daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #5721
Karaya

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
@ Karaya, I was only referring to motorway network, I do realize that regional roads are also important. But sometime you should build motorway (or half motorway) to connect to areas, like Rijeka-Postojna, even if there is low AADT, to maintain traffic flow.
The traffic flow here is just fine. Border crossing Jelšane:

-3850 cars
-50 buses
-130 heavy trucks

As you can see, this is no major corridor.

At least border crossing Gruškovje has better numbers, but still pitiful for a motorway and a "major" corridor:

-7000 cars
-120 buses
-750 heavy trucks

This is also the reason why this section is the last section from the first slovenian motorway program to be built. Although some people outside Slovenia believe that this is a part of a conspiracy... but they clearly don't know the numbers.
Karaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2015, 06:57 PM   #5722
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
The traffic flow here is just fine. Border crossing Jelšane:

-3850 cars
-50 buses
-130 heavy trucks

As you can see, this is no major corridor.

At least border crossing Gruškovje has better numbers, but still pitiful for a motorway and a "major" corridor:

-7000 cars
-120 buses
-750 heavy trucks

This is also the reason why this section is the last section from the first slovenian motorway program to be built. Although some people outside Slovenia believe that this is a part of a conspiracy... but they clearly don't know the numbers.
do you have summer seasonal statistics, or only those average annual?
Old August 16th, 2015, 03:22 PM   #5723
Karaya

Likes (Received): 752

This is only AADT. Interesting data (year 2009), check the index in the last column:

Motorway Postojna - Jelšane would be profitable only 2-3 months per year.

Source: http://www.dlib.si/stream/URN:NBN:SI...506a424b4d/PDF
Karaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 06:11 PM   #5724
kreden

Likes (Received): 589

Dars tweeted that construction of the first flyover has begun on the A4 Draženci-Gruškovje:

Source: https://twitter.com/DARS_SI/status/633603436001525760

MichiH, Luki_SL, Verso liked this post
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 06:27 PM   #5725
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

Do they sell the Hungarian vignette at all (motorway) petrol stations in Slovenia? I looked up Petrol and MOL and they appear to sell them.

How do you buy the Hungarian vignette? It's not a sticker so you'll have to enter your license plate. Is there some kind of terminal or does the attendant do that for you?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #5726
kreden

Petrol only sells them at select stations in the east of the country. As far as I know, the attendant enters the data at the till.
Old August 18th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #5727
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Do they sell the Hungarian vignette at all (motorway) petrol stations in Slovenia? I looked up Petrol and MOL and they appear to sell them.

How do you buy the Hungarian vignette? It's not a sticker so you'll have to enter your license plate. Is there some kind of terminal or does the attendant do that for you?
I found it best to simply buy them online. I do this for Romania too.
https://ematrica.nemzetiutdij.hu/
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 11:25 PM   #5728
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

A4 LOT 2

Quote:
After it was rewarded the contract for construction of the first section of Drazenica-Gruskovje motorway in May, it appeared yesterday that Euro-Asfalt provided the best offer for the second phase of the project, according to Slovenian media. EuroAsfalt offered 46 million Euro price which is almost by 40 percent lower than the estimated value of the project of 74 million Euros.
http://www.bosniatoday.ba/bosnian-eu...venian-market/
Quote:
According to the agreement beginning of works is expected 28 days from the date of signing.
The contract includes construction works on motorway A4 Slivnica – border crossing Gruškovje, subsection AC Draženci – MMP Gruškovje, II. b phase – initial construction works.
Deadline for completion of works is 12 months.
http://www.mi2news.com/euro-asfalt-g...ia-photo/5827/
The price is about 48 million €. I guess it's the construction entire section LOT 2, isn't it?
Why is the deadline 12 month (construction period September 2015-August 2016), the section was announced to be completed by July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
If I got it right (using Bing Translator), there is a matter with awarding the contract. Appeal... And it's said, if construction would start in May 2015, the first section could be opened in September 2017, the entire motorway by July 2018.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 11:33 PM   #5729
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
Just drove from Rijeka to Postojna, on my way to Germany, and the country road section from Rupa (Croatia) to Postojna is a mess. You go through villages within a few metres of peoples dinning room windows, many trucks, and heavy traffic. I think this section is only some 30 km long. Is there any plans for Slovenia to complete this section? If so is it a high, medium, or low priority?
Traffic is far too low to build a motorway there (except maybe between Postojna and Pivka), and there are very few trucks there, because they are banned, but that road is very winding and goes through many villages (just drove on it today), so they should definitely build something new there, like a two-lane expressway or so. Rijeka is cut off from Central Europe with this road.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 11:53 PM   #5730
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
The price is about 48 million €. I guess it's the construction entire section LOT 2, isn't it?
Yep. But the contract was not yet signed

Quote:
Why is the deadline 12 month (construction period September 2015-August 2016), the section was announced to be completed by July 2018
Because is not the same section 12 months is for section II. b where will be doing only preparation work for section II. a. Contract was signed for 7.522.744,64 EUR.

MichiH liked this post
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 11:57 PM   #5731
kreden

Quote:
A4 LOT 2

The first tender had two competitions, one was for phase 1 and one for phase 2b. Euroasfalt was awarded the second one. The second tender was for phase 2a, Euroasfalt is again the cheapest, but it has not been awarded the contract yet, the applications need to be fully reviewed first. It's not a done deal at all, it could still very well fall out of the running if problems with their application were to be discovered, it actually happens quite frequently with public tenders in Slovenia.

The 12-month deadline applies to phase 2b, the entire phase 2 will be completed by July 2018, though.
Old August 19th, 2015, 12:46 AM   #5732
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Traffic is far too low to build a motorway there (except maybe between Postojna and Pivka), and there are very few trucks there, because they are banned, but that road is very winding and goes through many villages (just drove on it today), so they should definitely build something new there, like a two-lane expressway or so. Rijeka is cut off from Central Europe with this road.
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:07 AM   #5733
Verso
Islander

What?

x-type liked this post
Old August 19th, 2015, 02:30 AM   #5734
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

With the A4 - do we know what's going to happen with the old state road? Will there still be a road from Ptuj to Gruskovje that avoids the motorway, or will the Slovenians finally find a way to force the Poles and Czechs to pay for the vignette?

(Verso - just so you know, two more transits of Slovenia on the Ptuj-Lenart-Mureck route. And I got stopped and tested for alcohol by the Slovenians! The police were nice, but very confused when I told them that it would be fun to get tested and that I was really happy that they were doing it)

Shenkey liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 02:45 AM   #5735
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
With the A4 - do we know what's going to happen with the old state road? Will there still be a road from Ptuj to Gruskovje that avoids the motorway, or will the Slovenians finally find a way to force the Poles and Czechs to pay for the vignette?
There will be a new parallel road.

Quote:
(Verso - just so you know, two more transits of Slovenia on the Ptuj-Lenart-Mureck route. And I got stopped and tested for alcohol by the Slovenians! The police were nice, but very confused when I told them that it would be fun to get tested and that I was really happy that they were doing it)
They probably thought you were drunk.
Old August 19th, 2015, 03:41 PM   #5736
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Got it! But when should construction works on LOT 2 begin?

A4: Ptuj – Podlehnik 7.3km ( August 2015 to Late 2017) – projectmap
A4: Podlehnik – SLO/HR border (Gruskovje) 6.1km (2015/16 to July 2018) – projectmap

Is my data correct?

What's the exact length of the 2nd section, I read 6.05km (6.1km) but the project page reports 5.771km (5.8km). 1st section should be 7.260km (7.3km).

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Luki_SL liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:54 PM   #5737
kreden

That depends on whether the tender procedure finishes smoothly or if there will be appeals to the National Review Commission. Most likely this year, but it could drag on into 2016.
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:26 PM   #5738
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
There will be a new parallel road.
Good I'm getting so familiar with the anti-vignette route that it would be a shame to have to actually pay for a vignette The road surface is getting worse and worse every year, but some parts are still very nice.

Speaking of that route, some Czech moron in a van sat behind me flashing his lights for me to let him by for about 20km. The problem was that I was far faster than him on the open sections of road, as well as in moderate bends - he only caught up on the sharper bends. He eventually managed to overtake in Mureck, but in a dangerous and very stupid way. Then he stopped at the same petrol station as me to buy a vignette...

But I'm thinking about moving to Slovenia. If I do, I'll buy a yearly vignette, promise

I've just discovered that Polish, Czech, German, Dutch and Austrian forums all advise you how to drive through Slovenia without paying for a vignette. I thought it was only Poles and the Czechs that avoided it!

Quote:
They probably thought you were drunk.
Probably, especially when I started telling them about some wonderful coffee that I was drinking next to the border.

Shenkey liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:33 PM   #5739
Verso
Islander

Quote:
I've just discovered that Polish, Czech, German, Dutch and Austrian forums all advise you how to drive through Slovenia without paying for a vignette. I thought it was only Poles and the Czechs that avoided it!
You forgot Croatian forums.
Old August 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM   #5740
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

The Slovenian vignette is quite unfortunate for north-south transit traffic, especially from Graz to Zagreb and in particular from Trieste to Istria. For the latter route it takes almost more time to purchase and attach the vignette than to drive the tolled segment.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways