daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:10 AM   #2981
treichard

Likes (Received): 0

Are any detailed maps of the new A2 section near Trebnje available online?
http://cmap.m-plex.com/
treichard no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2010, 02:28 AM   #2982
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

pretty detailed. www.promet.si
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:24 AM   #2983
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

More direct link:
http://www.promet.si/portal/map/portal.aspx?lng=EN

(around Trebnje they are currently ahead of time)
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:24 PM   #2984
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

With the completion of the Ljubljana - Zagreb motorway it seems that Slovenia has "almost" finished it's entire motorway network. What is left; small section from Maribor towards Zagreb & Ljubljana towards Rijeka, is that correct?
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:32 PM   #2985
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

In my opinion, there are still four missing links

* the small gap near Trzic (U/C)
* Ptuj - Croatian border
* Postojna - Croatian border
* Koper - Croatian border

Other than that, the Slovenian motorway network is pretty adequate, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to widen some sections of the Ljubljana ring road to 2x3 lanes.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:51 PM   #2986
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

what do you think about wide northern Ljubljana bypass (for instance Krtina - Vodice)? would it be necessary to build?
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM   #2987
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I see what you mean, but I think most traffic on A1 and A2 have a destination or origin in Ljubljana. I think such a bypass would be nice for through traffic, but it won't relieve H3 of much traffic.

I think a high-standard 2+1 grade separated road can do the job there.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:32 PM   #2988
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

* Ptuj - Croatian border

Other than that, the Slovenian motorway network is pretty adequate, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to widen some sections of the Ljubljana ring road to 2x3 lanes.
actually, Slovenia finishes its motorway network (or motorway cross) in 2013 with Koper - Lucija expressway. Ptuj, Postojna, Koper - Croatian border - that's all part of the additional highway programme, as well as the 3rd development axis (Celje - Velenje - Austrian border).

http://www.dars.si/Dokumenti/2_AC_HC...OAC%202010.pdf

Last edited by hofburg; July 3rd, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM   #2989
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

So X-type, all your theroies of Slovenia wanting to hinder Croatia having a good economy are not true, are they?
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 11:15 PM   #2990
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
I think a high-standard 2+1 grade separated road can do the job there.
Upgraded main road is planned there with bypasses (construction of first such bypass, of Mengeš should commence this year), sadly no grade separation is planned. Still it will quite improve traffic conditions in that region. 2+2 motorway or expressway here is not needed, however.

2x3 expansion of Ljubljana bypass and some nearby connecting motorways is planned for next decade or two, but it will be very costly, especially on northern and eastern part.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #2991
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
So X-type, all your theroies of Slovenia wanting to hinder Croatia having a good economy are not true, are they?
you mean because of opening new stretch which had to be opened 8 years ago? well, hopefully HR will finally soon enter to that lousy organization called EU and will pull some money from funds to invest into finnishing some slovenian motorways. i know it isn't that simple, but that's the most possible scenario.
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #2992
Gyorgy

Likes (Received): 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
you mean because of opening new stretch which had to be opened 8 years ago? well, hopefully HR will finally soon enter to that lousy organization called EU and will pull some money from funds to invest into finnishing some slovenian motorways. i know it isn't that simple, but that's the most possible scenario.
Oh, do you know when was the first deadline to finish the entire motorway cross?
Gyorgy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #2993
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyorgy View Post
Oh, do you know when was the first deadline to finish the entire motorway cross?
was there any? they never talked about deadlines. i only know that A2 motorway was (is) being built at snail's speed.
Old July 4th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #2994
hofburg
middle lane hogger

15 years ago they talked about year 2004 as deadline.
but it's true that A1 was a priority for slovenia (finished 2005, Maribor bypass in 2009), for two reasons I think,
1. A1 is more important for economy and serves the main cities
2. on the route of A2 there was already a good road before.
Old July 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #2995
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

* Ptuj - Croatian border
One half of the smaller gap by Tržič was actually opened in 2007, now they are rebuilding the other half with more the 40 years old viaducts (they were demolished and will be completely new) and they are also widening the old tunnel, so it will have a hard shoulder, like the new one, opened in 2007.

Ptuj-Croatian border will be completed in 2013 and I think we needed this road like already in Yugoslav times.

Postojna-Croatian border: the average day traffic is, I think, around 6,000 vehicules (its peek in the summer weekends is around 20,000) so I think we need a public debate in Slovenia how to finance that road. I still think the new road is needed there due to the curvy present road.

Koper-Croatian border: in that direction they are building a coastal expressway, which will end in Lucija, some 5 km from Croatian border at border crossing Sečovlje. There is a plan for another expressway towards border crossing Dragonja, which will link Koper to the Istrian Y expressway in Croatia. There are no time schedules for that section, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by mmmartin; July 4th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
mmmartin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #2996
mmmartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i only know that A2 motorway was (is) being built at snail's speed.
Actually the A2 was built pretty fast from Novo mesto to Croatian border. The terrain there is pretty easy and they mostly used the route of the old Brotherhood and Unity road.

From Novo mesto to Ljubljana the first parts of the full profile motorway were built in the end of the 1980's and in the beggining od the 1990's, still in Yugoslav times. After Slovenia gained independence and started building the motorways again in the mid 1990's this corridor had to wait for the A1, which connects the port of Koper to its markets and the biggest Slovene cities. In the mid 1990's there was also war going on in the Balkans, so the traffic in direction from Ljubljana to Zagreb was not that high as it was in the corridor that is covered by A1. They finished some sections of A2 between Ljubljana and Novo mesto pretty fast, but this last one, that passes Trebnje was pretty problematic. There was an ongoing debate about the route that lasted some 10 years and that is the main reason we had to wait this section for such a long time. Because, believe me, we needed this section badly because of industry in Novo mesto and not just to connect Ljubljana and Zagreb.
Old July 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #2997
mmmartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
I think that Croatian economy needs good policies and ideas and is not so much dependent on Slovenian motorways as it is on its people.
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #2998
Gyorgy

Likes (Received): 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
15 years ago they talked about year 2004 as deadline.
but it's true that A1 was a priority for slovenia (finished 2005, Maribor bypass in 2009), for two reasons I think,
1. A1 is more important for economy and serves the main cities
2. on the route of A2 there was already a good road before.
It was 1999. Short after Ljubljana ring road was completed. Now when was A1 finished? Last year, so that's 10 years later than in the first plan.
Gyorgy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #2999
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
Postojna-Croatian border: the average day traffic is, I think, around 6,000 vehicules (its peek in the summer weekends is around 20,000) so I think we need a public debate in Slovenia how to finance that road. I still think the new road is needed there due to the curvy present road.
I reckon this may be the last link in Slovenia to be built. Though, if all must-have projects are completed, there should be some funding left-over for less profitable sections, like this one. 6,000 is not enough to warrant a full motorway, but 20,000 definitely is. Most capacity of the 2x3 lanes in France isn't used for much of the year either, only during the summer.
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #3000
mmmartin

There is one more important expressway that is planned in Slovenia, the so called "third axis" connecting northern and southern Slovenia from around Dravograd via Velenje and Celje towards Novo mesto and Metlika, reaching the Croatian border near Bosiljevo, where there is an interchange for Rijeka and Split. No fixed term plans are made yet, the financing of this road is also a matter of debate.

Tags
highways, motorways