daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #2021
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
And what difference is this to new Croatian motorway from Macelj to Krapina? You have to slow down every 1 km or so. 110-100-110-100-80-110-100-110-100. Sometimes even for 100 meters.
you have to slow down at 6 tunnels which are impossible to avoid. at slovenian part it is possible to avoid intersections. and you are not decreasing you speed for 33% (as in SLO) , but less than 10%. or in absolute numbers difference is even better - 100 vs 60 km/h.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM   #2022
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezi View Post
You should get your eyes examed
Karlovac-Rijeka ... 110 or 100 km/h.
Istarski ipsilon - a lot of 80 km/h although road is 10 times better than our G9.
Macelj-Krapina - 80-110 km/h (if you are lucky then there is 40 km/h).
Rupa-Rijeka - speed limit 100 km/h starts very soon after the border crossing.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #2023
pijanec

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
you have to slow down at 6 tunnels which are impossible to avoid. at slovenian part it is possible to avoid intersections. and you are not decreasing you speed for 33% (as in SLO) , but less than 10%. or in absolute numbers difference is even better - 100 vs 60 km/h.
The problem is that the highest speed limit is only 110 km/h which is only 20 km/h higher than our G9 (dunno why there isn't 130 after tunnels as road is very straight and downhill). And your motorway is in great shape and great to drive on.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #2024
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Speed limits is 90 km/h. Why only you Croatians can't learn that every speed limit in Slovenia is valid till first intersection, even it is very small and unimportant one? Just drive 100 km/h all the way like the rest of the folk do (this speed is comparable to speed limit to new motorway Krapina-Macelj).
Don't you teach me the traffic rules, i know them very well.

Quote:
And then just look on the other side of the border. Croatia repaved with high quality asphalt whole section from Macelj to Polje Krapinsko. And what did they do? They lowered speed limit to 60 km/h on ALL section although road is good for 100+ km/h. It rarely goes near any house so this speed limit is absurd.
But there's the motorway as alternative, and for Slovenia a motorway there is pure SF...
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #2025
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
Karlovac-Rijeka ... 110 or 100 km/h.
Istarski ipsilon - a lot of 80 km/h although road is 10 times better than our G9.
Macelj-Krapina - 80-110 km/h (if you are lucky then there is 40 km/h).
Rupa-Rijeka - speed limit 100 km/h starts very soon after the border crossing.
Istarski ipsilon is not a Motorway

And other parts together dont have 100 km.
A1 Zagreb - Split - Ravča - 500 km, all 130 (100 in tunnels) km/h
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #2026
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

istarsky Y is not a motorway (i know it might be considered as a motorway in Slovenia, but here - sorry, no).
110 stretches: majority of A6, 15 km of A2, 20 km of A4, and some 10 km of A1 are under 80 (climbing to Velebit)so, about 10% of total lenght of motorways.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #2027
snupix

Croatian A6 is completely under 110 except the first kilometer after Bosiljevo. But they say the reason is that the road was designed for that speed, so apparently it can't be heightened.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #2028
pijanec

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
Croatian A6 is completely under 110 except the first kilometer after Bosiljevo. But they say the reason is that the road was designed for that speed, so apparently it can't be heightened.
Yeah, I know that design speed is 110 km/h. But design speed doesn't equal safe speed which you can easily notice if you drive 150 or more on 110 design speed roads.

There are some stretches of motorways in Slovenia with 110 design speed and speed limit is 130. Even more of them you have on S-roads in Austria and they keep speed limit of 130.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #2029
pijanec

Quote:
Don't you teach me the traffic rules, i know them very well.
I don't teach you traffic rules. But Croatians are always making remarks how speed limit is 60 km/h on the whole stretch of G9. So that means that they don't even know their own traffic rules as in Croatia is also speed limit valid only till first intersection.

Quote:
Članak 99.
Znakovi izričitih naredbi moraju se ponovno postaviti nakon svakoga križanja s drugom cestom ako izričita naredba vrijedi i poslije takvoga križanja.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #2030
snupix

Quote:
I don't teach you traffic rules. But Croatians are always making remarks how speed limit is 60 km/h on the whole stretch of G9. So that means that they don't even know their own traffic rules as in Croatia is also speed limit valid only till first intersection.
Well all that we (or I) are saying that this common limit ruins the whole average speed and feeling, and it shouldn't be the case on such an important route. You can't deny that.

And yes, the same rule exists here, and I didn't notice people don't know about it.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #2031
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

So all Croats complain about the road, whereas pijanec, who lives by it, doesn't. I guess different people have different opinions (surprise), so why try to convince each other of the opposite? It's like trying to convince someone that blue is an ugly color.

Last edited by Verso; May 19th, 2009 at 10:07 PM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #2032
pijanec

Quote:
You can't deny that.

And yes, the same rule exists here, and I didn't notice people don't know about it.
I agree this 60 signs are lame. There is even one on crossroad which no one ever use it.

But you should use G9 daily and you would see that mainly Croatians are driving 60 km/h all the way and causing traffic disturbances. You could also check few pages back where there were remarks from your people how speed limit is 60 all the way. So I assumed that they don't know there is exact the same rule in Croatia.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #2033
snupix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
So all Croats complain about the road, whereas pijanec, who lives by it, doesn't. I guess different people have different opinions (surprise), so why try to convince each other of the opposite? It's like trying to convince someone that blue is an ugly color.
You can't convince us that, but I think we would agree that pink is ugly. As is G9.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #2034
snupix

Quote:
I agree this 60 signs are lame. There is even one on crossroad which no one ever use it.

But you should use G9 daily and you would see that mainly Croatians are driving 60 km/h all the way and causing traffic disturbances. You could also check few pages back where there were remarks from your people how speed limit is 60 all the way. So I assumed that they don't know there is exact the same rule in Croatia.
Well, like we use to say, sto ljudi - sto ćudi. Most of the male drivers don't obey the limits anyway...

Now, at least we agreed that the limits are lame. Now let's hope for a motorway.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #2035
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Well, like we use to say, sto ljudi - sto ćudi. Most of the male drivers don't obey the limits anyway...
Every second Croatian drives at least 160 km/h on Slovenian motorways.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #2036
snupix

Quote:
Every second Croatian drives at least 160 km/h on Slovenian motorways.
The other half would do the same, but they're afraid of the Slovenian police.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #2037
Verso
Islander

Thank god for our police then. :p
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #2038
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:

That part of the road was destroyed by trucks carrying material for new motorway. It will get repaved after all works are done.
entire section was like this until few years ago, now some segments are like this and that has nothing to do with new motorways and trucks.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #2039
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

All I've got to say is, ya'll just acting up like a bunch of whiney ass brats.

No! it is 100, nah 130, 110...380...15 this that, yes - no, no - yes! You don't know, I do! Nah nah nah boohoho, give me my toy back nooow!.

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #2040
snupix

Quote:
Thank god for our police then. :p
We could use some of it here in Croatia. I know they especially 'like' Croatian plates, so they'd be more than fine here

But the fines stay in HR.

Tags
highways, motorways