daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 26th, 2015, 11:50 PM   #5781
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Depends on when they'd widen it. I think the first section to become 6-laned is the western Ljubljana bypass, although that's just 3 km.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2015, 11:54 PM   #5782
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

We said that for the whole A1 just 10 years ago that it does not need 6 lanes for decades. Now things are changing. As H5 won't be built for at least another 7-10 years I presume traffic will come in the meantime. It would also help with interweaving of traffic between two interchanges.
Actually H5 already has very wide hard shoulders acceptable for 3+3 between A1/H5 interchange and Bertoki exit (main entrance for trucks to Port of Koper, whose traffic grows more than predicted in most optimistic predictions). Koper municipality already plans 2+2 expansion of current road between Bertoki interchange to new entrance to Port.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 11:55 PM   #5783
kreden

Likes (Received): 589

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
It makes sense, building a separate expressway from Koper to the HR border seems a waste of money. It makes more sense to extend the current one.
The problem is the highway to Lucija will be needed regardless of whether they choose this new route towards Dragonja or stick to the old one. Izola-Portorož has an AADT of 20,000, whereas the border crossing at Sečovlje only has an AADT of 4000. Piran, Portorož and Lucija generate enough traffic on their own to warrant an expressway.

Two expressways are therefore a reality, the only question is the starting point of the route to Dragonja.
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 11:57 PM   #5784
Gedeon

Likes (Received): 12472

Why not just extend expressway from Lucija further to Sečovlje/Plovanija?
Gedeon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 01:10 AM   #5785
keber

Why not:

1. border point at Dragonja was agreed by both countries long time ago, A9 also ends in such manner that it can be prolonged only to Dragonja.

2. to avoid airport and protected saline territory that it is also a nature reserve - also Dragonja valley between both border points is almost exclusively high quality farmland.

3. As hills above valley around Parecag, Seča and Sečovlje villages are quite densely inhabited, at least 2 extra tunnels are needed. Tunneling in flysh stone can be quite difficult and expensive. It wouldn't be much cheaper as it would still be 14 km (including 1 tunnel of 1,6 km) against 7 km (including 2 tunnels of 2,2-2,5 km) of additional expressways.

But as not a lot of advanced activity is currently going on with H5 planning, everything still seems to be possible.
Old August 27th, 2015, 01:14 AM   #5786
Gedeon

A9 can really go both ways, this connection is only temporary.
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:14 PM   #5787
keber

It can go any way but for the cost. A9 needs to lower itself for about 110 m in very short distance and going to Sečovlje would need massive works for constructing U-turn on Croatian side. Getting A9 to Dragonja is for Croatia cheaper and easier. Also you forgot number 2 on above list, which is actually the most important reason why there won't be any new road ad Sečovlje/Plovanija border crossing.
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #5788
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Fun fact of the day: I've just discovered that the road between the H7 expressway and the Hungarian border (former G1-3, which doesn't exist any more) according to the Infrastructure Agency isn't called H7, but G2-109. This road also runs from Lendava to the Croatian border, but not through Lendava itself (that's a local road), so there are two parts of G2-109. I think it's a little funny.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 10:57 PM   #5789
HRHB

Likes (Received): 15

A week ago, I drove thru this villages from MMP Gruškovje to MMP Šentilj and saw some construction machines near razcep Draženci, on both sides from the street, I assumed that they were digging for the avtocesta to Gruškovje but I wasn't sure. Anybody knows what's going on there?
Old August 29th, 2015, 04:03 PM   #5790
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHB View Post
A week ago, I drove thru this villages from MMP Gruškovje to MMP Šentilj and saw some construction machines near razcep Draženci, on both sides from the street, I assumed that they were digging for the avtocesta to Gruškovje but I wasn't sure. Anybody knows what's going on there?
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=5724
čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:57 AM   #5791
kozorog
Above-the-clouds

Likes (Received): 4294

kozorog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 11:17 AM   #5792
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

This video shows the importance of double steel crashbarriers. Concretes one are even safer.
This happened due to single steel crashbarriers.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 01:08 AM   #5793
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Sllovenia
by Ulpi Ana, on Flickr

Sllovenia
by Ulpi Ana, on Flickr

Sllovenia
by Ulpi Ana, on Flickr

Sllovenia
by Ulpi Ana, on Flickr

Autobahn-mann, SRC_100 liked this post
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 02:10 AM   #5794
Gedeon

Love the Y interchanges around Ljubljana
Old September 21st, 2015, 10:57 AM   #5795
Lion007
Lion007

Likes (Received): 9256

Highway A4 Draženci - Gruškovje 14.9.2015

kozorog, Luki_SL, SRC_100, definitivo, MichiH and 1 others liked this post
Lion007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 04:02 PM   #5796
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Is the 2nd section already under construction or just preparatory works? I read that clearance works have recently been started.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 02:38 AM   #5797
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

I just can argue, that there was nothing (no works) visible when i was there in august MichiH. You stated that works begun in july, but thats just a difference of a week. I know that i wondered about the gap in the motorway going from croatia northward. If there would have been any progress, my curiousity for streetworks would have spotted it.

Last time beeing in Slovenia (and also visiting beautiful dragonja) i wondered about the Non-connection of slovenian and croatian network. Still i dont understand the priorities. If you come from italy and go southward, the connection between koper and dragonja wont help much. Its a big detour using coratian A9 and A8 whilst croatian A7 remains unconnected. Tourism is nice for the budget, but how could it be justified to forget about the industrial centers, which are not big in number. Triest and Rijeka need a better connection, i think.

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:53 AM   #5798
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
I just can argue, that there was nothing (no works) visible when i was there in august MichiH. You stated that works begun in july, but thats just a difference of a week. I know that i wondered about the gap in the motorway going from croatia northward. If there would have been any progress, my curiousity for streetworks would have spotted it.
Well, we saw the pics. In addition, a guy wrote on a German forum three days ago that there is an intense construction activity! He thinks minimum the first carriageway of the first section could be opened for traffic by summer 2016. Deadline is November 2017 though.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 03:26 PM   #5799
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Oh i don't doubt it.

So this means, that after the new carriageway is finished, they start renovating the old? For the streetworks alone, its not such complicated to finish them early, the land for the widening was reserved, there is no demolition to be done, is seems that even some earthworks were done for a wider street.

But what about the level crossings? Bridge building takes a while. I looked up the very good project page. They plan some parallel roads to allow acess to houses and fields. Thats going fast and will reduce level crossings. But there are also a lot of new or renewed under- and overpasses.

If they remove level crossings, and open the new carriageway before all bridges are built it can be far going from one side of the motorway to the other for locals. If they keep level crossings until final completion, where is the benefit in comparison to the actual situation? The pavement might be better, but for works it is an additional logistic burden.

Quote:
Gradnja posamezne etape avtoceste pa bo potekala v več fazah in sicer:
faza – dograditev obstoječe glavne ceste - izgradnja polovice AC, promet bo nemoteno potekal po obstoječi glavni cesti. Izvedejo se vsa križanja preko nove AC (nadvozi, podvozi, mostovi) v polni širini za zagotavljanje prečnega prometa preko današnje glavne ceste;
faza – preusmeritev prometa na novo izgrajeno polovico AC in dograditev druge polovice AC, promet poteka po polovici nove avtoceste.
If i get it right, their aim is to finish all those bridges etc. before the route will shift to the new carriageway. Seems ambitious to me?

It says for the first section 28 month are planned construction time, starting august (not juley) 2015, finish should be december 2017. The second section should take 32 month final opening in june 2018, counting back 32 month, they should at least start there in october this year.

Most important it says, that treaties are already made for the first section, but that bids could made for second until 12.08.2015. Afterwards it would take some weeks until everything is fixed. So thats why there logically should not yet be works at second section, except for something not included in the tender: Some cutting trees, and demolishing (which is not much necessary here, as i pointed out above) might be, in germany archeologics do their work before, and the search for military remains (of WW2 in our case). Slovenia was small affected by direct battles in 10-days war...

As far as i am concerned Wehrmacht used route over Varazdin in the north and following Sava in the south aiming to Zagreb. In 10 days war, JNA used same routes in the other direction. There seems to be literally no risk.

But you know laziness kills:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/bl...oedie-1.888201

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:14 PM   #5800
Motorway Fan

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
It says for the first section 28 month are planned construction time, starting august (not juley) 2015, finish should be december 2017.
You are wrong, data from one of the partners in consortium, CGP

"Dela na projektu so se pričela 22.7.2015 in bodo predvidoma končana 22.11.2017"
Works began 22.7.2015 and deadline is

Source: http://www.cgp.si/Aktualni-projekti/...1kovje-I-etapa
Motorway Fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways