daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #4761
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2305

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
What has a country size to do with truck tolls? They are calculated per km of motorway and are quite low comparing to Austrian tolls.
Of course size matters, Dolga Vas-Fernetti is ~290 km long and toll is 80 EUR. Fernetti-Milano is ~400 km long and price is 60 EUR. Is it fairly calculated per km? Slovenia is just flowers compared to your neighbors Hungarians, which I assume ate under salted goulash when they decided to raise toll up to 40 EUR for a non-motorway road (86).
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #4762
keber

Likes (Received): 1365

Italy has very cheap truck tolls (therefore their freight railway transport isn't significant) so I wouldn't compare with it.
In Austria you would pay ~140 EUR for the same distance.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #4763
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2305

I think at such rate it soon will be better to drive through Austria, if Slovenia and Hungary will keep rising astronomic prices on their roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
A2 definitely not.
Let's watch route Villesse - Letenye:

route Fernetti - Ljubljana - Maribor - Lendava - Letenye
tolls 66,80€, 361 km

route Fernetti - Ljubljana - Zagreb - Letenye
tolls 67,60€, 375 km

route Basovizza - Kozina - Rijeka - Zagreb - Letenye
tolls 65,20€, 387 km

route Fernetti - Ljubljana - Zagreb - Maribor - Letenye (makes no sense to me)
tolls 102,50€, 457 km

if Slovenia would significantly rise the tolls, i guess that route via Rjieka would be the most popular.

edit: i thought you were talking about Croatian A2. it would be stupid now to erase my post.
but conclusion is that already now the route via Zagreb costs almost the same as route via Maribor.
There is no point in driving through Croatia, tolls are cheap, but fuel is not. Much larger distance, relatively the same expenses.

Last edited by RipleyLV; July 20th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #4764
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
I think at such rate it soon will be better to drive through Austria, if Slovenia and Hungary will keep rising astronomic prices on their roads.

There is no point in driving through Croatia, tolls are cheap, but fuel is not. Much larger distance, relatively the same expenses.
fuel is cheaper in Croatia than in surrounding EU countries and distance differences are really miserable. actually, you have reminded me now: if we would calculate cheaper fuel in Croatia, then it would be completely refundable route because you could fill up the tank to the top and save the money.

HR diesel: 1,267€/l
SLO diesel: 1,376€/l
H diesel: 1,422€/l

so on one average 400 l tank you can save 40-60€. that's slovenian toll in one direction.
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #4765
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Is the Tunnel Markovec already in service?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #4766
keber

No.
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4767
Pascal20a

When it will be finished?
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #4768
toonczyk
autostradożerca

Do you need a vignette to go like this? People claim this roundabout is part of H2, hence it's tolled.
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #4769
keber

Next year.
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #4770
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
When it will be finished?
The company that was building it (Alpine) is bankrupt, but there isn't much work left, so hopefully it will open in a year.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #4771
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk View Post
Do you need a vignette to go like this? People claim this roundabout is part of H2, hence it's tolled.
I don't know which road it belongs to, but you need a vignette for it, because it's managed by DARS.
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #4772
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

I thought I posted this, but obviously not :

My big problem with Slovenia is the utter lack of common sense applied to the vignette system. Charging 15 euro for someone doing Spielfeld-Ptuj is just madness. I wouldn't mind if the vignette was at French levels of tolling - let's say 5 euro for a one way trip.

But I refuse to pay 15 euro - on a return trip, that could be 30 euro - which works out at over 350km of fuel driving on ordinary roads. The alternative - Mureck-Lenart-Ptuj doesn't take much longer, especially with the bypass of Ptuj in place. It also offers the chance to fill up with petrol in Mureck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonczyk
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't there a non-vignette route right there?

http://goo.gl/maps/qxhB1

Still, I wish the vignette countries would get together and think of a way to introduce one vignette for several countries. I'm going back to Slovenia next month - and having to stop at the Czech, Austrian and Slovenian borders is just a pain.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #4773
Pascal20a

Thanks Verso wheres the end of the Hitra cesta H6?
Old July 21st, 2013, 01:35 AM   #4774
Verso
Islander

This is H6 (no, it's not G2-111 any more). It's going to end in Lucija.
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4775
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

It's very interesting, reading several threads in SSC. In every countries of a sticker based toll system, users complain and need something distance based toll. On the other hand, in every countries of a distance based toll system (either electronic or with toll gates) users complain and need a sticker system :-))
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM   #4776
Verso
Islander

Only foreigners and occasional users complain about vignettes.
Old July 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM   #4777
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19428

That's not so weird considering a vignette has the most advantage for domestic users. € 95 for unlimited mileage for a year is not much.

On the other hand I think you'd pay more in Switzerland and Austria if they used a regular toll system like in France and Italy.

Is there another road tax in Slovenia, for example for owning a car? We have a monthly road tax in the Netherlands. I pay € 65 per month.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM   #4778
kreden

Likes (Received): 589

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is there another road tax in Slovenia, for example for owning a car? We have a monthly road tax in the Netherlands. I pay € 65 per month.
We have what is called registration, like a tax you pay when you renew the car's registration, but it is not that much, between 62 and 565 €. It used to go towards state roads (not tolled roads), then to railways and now to both.
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM   #4779
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Only foreigners and occasional users complain about vignettes.
it's the season of complainings but in their defence, normal paralell roads to toll roads are not well signed in some places (Škofije, Pesnica roundabout).
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:38 PM   #4780
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3454

I just drove through Slovenia and also found the vignette to be quite expensive compared to for example Austria.. €30 for one month. The roads were fine (after the shitty Karawankentunnel which is a hellhole). The part that wasn't fine was the part when the A1 stopped and it turned into a regional road for about 25km's between Slovenia and Croatia.. 2 hour traffic jam.. In the heat. Awful. Build a highway already!

In the end it took me 9,5 hours from the A10 (70km North of Villach) to Pula, at the end of A9 in Croatia. Only 415km. Never again, I'll try Zagreb on the way back.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways