daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #3181
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaRoy View Post
Unfortunately I cannot read Slovenian or Croatian. Anyway, I can only assume those kinds of border arrangements were created when ownership of individual parcels were taken into consideration.
You're correct. Let me translate those two sentences:
Quote:
... Od današnje slovensko-hrvaške meje se loči po tem, da je bila takrat celotna k. o. [katastrska občina] Sekuliči vključena v Vojno krajino (XII. slunjski regiment), na vsaki strani meje pa je obstajala mala množica enklav, ki so mnogokrat obsegale le eno ali dve parceli, vendar so se sčasoma stopile s sosednjim ozemljem (Kos 1987: 18). Edina preostala enklava, ki se je obdržala do današnjih dni, je v vasi Brezovica pri Metliki (glej sliko 4.2).
Quote:
... From the present Slovenian-Croatian border it [the border in times of the Austrian monarchy] differs/differed in that back then the entire cadastral district of Sekuliči/Sekulići was included in the Military Frontier (XII. Slunj Regiment), while on both sides of the border there were plenty of enclaves, which often comprised just one or two parcels, but eventually they merged with the neighboring territory (Kos 1987: 18). The only existing enclave left until today is in the village of Brezovica pri Metliki [Brezovica by Metlika] (see image 4.2).
I hope that explains it.

In other news, the missing part of A4 (Ptuj-Croatia) goes U/C next year and is to be completed in 2013. There were also some talks about expressway to Velenje.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #3182
Verso
Islander

double
Old September 29th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #3183
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
In other news, the missing part of A4 (Ptuj-Croatia) goes U/C next year and is to be completed in 2013.

Any official news story on this?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #3184
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Actually only spatial plan for new motorway was accepted by the government, which means they can start to buy necessary land and make detailed plans for construction. If the construction will start next year it is not so clear (finances).
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #3185
Verso
Islander

Yeah, the spatial plan was adopted.

http://www.dars.si/Novice/Uredba_o_d...kovje_730.aspx

The length of the motorway will be 13.05 km.
Old October 9th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #3186
Verso
Islander

H6 now officially exists. The two expressway parts of the G2-111 (Koper-Izola-Portorož-Croatia) were renamed into H6 (Koper- and Izola bypasses), the rest of the road stays G2-111. You now also need a vignette for the expressway parts as they went in hands of DARS (although they didn't mention the Izola bypass, just the Koper bypass, so I'm not sure).

http://www.dars.si/Novice/Vinjeta_od...edelo_732.aspx
Old October 9th, 2010, 04:26 AM   #3187
treichard

Likes (Received): 0

More specifically, where do the sections of H6 end?

Are these the endpoints?
Road 11 interchange (H5 ends here, too?) to the next interchange to the west.
and
Interchange northeast of Izola to the first intersection southwest of Izola?
http://cmap.m-plex.com/
treichard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #3188
Verso
Islander

Yes, from the G1-11 interchange (where H5 ends) to the end of the 4-lane expressway (or perhaps ~1 km sooner, at the future interchange with the new expressway for Pula). As for Izola bypass, just the 4-lane part (if at all, I'm not sure, they don't mention it). So yes, H6 is currently very short.
Old October 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #3189
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

so Izola bypass require a sticker now?
Old October 9th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #3190
keber

Not yet. But with future additional section of expressway before (in construction) and after (in design phase) Izola bypass it will be needed sooner or later.
Old October 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #3191
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

What about the construction of the HC towards Dragonja? Any map?And are there going to be some tunnels?
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #3192
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
What about the construction of the HC towards Dragonja? Any map?And are there going to be some tunnels?
The red variant:

Old October 30th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #3193
Verso
Islander

As this thread is quite boring lately, even proposals deserve to be mentioned. So, this is a new proposal for building Škofljica bypass towards Kočevje, as well as widening the A2 motorway southeast of Ljubljana. Here is a drawing made by keber. Pay special attention to 2×3 turning into 4×2 (not 2×4) by Ljubljana (due to lack of space).
Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
I hope it gets built.
Old October 30th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #3194
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
So, this is a new proposal for building Škofljica bypass towards Kočevje, as well as widening the A2 motorway southeast of Ljubljana. Here is a drawing made by keber. Pay special attention to 2×3 turning into 4×2 (not 2×4) by Ljubljana (due to lack of space).I hope it gets built.
nice proposal. those 4 tunnels will be similar to those ones on A4 near Vicenca..

Quote:
As this thread is quite boring lately,
I think it's due to (almost) finished motorway cross. big openings are behind us, from now on we'll get only less important short links and widenings (Ljubljana ring I hope). but to make it less boring, we could start documentating Slovenia's main roads, bypasses, city avenues. currently I am not in Slovenia, so, Verso...?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #3195
ChrisZwolle
Road user

4x2 because of the additional tunnels required?

By the way, is that Škofljica exit where you feel like you're plunging down from the Avtocesta?
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #3196
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i could have taken a lots of photos of SLO motorways in last month, but i traveled it in night each time. in last month i ahve passed them all except Ljubljana - Maribor and Maribor - Hungary and these are the only SLO motorways which I havened seen yet, they are absolutely out of all my routes

this proposal is interesting, in that tunnel always appear crowds. btw, in which of those 2 tunnels at A2 is speed control, that one, or the other?
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #3197
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
I think it's due to (almost) finished motorway cross. big openings are behind us, from now on we'll get only less important short links and widenings (Ljubljana ring I hope). but to make it less boring, we could start documentating Slovenia's main roads, bypasses, city avenues. currently I am not in Slovenia, so, Verso...?
Iono, I'd have to buy a new cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
4x2 because of the additional tunnels required?
Yeah, because of tunnels, not lack of space. It would be less chaotic than widening the existing tunnel(s). But it would be interesting, if they also widened the southern or eastern LJ bypass. You'd come from 3 lanes (one direction) to 2 in the Malence interchange, and then back to 3 after it. But widening to 4×3 (or widening any ramp to 3 lanes in the interchange) probably wouldn't make sense (at least I hope so, or else we'd be stuck with 4 too narrow tunnel tubes). I guess AADT is somewhere around 25,000 now, so low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
By the way, is that Škofljica exit where you feel like you're plunging down from the Avtocesta?
What do you mean? It would be right before this viaduct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
btw, in which of those 2 tunnels at A2 is speed control, that one, or the other?
There're no radars in Slovenian tunnels, only before and sometimes after them. There's one right after the second tunnel and viaduct from Ljubljana (but in direction LJ), but the speed limit there is 130 km/h. In the other direction a radar is right before it, and speed limit 100 km/h (although now I'm not sure a radar is really there; keber should know better).

Last edited by Verso; October 30th, 2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #3198
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
What do you mean? It would be right before this viaduct.
I mean this one:

image hosted on flickr

pic 121 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #3199
Verso
Islander

No no, that's 20 km from Ljubljana.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #3200
keber

That's Višnja Gora exit (as written). For Škofljica it is currently Ljubljana-south, right before A1-A2 interchange, which causes many conflicting traffic situations and numerous accidents, which can cause half-day traffic jams.

Those 4 tunnels are taken from proposal for widening of complete Ljubljana bypass including widening both A1 approaches and A2 from Zagreb. New Škofljica exit (if it will be approved) was added later (although speculated before). It is much easier to construct additional 2 tunnels as part of interchange than to widen both tunnels, also traffic safety is much increased, if traffic flows separate/merge before/after tunnel (and not oppose)

Tags
highways, motorways