daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Seattle



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #661
mhays
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 10,860
Likes (Received): 668

I'm probably wrong about the credit record thing. But developers (mine at least) are certainly trying to write the agreements to keep people from thinking backing out is that easy. At minimum, the marketing firm, the developer, and your presale lender would form opinions of you, based on the idea that you signed an agreement to buy and didn't honor it. Of course I'm talking about the people who backed out intentionally rather than attempting to close.
mhays no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old December 31st, 2008, 08:13 AM   #662
data
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
Likes (Received): 0

We are still planning to close.

If you bought a unit to flip it, your probably rightly nervous.

I wholeheartedly agree about being able to see the building, When I explain to friends and relatives that we are spending as much as we are, and we are not even able to see the unit we are buying, they are absolutely shocked at how ridiculous that sounds, and then proceed to tell me to back out.

I do fear that if many people back out, cant close, etc the buidlings value ( including my unit ) will end up suffering in some way or another.

williams marketing... your buyers are nervous!!!

Last edited by data; December 31st, 2008 at 05:26 PM.
data no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 01:57 AM   #663
TheBellevueBoss
Registered User
 
TheBellevueBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 880
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea~Condos View Post
They had those buyers all resign the contract. Otherwise, after two years, those buyers could have walked.
I signed well over two years ago...
TheBellevueBoss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM   #664
Seasun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,364
Likes (Received): 184

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/reo/977051832.html

This might have been the aforementioned Craigslist ad.
"...The 26th floor is just above the other buildings to the north, so you can see all of Lake Union and the seaplanes flying in and out daily..."

This sentence seems misleading at best given that you'd probably be seeing Lake Union through a slot between the Cosmopolitan and Aspira towers. At least the Cosmo is completed and the Aspira is far enough along that prospective buyers can see for themselves.

Last edited by Seasun; January 2nd, 2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: corrected statement after looking at maps.google
Seasun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM   #665
Seattle FTW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 476
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasun View Post
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/reo/977051832.html

This might have been the aforementioned Craigslist ad.
"...The 26th floor is just above the other buildings to the north, so you can see all of Lake Union and the seaplanes flying in and out daily..."

This sentence seems misleading at best given that you'd probably be seeing Lake Union through a slot between the Cosmopolitan and Aspira towers. At least the Cosmo is completed and the Aspira is far enough along that prospective buyers can see for themselves.


I dunno which angle you're looking from, however I remember on the tour last year it was a pretty clear view...
Seattle FTW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:58 AM   #666
blackc5
Registered User
 
blackc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 493
Likes (Received): 17

We are still planning to close on our 2BD. I agree if I had bought to flip or sell quick I might be nervous, but I am about 95% sure we will be staying in our unit for at least 5 years. Overall, I am pretty happy with how it is all coming together, although I do wish we would receive more photo updates of what is going on in the interior. Even raw construction photos are pretty cool to see. Nevertheless, I cant wait to move in!

As for the view to the north from the 26th, I believe it should have a pretty good view. Just go down to SLU park or Gas Works and look back at O8 and you can tell even with Aspira going up it is a pretty wide view. Using Google maps you can draw a line and see that Aspira will only block perhaps the right-most edge of the lake view - around the area the house boats are...
blackc5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:02 AM   #667
blackc5
Registered User
 
blackc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 493
Likes (Received): 17

Ah, perhaps this is better to explain. A photo from the April tour from the 27th floor:



Note that Cosmo is just barely in the shot on the left, and you can see what Aspira will block from its initial steel work. Also of note is that the future 50-ish story hotel on the Greyhound site will only block a bit of the QA hill view.
blackc5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:10 AM   #668
Seattlelife
Registered User
 
Seattlelife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle/Brooklyn
Posts: 4,253
Likes (Received): 243



That is a beautiful shot. I love Seattle!!!
__________________
Supersonics Belong in Seattle


Sonicsgate, a must see! Just click and watch.
http://www.sonicsgate.org/
Seattlelife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:11 AM   #669
mhays
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 10,860
Likes (Received): 668

The 50-story hotel might be in the center of that view.

At a location like that, sooner or later the view is the city.
mhays no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:43 AM   #670
data
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackc5 View Post
We are still planning to close on our 2BD. I agree if I had bought to flip or sell quick I might be nervous, but I am about 95% sure we will be staying in our unit for at least 5 years. Overall, I am pretty happy with how it is all coming together, although I do wish we would receive more photo updates of what is going on in the interior. Even raw construction photos are pretty cool to see. Nevertheless, I cant wait to move in!

As for the view to the north from the 26th, I believe it should have a pretty good view. Just go down to SLU park or Gas Works and look back at O8 and you can tell even with Aspira going up it is a pretty wide view. Using Google maps you can draw a line and see that Aspira will only block perhaps the right-most edge of the lake view - around the area the house boats are...
I am happy to see you will be moving in! I am excited about moving in as well, but a little anxious too. Not to be too picky but I was just thinking about the blue glass of the balconies being so dark as to obstruct the view, something I had never even considered.


Does a buidling get a certificate of occupancy all at once, or can some floors have it while others dont?
I assume they cant get a c.o. without balcony railings?
data no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM   #671
Seasun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,364
Likes (Received): 184

There can be a staged CofO process. Temporary CofO's are also common. I'm not too familiar with the details but you work out the details with the Fire Marshalls people and your DPD building inspector. My guess is that you can get the hotel TCO and then later the condo TCO and then when everything is complete - a single overall CO.

I think that overnight sleeping occupancy (hotel in this case) must raise a lot more concerns than say an office occupancy. The way systems interact (fire alarm, shaft pressurization fans and elevators for example) can be challenging to coordinate for a partial CO if not thought out well in advance.

And I would certainly think that deck railings are needed before the condos get TCO!
Seasun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM   #672
mhays
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 10,860
Likes (Received): 668

Typically they'll get TCO for each floor (or group of floors) in progression, after that floor is 100% complete aside from non-essential punchlist. Safety items like railings are not negotiable.

Hotels tend to open all at once, but they can still benefit from TCOs. They can get occupancy of the lower floors for installation of furniture and equipment, as well as training. Even if they don't open until final CO, the early TCO can allow them to be ready to open immediately. They can then continue to move in furniture, train, etc., on the upper floors after they're open.

I've lived at Gallery since mid-October. Today was the first day I've used the south elevator without an Operating Engineer's help...in other words, they just finished major construction and no longer need one elevator as a man & material hoist. They've taken that long since TCO on 6, in a 13-story building.
mhays no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #673
Seattle FTW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 476
Likes (Received): 1

O8 buyers -

Have any of you received any emails/updates the last few days?

Reason I ask is because good old Stroupey has throw some pictures on his blog which he says were passed down to him from someone.

http://www.stroupecondoblog.com/2009...live-8-photos/



Does it bother any of you guys that the photo updates we see are from people outside the project? Finding them on random blogs?

I think as buyers WM would put a little effort into passing such updates to us directly. I looked all over the website and the last photo updates I found were from October. (maybe they are on there and I'm not finding them)

I'm not expecting a day by day update, or even a weekly thing. Just something once in awhile. How a "marketing" company can be so clueless about keeping their buyers happy, informed, and excited about their purchase in an environment like this totally blows me away.

What do you guys think?
Seattle FTW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #674
data
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle FTW View Post
O8 buyers -

Have any of you received any emails/updates the last few days?

Reason I ask is because good old Stroupey has throw some pictures on his blog which he says were passed down to him from someone.

http://www.stroupecondoblog.com/2009...live-8-photos/



Does it bother any of you guys that the photo updates we see are from people outside the project? Finding them on random blogs?

I think as buyers WM would put a little effort into passing such updates to us directly. I looked all over the website and the last photo updates I found were from October. (maybe they are on there and I'm not finding them)

I'm not expecting a day by day update, or even a weekly thing. Just something once in awhile. How a "marketing" company can be so clueless about keeping their buyers happy, informed, and excited about their purchase in an environment like this totally blows me away.

What do you guys think?
I do feel they could put more effort into keeping people excited about the project. I think that they feel they keep people interested throught buyer events, which Im pretty sure people attend just for the free food.
some actual updates about progress and some current photos would go a long way to keeping people happy in my opinion ( wo knows, maybe just me ). Given the current climate, I would think they would be jumping at the chance to keep people comfortable with their purchase. I must say that I have a had a good experience with the individual agents at the olive8 sales center, and I dont think they make the call about such things.
data no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #675
CityView Jim
Registered User
 
CityView Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,790
Likes (Received): 404

This is kinda cool:

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/r...ves/158849.asp
CityView Jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #676
blackc5
Registered User
 
blackc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 493
Likes (Received): 17

Nice shot of the green roof. Future aerials of O8 should look pretty cool.

I would love to see some more updates as well. They do have construction photos in the buyers section of the site, but they are only updated every few months. Hopefully now that the hotel is almost done we will see some photos coming out. Maybe even another buyer's tour at some point.

Oh, and I agree that all of the reps at the sales office are individually very nice and helpful.
blackc5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 02:59 AM   #677
Seattle FTW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 476
Likes (Received): 1

Yea, the individual sales reps are great.

I think a lot of it is out of their hands, but come on....how hard is it to snap a few pics every now and then?
Seattle FTW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:01 AM   #678
blackc5
Registered User
 
blackc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 493
Likes (Received): 17

For any that may have missed this article today:

http://www.djc.com/blogs/BuildingGre...of-at-olive-8/
blackc5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #679
CrazyAboutCities
Registered User
 
CrazyAboutCities's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 8,552
Likes (Received): 164

Love it! My only concern how will it grow since Olive8 is somehow covered by the shadow from few buildings surrounding it? I know that they do get enough sunshine at morning to around noon. When Ava and apartment tower get built, Olive8 might don't get enough sunshine to help plants to survive.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #680
jessejb
Registered User
 
jessejb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,254
Likes (Received): 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
Love it! My only concern how will it grow since Olive8 is somehow covered by the shadow from few buildings surrounding it? I know that they do get enough sunshine at morning to around noon. When Ava and apartment tower get built, Olive8 might don't get enough sunshine to help plants to survive.
They look like shade-type plants anyways. Theyll probly be fine. They better be since 8th and Pine's apartment building will probly be built before Ava and take out the noon sun for sure.
jessejb no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu