daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #2001
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Err, 'Slovene' means the same as 'Slovenian', while 'Croatians' are citizens of Croatia, and 'Croats' is ethnicity, so he said nothing wrong. After all, why would Croats from America care about this road, when they don't even need it?

Have you even driven the road? Except for a few spots, you can do 120 km/h as far as pavement is concerned.

I don't know why there's so much criticizing in this thread (and only in this thread), even though we have one of the densest motorway networks in Europe. The funniest are Bosnians, who hardly have any motorway at all; so when will you build me a motorway to Sarajevo, so I can finally visit it normally?
My point was very clear and not harsh at all. I just had a feeling as it was some regional road where speed limit may be limited.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #2002
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

Croatian or Slovenian are adjectives in the first place. Sure as hell you can use either at any time, and say I am Croatian, but the only proper form is I am a Croat, unless you want to say I am a Croatian. I will tell you what, Italians or Serbs from Croatia never say they are Croatians, at least not that I know of. They obvisouly cannot be both at the same time, can they? When one of them becomes Croat(ian), he is no more an Italian or Serb, but a Croat, or as you've set your preference - Croatian. Same thing, bro.

Speaking of that fabulous road, it does look better than many roads around here. Don't bother fixing it up, those darn potholes will eventually find their way out.

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)

Last edited by bubach_hlubach; May 19th, 2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: add on
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #2003
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
I don't know why there's so much criticizing in this thread (and only in this thread), even though we have one of the densest motorway networks in Europe. The funniest are Bosnians, who hardly have any motorway at all; so when will you build me a motorway to Sarajevo, so I can finally visit it normally?
Pathetic as always, but let me explain you.
No one would criticized if you haven´t tried to represent situation on that road as a good and that there is no need for motorway,coz it is fast road 120kmh etc.
And that is just not true! It doesn´t have to do with anything else and especially not with Bosnian motorways. And it is disgusting to make such a stupid remarks about Bosnian roads as if you don´t know that GDP in BiH because of the war collapsed to 20%, that more than 100.000 people died and that millions fled the country!
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #2004
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1039

Why do you have to travel to Bosnia by car? Come on. Get on a plane and enjoy.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #2005
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
In Canada, no one drives car?
Everybody is taking plane?
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #2006
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
My point was very clear and not harsh at all. I just had a feeling as it was some regional road where speed limit may be limited.
I know how shitty the Trans Canada Highway looks like, don't bother explaining how your local roads are like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubach_hlubach View Post
Croatian or Slovenian are adjectives in the first place. Sure as hell you can use either at any time, and say I am Croatian, but the only proper form is I am a Croat, unless you want to say I am a Croatian. I will tell you what, Italians or Serbs from Croatia never say they are Croatians, at least not that I know of. They obvisouly cannot be both at the same time, can they? When one of them becomes Croat(ian), he is no more an Italian or Serb, but a Croat, or as you've set your preference - Croatian. Same thing, bro.
I don't know about Croat-Croatian, it's what I've heard from Croat(ian)s, as for Slovene-Slovenian, click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
Pathetic as always, but let me explain you.
No one would criticized if you haven´t tried to represent situation on that road as a good and that there is no need for motorway,coz it is fast road 120kmh etc.
Where did I say there was no need for a motorway?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #2007
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
I love traveling by car
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #2008
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Where did I say there was no need for a motorway?
Verso please go back and read all thread. No body was referring to you specifically.
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #2009
Krpan

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Err, 'Slovene' means the same as 'Slovenian', while 'Croatians' are citizens of Croatia, and 'Croats' is ethnicity, so he said nothing wrong. After all, why would Croats from America care about this road, when they don't even need it?

Have you even driven the road? Except for a few spots, you can do 120 km/h as far as pavement is concerned.

Motorway(densest) in Europe

Krpan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #2010
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Such lists are almost always incorrect. For instance, Spain had more, while the Netherlands had (and still has) less than what's on that list.

The density of Autobahnen is also not interesting. If you have a high density of autobahnen, it still doesn't says a thing about the actual capacity, for instance, the length of the networks may be similar, but what if the one network are mostly 8 lane freeways, and the other mostly 4 lanes? That's exactly what you don't see on those lists and maps.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #2011
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

capacity usage would be a better indicator: how many percent of the motorways and main roads are operated above say 70-80% their nominal capacity...

if this is zero, you have a perfect network...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #2012
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

If the usage would be 0% of the nominal capacity, either a nuclear bomb has been exploded, unemployment went to 100% or all population has died. Not really "perfect".

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; May 19th, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #2013
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

not the usage would be zero, but the percent of the roads which has not enough spare capacity...

if all of your trunk roads has enough spare capacity (say 20-30%), your network is perfect...

and this is a more sophisticated indicator than a simple usage-average value, because the latter smooths the anomalies: it creates a 70% value on a network of 100km 20% usage and 100km 120% usage roads...

but my indicator shows a 50% value, which means that half of your network has not enough capacity...

Last edited by H123Laci; May 19th, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #2014
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2301

I had no idea that Estonia has 99km of Autobahn.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #2015
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The density of Autobahnen is also not interesting. If you have a high density of autobahnen, it still doesn't says a thing about the actual capacity, for instance, the length of the networks may be similar, but what if the one network are mostly 8 lane freeways, and the other mostly 4 lanes? That's exactly what you don't see on those lists and maps.
That's interesting as far as costs are concerned (although 8-lane motorways in some countries can be cheaper than 4-laned in other countries), but if they have 8-lane motorways in Germany (though there aren't many), then traffic density is surely high, otherwise they'd have less lanes (except in North Korea). We simply don't need so wide motorways in Slovenia, so our network is IMO better, because we don't have many traffic jams. F.e. Dutch motorways are acutely overcrowded, with terrible jams, so they remind me more of expressways, as far as capacity is concerned (no offense, of course ).
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #2016
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
you are so silly. while we are talking about 60 km/ speed limits on that road, you say how barely there are some. on the other hand, while we're talking about bad condition parts, you say that i took photos of all of them. of course i didn't. and about 60 km/h speed limits - there are at least 7 or 8 of them. for 15 km of open road it is really many. as allways, you are adjusting facts just to make the bad things look better without any reality.
Speed limits is 90 km/h. Why only you Croatians can't learn that every speed limit in Slovenia is valid till first intersection, even it is very small and unimportant one? Just drive 100 km/h all the way like the rest of the folk do (this speed is comparable to speed limit to new motorway Krapina-Macelj).

And then just look on the other side of the border. Croatia repaved with high quality asphalt whole section from Macelj to Polje Krapinsko. And what did they do? They lowered speed limit to 60 km/h on ALL section although road is good for 100+ km/h. It rarely goes near any house so this speed limit is absurd.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #2017
pijanec

Quote:
again random one. large part of that road is under 60 km/h. just get used to it while you're there.
This speed limit is valid for 20 meters only. Are you blind or why can't you see 20 meters ahead if there is police or something? I found it funny that this kind of road is 90 km/h and majority of new Croatian motorways have 110 km/h.

Quote:
and a dirty one for the end. this part will be bypassed with motorway next year (or even this?). so if you won't want to buy a vignette, this will wait you. and ongoing days - you still have no alternative in expensive motorway - you must use this.
That part of the road was destroyed by trucks carrying material for new motorway. It will get repaved after all works are done.
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #2018
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
Speed limits is 90 km/h. Why only you Croatians can't learn that every speed limit in Slovenia is valid till first intersection, even it is very small and unimportant one? Just drive 100 km/h all the way like the rest of the folk do (this speed is comparable to speed limit to new motorway Krapina-Macelj).

And then just look on the other side of the border. Croatia repaved with high quality asphalt whole section from Macelj to Polje Krapinsko. And what did they do? They lowered speed limit to 60 km/h on ALL section although road is good for 100+ km/h. It rarely goes near any house so this speed limit is absurd.
it is just the same whether speed limit lasts for 300 or 500 metres while it isirritating and you simply have to slow down each 2 km.
for D1 from Macelj to Krapina i frankly don't know because since we have built motorway, i haven't used anything except it. in SLO i don't have alternative except this shit of road
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #2019
pijanec

And what difference is this to new Croatian motorway from Macelj to Krapina? You have to slow down every 1 km or so. 110-100-110-100-80-110-100-110-100. Sometimes even for 100 meters.
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #2020
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
majority of new Croatian motorways have 110 km/h.
You should get your eyes examed
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways