daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #4801
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

Would be a better solution to extend H5 from future endpoint at southern entrance into tunnel Markovec to Dragonja? In that case it will be necessary to drill perhaps shorter tunnel Baredi instead of proposed tunnel Šalara? And there will be one expressway H5 Koper-Markovec-Izola (with connection to Piran)-Baredi-Dragonja instead of two parallel expressways (H5 Koper-Markovec-Izola-Piran and H6 Koper-Šalara-Dragonja).
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #4802
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Tunnel would be even longer than proposed Šmarje tunnel + proposed cut&cover tunnel at H5-H6 interchange combined. Maybe in short term it would be a bit cheaper with less needed contstruction outside of the tunnel however with rising traffic density that would later cause problems when mixing local and transit traffic around Koper as tunnel Markovec has only four lanes and will already have 30-35.000 AADT in the beginning (annual traffic, not just summer). Combine that with about 10.000 AADT of transit to Istria and then multiply that with next 20 years (e.g. 3% annual growth) and you'll need another tunnel to bypass Koper.

Here is a map of officially accepted solution of H5.
http://www.dpa.mzip.gov.si/doc/Pregl...P-Dragonja.pdf

darko06 liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #4803
darko06

So, as can be seen from this map, the main route (motoway/expressway without "left ramps") will go at "razcep" Škocjan from A5 to A6 Koper-Dragonja. The main route of the whole A1-H5-H6-CRO A9 motorway/expressway will be from Ljubljana (razcep Kozarje) to Pula (cloverleaf interchange).
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #4804
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

H5 = Italy-Croatia, H6 = Koper-Lucija
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #4805
darko06

Thanks.
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #4806
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

I found two negative aspects on the signage around Ljubljana: first, not many foreigners know that sever=south and zahod=west; myself had problems the first time I drove there, second, there are some signs with Trst only instead of Trieste\Trst; I think that many non-slavs would have problems to identify it either.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #4807
Verso
Islander

Where did you see Trst-only signs? I don't think there are any. As for directions, I don't think many foreigners care about them, they only care about center.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #4808
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Where did you see Trst-only signs? I don't think there are any. As for directions, I don't think many foreigners care about them, they only care about center.

from the previous page
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #4809
Verso
Islander

That's by A1×A3, not Ljubljana. I don't think it's particularly problematic since you have "I" there as well, but I'd definitely add "Trieste" (it could be on one of the next signs, but I'm not sure).
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #4810
keber

This is a sign from late 1990ies (and before). Those signs didn't have nothing else as Slovenian name.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #4811
Verso
Islander

There's Trieste from the other direction.
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #4812
keber

A sticker with the name was added later.
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #4813
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I found two negative aspects on the signage around Ljubljana: first, not many foreigners know that sever=south and zahod=west; myself had problems the first time I drove there, second, there are some signs with Trst only instead of Trieste\Trst; I think that many non-slavs would have problems to identify it either.
Sever is north

Verso liked this post
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #4814
Verso
Islander

Yes, I didn't even notice it.

North = sever
South = jug
East = vzhod
West = zahod
Center = center, (središče, sredina)
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #4815
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Minimal knowledge of local language for drivers is required in most countries. You don't see english names of sky directions in Italy either.

Moravian liked this post
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #4816
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Cardinal directions are fairly similar in most Slavic countries though. Poland is a bit different with north and south, but otherwise it looks similar.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #4817
Verso
Islander

I have no idea how cardinal directions are called in Hungarian (I've heard, but I don't know which is which), but that doesn't bother me at all. If I'll go to Budapest or some other city, I'll go to the center.
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #4818
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
South = jug
Jugoslavija = South Slavic Land
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #4819
Verso
Islander

Yes (Bulgaria missing).
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #4820
TurboEngine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 358

We are not Slavs