daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 21st, 2007, 02:49 PM   #421
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

That's true, but there are so many non-motorway tunnels in the Alps which have this traffic volume.

But i hope they will add a second tube too
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM   #422
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
That's true, but there are so many non-motorway tunnels in the Alps which have this traffic volume.
That's why I'm affraid it won't get built so soon. Even we have more important projects to complete, let alone Austria with quite many important single-tube tunnels to expand.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #423
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Likes (Received): 46

Actually these roads of Slovenia reminds me some past projects of Europe....2 zones and a half emergency???
they are tottaly small...i dont see something important than that they are new....thats why the south Balkans are connected with North Europe from Egnatia odos of North Greece via fast ferries from adriatic sea to Bari and then via Italy you can go everywhere......

Last edited by ELLIN; October 25th, 2007 at 06:05 PM.
ELLIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #424
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Superb!

And now some "road" pictures from Slovenia from yesterday:

Roads or rivers?!

The first rough estimates of the damage count in a couple of hundred million euros! For a country of our size...
Dont be bothered Verso fires are WORST

Last edited by ELLIN; October 25th, 2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #425
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Likes (Received): 71

ELLIN's post should be delleted.
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #426
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephasto View Post
ELLIN's post should be delleted.
Nephasto tell me why and i will delete them my self
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #427
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Because it's completelly of topic and pure and simply a provocation.
Probably because you're jealous of Slovenian motorways and the attencion they are gettin in this thread.
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:42 PM   #428
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephasto View Post
Because it's completelly of topic and pure and simply a provocation.
Probably because you're jealous of Slovenian motorways and the attencion they are gettin in this thread.
no..i cant be jealious cause i think the photos of the motoways above are better....jealious of what????
Nephasto with all my repsect you are making a mistake....you are right that maybe was something out of this topic....but believe me i dint do it in a negative way....i just have some open cases with Verso on the subject motorways and economic development.....
Nephasto dont let me do a topic about Greece highways or even no to be missunrestand about Portuguese...i just expressed my opinion that they are really small.......they could do it bigger and this is something that will help all the balkans not just Slovenia cause the highways connecting the sounth balkans with west Europe are a big problem....
Making some critisism is allways negative..all we have to scream wow!!!
I cant sorry.....
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #429
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Please remain ontopic: Slovenian motorways. There are other Greek and Portuguese threads.
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #430
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIN View Post
i just have some open cases with Verso on the subject motorways
Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for pictures of Greek motorways, but they are here.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #431
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

oups!!!!yes....
Im new in skyscrapercity i have an excuse
No offence!!I will take care(delete these pcs)
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #432
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

@Ellin, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but Slovenian motorways are some of the better ones you can find in Europe.

And I remind you that you aren't quite in a position to brag about how the Greek motorway network is superior to the Slovenian one, when in fact it also has a major gap and bottleneck on the Tempi valley between Athens and Thessaloniki (the 2 largest cities).
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:05 PM   #433
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Quote:
Actually these roads of Slovenia reminds me some past projects of Europe....2 zones and a half emergency???
they are tottaly small...
Explain please.
I don't get what you mean.
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #434
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
@Ellin, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but Slovenian motorways are some of the better ones you can find in Europe.

And I remind you that you aren't quite in a position to brag about how the Greek motorway network is superior to the Slovenian one, when in fact it also has a major gap and bottleneck on the Tempi valley between Athens and Thessaloniki (the 2 largest cities).
well spot critisism...but keep in mind that Tempi is one of the most difficut problems world wide....actually due to the erathquake landscape...the surface is moving 50cm a year..whatever you make there you have to rebuild it after 5 years...we hav the same problem at the national road out of Athens at malacasa ...where the new national road it is "survive" on a moving landscape under...but pay attention at Tempi right now..the project is amazing and in 3 yeras the problem wil be sold....
Well i think that these roads are small....i believe in future they will stacked from traffic easy...Slovenia has small population and maybe is ideal but what is going to happen when Kroatia,Montenegro and Albania use in the future these roads to go North....many times you can find traffic in the national road of Greece from Athens to Thessaloniki which in most of its parts has 4 lanes and a half emergency
actually slovenian roads reminds me egnatia at north Greece....
In conclusion i have to say that some countries like Netherlands for example(amazing highways) a construction of a road is a pice of cake due to the landscape.....and in Greece .....a project that needs years of preparations....due to the landscape conditions.
Slovenian motorways gives the impression of the well develop structure,but not an impression of an expensive structure(signs by the streets,not a really safe midle-lane-and not planted- bettwen the 2 roads...i believe that if you make a big motorway (4 lines)connects south with north and the gates of the country with Italy on the north and Kroatia on the south you country will have a lot to earn as a main passing area bettwen south and north Europe....
A question.....
How you pay for a toll if you want to use the national main highway????

Last edited by ELLIN; October 25th, 2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old October 25th, 2007, 11:21 PM   #435
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Why not continue this discussion in the Greek motorways thread , eh?
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #436
mojaBL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
i just expressed my opinion that they are really small.......they could do it bigger and this is something that will help all the balkans not just Slovenia cause the highways connecting the sounth balkans with west Europe are a big problem....
well it is not. u can go Thessaloníki, Skopje, Nis, Belgrade, Zagreb, Ljubljana etc. and almost everything is a highway.
mojaBL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #437
ELLIN
MOLON LAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Why not continue this discussion in the Greek motorways thread , eh?
I agree....i didnt want to interupt actually
Old October 28th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #438
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Hello everyone! That's me again !
This is my first post on this thread, but it was only a question of time, when i visit Slovenian site. And i see the same old crew.
So, i have some questions:
1. When will they open missing parts of A2 (Ljubljana-Karavankentunnel)? This summer i needed 2,5 hours to travel a distance of 70 km, because of trafficjams on Ljubliana ringroad and then at Radovljica. That was ridiculous waste of time!
2. I saw many roadmaps of Slovenia. Last part of A2 was predicted to be open in 2000, then 2002, 2005 and 2007. Why it takes so long? What caused such delay?

EDIT : I found the answers...
a za oknem słonko świeci.

Last edited by pmaciej7; October 28th, 2007 at 07:30 PM.
pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #439
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Forgive me, but i just could't refrain from commenting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
I hate maps, they're impractical and get ripped in mutiple pieces often. Especially when you are using it in your car, or even worse, when your girlfriend is touching it. I prefer road atlases instead. Especially spiral bindings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I like maps more than atlases, cuz you have a country in one piece, but atlases are indeed much more practical, and don't get torn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
i prefer navigation the most :p .
Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
NEVER! I think it's idiotic that a computer has to lead me. It's much more fun with a (preferrably Michelin) map, choosing the best and most interesting way, stopping at crossroads and looking at the map etc...Although I'm sure I could get to any known town or city in Europe without any map
I also prefer road atlases. I think it is great fun to plan new trip with a real piece of printed paper. Viamichelin (however it's the best and helpful roadplanner) or Mappy or others will not give you such pleasure, will simply make you lazy.

I use 2004 Marco Polo Europe Atlas 1:750.000 & 1:1.500.000 (scandinavian part). It's enough detailed to plan a long trip and to have an orientation while driving. Now i'm looking to buy a new one, but new edition is printed on worse paper and has a stoopid vertical division.

Shell atlases are also good. I don't like all the atlases with green motorways (for example Copernicus).

Spiral bindings are good, if you change your atlas every year. It also depends on quality. If atlas is printed on a thin paper, it may not last even one year.

I don't use navigation, i'm too old .

Guys, now i see we should start a new thread: About all and about nothing, and post there anything we want to talk about.
a za oknem słonko świeci.

Last edited by pmaciej7; October 28th, 2007 at 07:19 PM.
pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #440
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I have 28 road atlases, from all over the world, from South Africa to California, from Thailand to Russia, from Germany to Spain, and from the United States to Malaysia.

My oldest is a 1987 Rand McNally USA road atlas, the newest a 2008 Rand McNally USA road atlas (large spiral).

Tags
highways, motorways