daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #4681
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

there is even no space for that. where would you put the junction? I think Divaca-Jelsane motorway is good solution.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #4682
Marin85

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Do you think Italians wanna build another motorway southeast of Trieste? For what, 6,000 AADT?
No need for that, it would be enough it links with the slovenian one.
Marin85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #4683
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

I think you should concentrate on connecting with A3 or H4, not Črni Kal. It's not a good connection for anything past Trieste (Udine, Venice etc.).
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #4684
Samy70

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
A4 completion is first on to-do list for Dars, no worry.
Others are H6 completion to Lucija and H5 construction to HR border.
I believe after Croatia joins EU traffic will increase, especially in coastal area. Already now many weekend tourists come from Slovenia, Austria and Italy even outside tourist season.

And direct motorway Trieste-Rijeka is currently out of question until traffic quantity improves drastically.
I doubt Croatia joining EU will have any impact at all regarding Italian visitors, we have been able to visit Croatia easily for quite some time, and will continue to visit Croatia's seaside towns based upon how much we can afford and what Croatia has to offer. Considering our economy is still going in the wrong direction, with no clear way out, if anything over the long term I fear a contraction rather than increase in Italian tourists to Croatia.
Samy70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #4685
A11 LJUBLJANA
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 754

Are there any plans to convert B91 (A)/101 (SLO) to Autobahn?
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #4686
Marin85

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samy70 View Post
I doubt Croatia joining EU will have any impact at all regarding Italian visitors, we have been able to visit Croatia easily for quite some time, and will continue to visit Croatia's seaside towns based upon how much we can afford and what Croatia has to offer. Considering our economy is still going in the wrong direction, with no clear way out, if anything over the long term I fear a contraction rather than increase in Italian tourists to Croatia.
That's your Varesino point of view.
For Trieste, Rijeka is the natural (geographic and population-wise) sister city, being just 60km away and having a twin history to theirs.
Moreover, for Veneto region, Croatia is extremely interesting. Believe me I know from insider experience that most medium and big companies in Veneto are looking very much forward to Croatia joining EU, having a very positive outlook for extending their influence over there (As has always been throughout the last 1000 years of history). Some have already done so, and quite successfully.

Last edited by Marin85; June 9th, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
Marin85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #4687
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11 LJUBLJANA View Post
no
but on slovenian side is 2 lane expressway-like road with few grade separated exits. on austrian side the road is very curvy, with exception of bridge over Drava river, which has 4 lanes.
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #4688
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Road 101 at interchange with A2

image hosted on flickr

Bled 068 by hofburgh4, on Flickr
Old June 9th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #4689
Broccolli

Likes (Received): 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11 LJUBLJANA View Post

No plans, but in the other hand on the Austrian side (at Deutscher Peter Gasthof) roadworks are in full progress i think they will expand the road a little bit and that is it, nothing spectacular though.
Broccolli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #4690
A11 LJUBLJANA
Frequent flyer

Likes (Received): 754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolli View Post

No plans, but in the other hand on the Austrian side (at Deutscher Peter Gasthof) roadworks are in full progress i think they will expand the road a little bit and that is it, nothing spectacular though.
S39 or A19 ??
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #4691
Broccolli

Leider gibt es darauf bis jetzt noch keine Antwort
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #4692
Verso
Islander

It would be better to plan an expressway between the Austrian A2 and Dravograd to connect with the future expressway Dravograd-Celje.
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #4693
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

I doubt if the Austrians are willing to build such a Schnellstraße. They have other priorities up to 2025 - 2030 (eastern Austria). Such a Schnellstraße would not be very hard to construct though, there is a wide valley available between Sankt Andrä and the Slovenian border. The Slovenian segment appears to be more difficult to construct.

Talking of construction, where are all the motorist-relating taxes going to these days? There are hardly any large-scale construction projects going on, except for finishing the H5 near Koper.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #4694
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Talking of construction, where are all the motorist-relating taxes going to these days? There are hardly any large-scale construction projects going on, except for finishing the H5 near Koper.
Money from motorway tolls goes mostly to repay loans for already built motorways and expressways. Next year it will be critical, because money needed to repay loan annuities will be about 1,5 higher than all paid tolls from vehicles. Financial solution to this is still not known as talks with the banks continue. DARS gets only 65% of money in tolls per km of motorway compared to Austrian Asfinag so financing new projects without state help is more difficult.
Still next year beginning we can expect A4 construction (last part to border) to start. Also some money will be needed to introduce free-flow electronic tolling for heavy vehicles which *should* start next year.

However there are quite some roadworks to repair older motorway so money goes also there. Fuel and registration taxes go directly to state budget (which has own big problems) and only a part of that money goes back to roads.

Last edited by keber; June 10th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #4695
Verso
Islander

Quote:
I doubt if the Austrians are willing to build such a Schnellstraße. They have other priorities up to 2025 - 2030 (eastern Austria). Such a Schnellstraße would not be very hard to construct though, there is a wide valley available between Sankt Andrä and the Slovenian border. The Slovenian segment appears to be more difficult to construct.

H6.

I've heard that Austrians recently talked about that expressway, but postponed its idea for the time being. I think it should be at least a wide 2-lane expressway. But I'm not sure where it should run. St. Andrä is closer to Dravograd, but maybe that part of Slovenia is more interested in connection with Klagenfurt (there's only Wolfsberg in the other direction, Graz isn't so close). So perhaps an expressway between Völkermarkt and Bleiburg/Pliberk would be better.
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #4696
mpeculea

Likes (Received): 343

Quote:

Do you mean something like this?

I too believe that the difficulties of this build are of strategic and financial nature and not technical. Not for Austria, at least...
Plus, the Schnellstraße isn't very long with 21,5 km.

hofburg, Verso liked this post
mpeculea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #4697
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Is there any motorway under construction in Slovenia? Seeing that economy is in deep recession (like in Spain, we're brothers in fatality) how is affected the infraestructures?

And other question (sorry for my english) It is true that Slovenia is not constructing links for Croatia because the government prefers to built first links to Austria and Italy?
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #4698
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
Is there any motorway under construction in Slovenia? Seeing that economy is in deep recession (like in Spain, we're brothers in fatality) how is affected the infraestructures?
Only 5 km of H6 Koper-Izola (with a 2-km-long tunnel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
And other question (sorry for my english) It is true that Slovenia is not constructing links for Croatia because the government prefers to built first links to Austria and Italy?
Links with Austria and Italy are preferred, yes, but they are now built (if I don't count the expressway discussed in the last posts). Motorway Ljubljana-Zagreb is finished, Maribor-Zagreb is almost finished (but problematic in summer weekends), other roads to Croatia don't have so much traffic (but I think H5 to Croatian Istria should be built faster).

@mpeculea: interesting picture, but I doubt Austrians will ever build an expressway there. They will either connect Dravograd with St. Andrä or Griffen with Bleiburg (or nothing at all).
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #4699
Broccolli

@mpeculea
that would be great

H6 Koper-Izola
Markovec tunnel- Link: http://www.dba.si/project.php?project=2
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #4700
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

Verso thank you for your quick answer. I hope to visit Slovenia, I admire a lot your country.
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways