling sign right next to the point where people exit security to go to the concourse. There is a sign over the security exit saying to not enter. They need one next to it along the longer walk. One side pointing straight to the concourse exit and one next to it pointing straight to the other concourse. That will help keep people moving. When you get to the security exit now you just feel like you are going the wrong way. If you watch people not familiar with the airport you'll see they seem a bit confused as where to go. I think the extra sign will get the to civic plaza and from there it is easy to find baggage claim.

I've flown out of IND twice now in a week and TSA has been great. They have been very friendly and the flow through security has been fast. I would say the new security checkpoint at IND is the best I've seen. I will be going through two more times in the next 8 days so we'll see if that continues.

BTW 96th St. Steak Burgers are really good. I think I am going to give Wolfgang Puck's a try tomorrow.
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #224
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

Congrats to IND on being named by JD Powers and Associates as the number one ranked airport in the country in overall customer satisfaction. Here is a link to the story:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...r-satisfaction

Also --- a link to the full rankings can be found here:

http://www.jdpower.com/
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:04 PM   #225
SkywlkrSnd

Likes (Received): 1

Anyone know that status of the terminal's LEED certification?
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #226
cailes

Likes (Received): 102

An excellent piece of artwork going up in the terminal

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...portation-past
cailes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
indianapolis