daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #2041
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
I know they especially 'like' Croatian plates
How do you know that anyway? If you're too fast, you'll be fined, as simple as that. I don't know how someone driving too fast can complain about being fined. And as I've already said, Croatians drive quite fast.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #2042
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

That's from the experiences I've heard... True or not, it makes me think before driving 90 through that 60km/h intersection shown on the previous pics...
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #2043
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

If speed limit is valid for like 20 or 100 meters, I am sure you can see ahead if there is police.

But I don't remember any Croatian car ever being stopped on G9. Speed limits checks are rare, there is usually just border patrol checking illegal activities.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #2044
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

There are, i have seen those "hunters" with police cars.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #2045
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post

But I don't remember any Croatian car ever being stopped on G9. Speed limits checks are rare, there is usually just border patrol checking illegal activities.
i saw it at saturday.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:54 PM   #2046
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Very interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Še članek iz današnjega Dela:

Construction of motorways
For thirteen section to Gruškovje yet the no plan
In mid-July a section Slivnica-Draženci will be open and congestion at the border continues to increase - the municipality of Videm Podlehnik and aspire to begin to build the road

Podlehnik - Mayor of Videm and Podlehnik, Frederick Bračič and Marko Maučič, try to accelerate the formation of the national plan for the building highway section of the Ptuj Dražencev to border crossing Gruškovje. Yesterday, in Podlehnik invited all parties involved and they presented a life unbearable at the present road, and also announced more protests if the government mills and the administration also continues to slow.

National spatial plan to see the retail sector by the end of this year, but that no one can promise. Therefore, it remains unclear when these will be 13 kilometers of motorway could begin to build. Municipality Podlehnik in the first outline plans require that before the construction of the motorway, built alongside the regional road, as on its local road through the center of the settlement will not allow all transit traffic, and construction machinery. For additional road to be taken, in particular, resolution of additional program and provide some money, which would again be extended wait for the start of the work.

However, people believe that about this section, Slovenian politics plays with neighboring Croatia. There is no logic on 15th July this year will be opened a new section of highway Slivnice in Maribor to Dražencev, and from there will continue unknown long remained current for three decades old and already destroyed road. As the approach to the motorway in the two municipalities in the state of traffic during the tourist season become even more unbearable than ever, so Podlehniku announced yesterday in a bar or a protest.
"If on this road happens only a minor car accident in the peak tourist season, there would be a congestion to Graz or Vienna," says Mayor Podlehnik. The problems of life on the road the next day tried to inform the President, the Prime Minister and the guardian of human rights. That policy, as in the civil initiative created Podlehniku stress that with its warnings and announced a feature does not hinder the construction and not opposed, but want to step up and as soon as possible to ensure normal life.
Franc Milošič
Google did translation, i am sorry if it not very nice

Last edited by zezi; May 21st, 2009 at 09:39 PM.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:58 PM   #2047
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19428

Please translate it to English, or I'll delete it.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:32 PM   #2048
Verso
Islander

Videm -> Udine And traffic jam to Vienna.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM   #2049
Total

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I agree this 60 signs are lame. There is even one on crossroad which no one ever use it.

But you should use G9 daily and you would see that mainly Croatians are driving 60 km/h all the way and causing traffic disturbances. You could also check few pages back where there were remarks from your people how speed limit is 60 all the way. So I assumed that they don't know there is exact the same rule in Croatia.
Ofcourse we do! Braking is wasting of fuel So why accelerate when i will soon (but i dont know exactly where) have to brake

Dont get me wrong, I guess it all comes down to that when i drive at home i rarely obey speed limit because i know road well and i know how fast i can drive safely and on top of that i know where police likes to check up on my speed. But in foreign country i try to obey speed limits as much as i can because i have to trust the signs for direction and for safety... The "try" part is that i also admit speeding over on some parts because i noticed i am being too slow for rest of the trafic... And in the current state of things, i definitely wouldnt like to be stopped by police. Maybe i wouldnt have problems and meet nice policeman that is not making fuss over what is my license plate but you never know, same i would reccomend for Slovenians coming this year on vacation...

Cheers!

P.S. To be sort of on topic, any grand openings lately, or at least small ones? I checked official pages http://www.dars.si and status seemed pretty much the same. And some parts are due to be opened in June 2009. is that true?

Last edited by Total; May 22nd, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
Total no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:54 PM   #2050
Verso
Islander

Soon to be opened Maribor bypass (A1), A4 Maribor - Ptuj and the last 10 km of H4.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:38 AM   #2051
pijanec

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i saw it at saturday.
And where could they manage to do speed checks? Majority of speed limits are valid for less than 100 meters, some even for only 10 meters. But there is always parked police car somewhere beside the road to calm down the traffic and this car will soon be accompanied by fake human-police figure.

Last edited by pijanec; May 23rd, 2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:44 AM   #2052
pijanec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total View Post
Ofcourse we do! Braking is wasting of fuel So why accelerate when i will soon (but i dont know exactly where) have to brake

Dont get me wrong, I guess it all comes down to that when i drive at home i rarely obey speed limit because i know road well and i know how fast i can drive safely and on top of that i know where police likes to check up on my speed. But in foreign country i try to obey speed limits as much as i can because i have to trust the signs for direction and for safety... The "try" part is that i also admit speeding over on some parts because i noticed i am being too slow for rest of the trafic... And in the current state of things, i definitely wouldnt like to be stopped by police. Maybe i wouldnt have problems and meet nice policeman that is not making fuss over what is my license plate but you never know, same i would reccomend for Slovenians coming this year on vacation...
Remember that driving 60 km/h where speed limit is 90 km/h and there are any cars behind you carry the same fine as driving 90 km/h where there is 60 km/h speed limit. Both is 60 euros.

So, if you are driving 60 km/h all the way just to be safe from the police because of your license plate (which is nonsense anyway) they can still fine you for not obeying traffic laws.

Last edited by pijanec; May 23rd, 2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM   #2053
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Remember that driving 60 km/h where speed limit is 90 km/h and there are any cars behind you carry the same fine as driving 90 km/h where there is 60 km/h speed limit. Both is 60 euros.

So, if you are driving 60 km/h all the way just to be safe from the police because of your license plate (which is nonsense anyway) they can still fine you for not obeying traffic laws.
Are you kidding me? How can you get fined for driving slower than speed limit (which itself states 90 OR less) posted? That's ridiculous.
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:42 PM   #2054
ChrisZwolle
Road user

You can get fined if there is a minimum speed limit, or if you are driving dangerously slow. You read about grandpa's getting fined, or their license revoked because of very slow driving every week in NL.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #2055
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Yes, it is obviously possible to get fined, for example our road traffic act states:

Act 361/2000 Coll.

§ 18 2)
Driver is not allowed
b) restrict the flow of traffic on the road, especially by unreasonably slow drive and slow overtaking.

Unreasonably is the key word, if you drive 60 kph on a stretch while there is a 90 kph limit, it might be treated as unreasonable...
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM   #2056
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Yes, but being fined for doing 60 on such road is a bit of an exaggeration.
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:51 PM   #2057
keber

Likes (Received): 1365

Not for me. If the road is for 90, then use it for that. (Actually the fine is for people, who drive less than half of permitted speed and obstruct traffic)
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2058
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Not for me. If the road is for 90, then use it for that. (Actually the fine is for people, who drive less than half of permitted speed and obstruct traffic)
I think the signs "90" mean 90 km/h MAX, not 90 km/h ONLY. At least here they do.
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM   #2059
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubart View Post
I think the signs "90" mean 90 km/h MAX, not 90 km/h ONLY. At least here they do.
That's true, but that doesn't justify to drive much slower because "90 is only the max". If the road allows, you should always drive the speed limit on one lane roads.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:04 PM   #2060
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That's true, but that doesn't justify to drive much slower because "90 is only the max". If the road allows, you should always drive the speed limit on one lane roads.
I agree, but for driving 60 one shouldn't be fined. It ain't extremely slow.
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways