daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #5921
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Surely if Slovenia also goes to electronic tolling, the EU has to finally wake up and demand a unified system for the EU? It's such nonsense that a truck driver going from Lithuania to Croatia would have to obtain boxes for Poland, the Czech Republic, Austria and Slovenia.

It really should just be a single box with the charge capped at 30 Euro and with the capability of taking tolls from the box in the currency of the box owner.

There are moves towards that with the "European Electronic Toll Service" (EETS), see e.g. http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes...payment_en.htm

I am not sure however how far this is away from actual implementation, it seems to be quite some years though...
rudiwien está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2016, 03:30 PM   #5922
kozorog
Above-the-clouds

Likes (Received): 4294

kozorog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:01 PM   #5923
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiwien View Post
There are moves towards that with the "European Electronic Toll Service" (EETS), see e.g. http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes...payment_en.htm

I am not sure however how far this is away from actual implementation, it seems to be quite some years though...
It really should be implemented ASAP. I've just seen that the Belgium 'solution' involves a box even bigger than the German one, which is absolutely ridiculous.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:37 PM   #5924
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozorog View Post
The driver of that first car -- the one rushing down the road at Autobahn speeds right before the careening, out-of-control auto rack -- must've been panicking for his life at that point.
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 10:57 PM   #5925
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Current progress of the construction works between Draženci and Gruškovje (A4), as of March 5, 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCXG902Oyuo

You can clearly see that works are also progressing on the 2nd part between Podlehnik and Gruškovje. There are banners of "Euro Asfalt" visible.

Festin, Luki_SL liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 08:02 PM   #5926
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Aparently Slovenian police started confiscating driving licenses and vehicle registration certificates to foreign drivers caught driving on motorways and expressways without vignette (or with the vignette not sticked on the windshield), in addition to fining them.
Is this behaviour legitimate or is it a police abuse?
http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/...nti-1.13082629
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 09:05 PM   #5927
kreden

Likes (Received): 589

It's standard practice when dealing with foreign drivers in order to prevent them from leaving the country without paying the fine.

On a separate note, Dars will be awarding the electronic tolling contract to Q-Free, which submitted the lowest bid. The information is off the record at this point and pending any complaints by the other bidders so it will most likely take a couple more months before the contract is finally signed, that is if everything goes well.

Last edited by kreden; March 7th, 2016 at 09:14 PM.
kreden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 09:18 PM   #5928
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
You can clearly see that works are also progressing on the 2nd part between Podlehnik and Gruškovje. There are banners of "Euro Asfalt" visible.
I don't see construction works there .

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

kozorog, belerophon liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 10:13 PM   #5929
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Aparently Slovenian police started confiscating driving licenses and vehicle registration certificates to foreign drivers caught driving on motorways and expressways without vignette (or with the vignette not sticked on the windshield), in addition to fining them.
Is this behaviour legitimate or is it a police abuse?
http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/...nti-1.13082629
The driving licenses are already questionable, that would only be legal if there's a law which states that as legal penalty. It's withdrawal of driving license, but it would only be valid in Slovenia. However, confiscating registration plates is illegal! Only authorities of the home country are allowed to do that.

belerophon liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #5930
kreden

The police confiscates the person's documents until the fine is paid, they do not confiscate the vehicle's registration plates.
Old March 7th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #5931
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
The driving licenses are already questionable, that would only be legal if there's a law which states that as legal penalty. It's withdrawal of driving license, but it would only be valid in Slovenia. However, confiscating registration plates is illegal! Only authorities of the home country are allowed to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreden View Post
The police confiscates the person's documents until the fine is paid, they do not confiscate the vehicle's registration plates.
Vehicle registration certificate, not vehicle registration plate!

Vehicle registration certificate:

Vehicle registration plate:
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 01:57 AM   #5932
stickedy

Ah sorry, I misread.

I'm not sure about the registration certificate. I think I read something that it's not legal but I don't find anything about it right now.

Keep in mind: Not everything which is done is legal
Old March 8th, 2016, 03:17 PM   #5933
celevac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I don't see construction works there .
There are. Look at minute 12:40 and later again starting at around 13:33 - they have started digging there. The road used to be quite narrow in that stretch, without the construction trench on the left side of the screen.
Old March 8th, 2016, 04:04 PM   #5934
satanism

Likes (Received): 5494

Quote:
Go ask the greeks or the danes...they take your plates and don't care one single bit.....
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 04:40 PM   #5935
kreden

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
There are. Look at minute 12:40 and later again starting at around 13:33 - they have started digging there. The road used to be quite narrow in that stretch, without the construction trench on the left side of the screen.
The main contract for the last stretch hasn't been signed yet, at the moment only preparatory works are going on there. The contract finalisation is dependent on the completion of talks with the EIB on a new credit line for Dars. It should be approved in a matter of weeks.
Old March 8th, 2016, 05:09 PM   #5936
celevac

Quote:
The main contract for the last stretch hasn't been signed yet, at the moment only preparatory works are going on there. The contract finalisation is dependent on the completion of talks with the EIB on a new credit line for Dars. It should be approved in a matter of weeks.
Well, then call it preparatory works - but from what my friend told me (who filmed this) there were workers present on that Saturday digging right next to the old road just before the border in the area seen around minute 13:25-13:45. In any case, I am glad to see that there is finally progress on this section....
Old March 9th, 2016, 06:05 PM   #5937
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
Go ask the greeks or the danes...they take your plates and don't care one single bit.....
I know. But it's illegal. And you have no real choice besides playing along. Like with every state power in every state... And it's even worse if you are a foreigner.

belerophon liked this post
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:49 PM   #5938
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
I know. But it's illegal. And you have no real choice besides playing along. Like with every state power in every state... And it's even worse if you are a foreigner.
Thats called the power of fact. No matter if legal or not, its done, and you have to obey. Dirty filthy....

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #5939
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
A DARS press release from 10th March announces that the final A4 section will be finished by the end of 2018 according to the contract (if Google translation is correct). The previous announcement was July 2018 IIRC.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

kreden liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 02:08 PM   #5940
kreden

Some news from Slovenia:

It's official, Dars has awarded the tolling contract to Q-Free and Telekom Slovenije. Let the appeals begin.

http://www.dars.si/Novice/Izbran_izv...enja_1413.aspx

On a separate note, Dars has withdrawn from the contract to build noise barriers on the A1 between Dramlje, Celje and Arja vas, which was awarded to a consortium of two Croatian and a Slovenian company due to breach of contract. Tests showed that the noise barriers they installed were significantly less effective than required. Since the contractors were unable to remedy the situation, Dars will be repairing them on its own.

http://www.dars.si/Novice/Odstop_od_..._vas_1412.aspx

And finally, promet.si, the official traffic information website, has been updated to show traffic density and travelling times. In the coming months, the public RDS-TMC service will become operational and the website will be updated to provide better support for smartphones.

http://www.promet.si/portal/sl/razmere.aspx

Verso liked this post

Tags
highways, motorways