daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 24th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #2801
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Firefighters arrived in 7 minutes, so no larger damage was done.
That is fairly quick, considering tunnel Trojane is relatively remote. Celje and Ljubljana are equally far, but there only very small villages closer to the tunnel.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #2802
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2286

Perhaps the Trojane village firefighters arrived...
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #2803
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Trojane has a population of 103. I doubt if they have an own fire department, but it might be possible considering the tunnels in that area.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #2804
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

There is a special 24h-7d professional firefighter service in Vransko, just 9 km away, established especially for 4 motorway tunnels of Trojane hills. It was considered as unnecessary by some, but now it saved a tunnel from greater damage. Other firefighters needed at least 20 minutes to arrive. Looking at video above, you can imagine, that 7 and 20 minutes can make a drastic difference.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #2805
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

what was that all actually about? one truck stopped, the other one crashed into it, but it seems that it was damaged allready soner. what happened there?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #2806
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptik View Post
I saw this map on www.promet.si and I'm interested in those section I've marked green and brown:
1) green - is this route available, because I didn't go this way since A4 opened, and google maps and www.najdi.si maps don't have this route (I suppose www.promet.si is much better map than google maps and/or www.najdi.si but "bolje pitati nego skitati" )?
2) brown - is this route under DARS vignette system and if it's not, can I go from south with main road 9, go northward on A4 and take very first exit toward Ptuj, which is that brown line, without any need for DARS vignette system?
Also ...
3) My humble opinion to avoid A4 till Maribor is to take right near Tržec from main road 9, continue north via Zagrebačka cesta (red line) and turn left on green section that is leading to main road 1. Am I thinking correct?

1) green route is newly opened and available.
2) brown route isn't so good if you are going to Maribor because you end up at Ptuj and you have to take some local roads to continue towards Maribor. But old road to Maribor is full of radar traps so...
3) you are correct.

Yesterday I saw one Croatian driver on A4 who was caught in typical Slovenian mobile radar police trap (it's a shameful trap). If someone is driving very close or just behind you and want to push you so you start to drive faster because of that, don't. It's usually police.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #2807
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Yesterday I saw one Croatian driver on A4 who was caught in typical Slovenian mobile radar police trap (it's a shameful trap). If someone is driving very close or just behind you and want to push you so you start to drive faster because of that, don't. It's usually police.
Thank you.
Yesterday I drove through A1 & A2 from Koper to Bregana, and I didn't see any (police) car which would behave in a way you mentioned. (There was a police car there on the end of A2 near Novo Mesto. You must obey the slowing speed signalisation on end of the motorway.) However, on A1 from Divača to Ljubljana one must be very cautious when passing Romanian pickups and busses. When the missing part of the A2 near Trebnje will be finished?
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #2808
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

And one more remark. From just say Raka to Obrežje the snow was beginning to fall, and the road was wet. But there was no slowing speed signalisation because of wet road surface. On contrary, on Croatian A3 there was speed slowing on 100 kmph on the whole motorway from Bregana to Podsused.

For me, there is very ridicolous that on the first rainfall or snowfall in Croatia they promptly reduce speed to 100 kmph (that means that on Karlovac viaduct the speed limit is even 80 kmph).

However, I saw the similar behaviour in Austria, on the A9 from/to Graz to/from Wildon (or Leibnitz.)
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #2809
x-type
con los terroristas

that is normal because road companies are protecting themselves from guiltiness if accident happens.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:49 AM   #2810
pijanec

They are not reducing speed limits in Slovenia because law say that everyone must drive with an appropriate speed for given weather conditions. They will lower speed limits if there will be something drivers can't notice, like very strong winds.

I also never experienced lower speed limits in Austria because of rain or just snowing (and I am driving there often). But Croatia is overreacting with this special speed limits (sadly, in general their speed limits are typically those seen on Balkans, like ultra low that even if you try you can't obey them) and they don't remove them even when everything is already clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
(There was a police car there on the end of A2 near Novo Mesto. You must obey the slowing speed signalisation on end of the motorway.) When the missing part of the A2 near Trebnje will be finished?
Yeah, Slovenian police is always at the end of the motorways. About A2: they will finish it before summer season.

Last edited by pijanec; January 25th, 2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #2811
keber

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
what was that all actually about? one truck stopped, the other one crashed into it, but it seems that it was damaged allready soner. what happened there?
Truck didn't had appropriate safety distance between themselves (normal practice among most truck drivers here). First truck malfunctioned and had to stop, then others crashed into. Second one caught fire in a moment.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #2812
pijanec

Short safety distance is a nice way to save on gas.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #2813
prasak

Likes (Received): 32

I don't understand the driver in the 3. truck (behind the burning one). He remained sitting in his vehicle and watching fire in front of him. He could have tried to go 1 or 2 meters back (and signal that to the driver behind) or simply run away as fast as he could.
prasak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #2814
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Likes (Received): 8030

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
In direction of Ljubljana. Most necessary repairs were done, but some will have to be done in spring because of temperatures.
Some pictures of damaged tunnel equipement:
Former traffic light:
For a moment there I thought it was sort of an alien life form
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #2815
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasak View Post
I don't understand the driver in the 3. truck (behind the burning one). He remained sitting in his vehicle and watching fire in front of him. He could have tried to go 1 or 2 meters back (and signal that to the driver behind) or simply run away as fast as he could.
yeah, that's so weird. usually truck drivers are very cooperative and gladly help each other in trouble.
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #2816
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Hav eyou forgotten me or what? I am making comments about the motorways and the mountains all the time and noone is saying anything.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #2817
rarse

Likes (Received): 1

What sections are supposed to be opened in 2010 and which month?
rarse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #2818
Satan Of Panonia

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
1) green route is newly opened and available.
2) brown route isn't so good if you are going to Maribor because you end up at Ptuj and you have to take some local roads to continue towards Maribor. But old road to Maribor is full of radar traps so...
3) you are correct.

It's a form of nationalism in Slovenia.The discrimination of all the ex-Yugoslav peoples(currently Croats) is an issue in Slovenia.

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,...49caf29,0.html
Satan Of Panonia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #2819
keber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarse View Post
What sections are supposed to be opened in 2010 and which month?
A2 Pluska-Hrastje 14 km long (on Ljubljana-Zagreb motorway) in June 2010.

That is all for this year openings.
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #2820
rarse

Likes (Received): 1

TY Keber.
rarse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways