daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 9th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #1
Landaus60

Likes (Received): 2

Buildings/City Scenes That Pictures Can't Describe

Walking through city streets many times you pass buildings and cityscapes that a picture would have a hard time conveying the vibrancy and presence the that is the scene in real life.

This is not to say a picture can't but I've read in these forums many times that this " picture doesn't do that building justice".

Describe scenes that you feel are hard to photograph and try to explain what is missing that you can't feel or see in the picture.

Personally I live in Brooklyn and travel to Manhattan alot. I walk past scenes every day which amaze me , which I would find difficult to explain to someone looking at a picture of the exact same moment. Actually I think people who comment on pictures of NYC negatively can't comprehend the feeling it's buildings create when standing in the streets of Manhattan.

I'm going going to start by voting for the City Scene I view when I'm standing at Herald Square and looking North and watch as Broadway and Sixth Avenue split off. It's amazing to view the literal canyon of buildings that line both streets. It's a city scene that's hard to put into a picture.
I don't have a picture now but I will try to post one.
Landaus60 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #2
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

image hosted on flickr

In downtown Los Angeles, the towers at Cal Plaza are just beautiful. The theme of that area is water at it's everywhere. Fountains shoot up in the courtyard, there is a concert area where the stage is inside of a pool, there is also a pathway lined by lush trees, as well as a glass smooth pool, which leads to a museum and Otani hotel with a waterfall in the lobby. It is stunning in the early evening. Also, when you stand on the sidewalk and look up, the towers of Cal Plaza and the Wells Fargo Plaza across the street form a X in the sky. One of my favorite things to do there is sit on a bench, have a sandwich and a cigerratte, and just sit and relax. On hot summer nights, the towers create their own breezes and is very hard to capture the scene on film.
Old March 9th, 2007, 11:38 PM   #3
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

Third time I can post this picture of Neuschwanstein Castle. It's just too farytale to be true.
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote