daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #6241
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreden View Post
It's official: Starting tomorrow morning, the first average speed camera system in the country will start operating on the westbound carriageway of the A1 Maribor - Ljubljana between Trojane and Blagovica, through the Trojane and Podmilj tunnels. The speed limit is 100 km/h.
I don't like average speed cameras, but in tunnels, it seems fair enough, especially given the huge amounts of transit traffic in Slovenia.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #6242
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

The worst is A1 between Maribor (A5) and Divača (A3), other motorways aren't that bad.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 07:49 PM   #6243
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The worst is A1 between Maribor (A5) and Divača (A3), other motorways aren't that bad.

That's close to 40% of the total motorway network length, though, so not that insignficant..
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:22 PM   #6244
Verso
Islander

202 km ÷ 601 km = 34%
Old January 31st, 2017, 01:02 AM   #6245
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
202 km ÷ 601 km = 34%

I wrote specifically motorway, thus excluding expressways, and if my data is correct, we should then be around 38,1% (which I described as almost 40%)

In any way, it is still not an insignificant portion :-)
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:01 AM   #6246
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/...2249?ref=fbfpi

Aparently there are some discussions to implement cheaper vignettes valid only for some stretches of motorway or expressway.
Stretches that will possibly get this option would be:
- Markovec tunnel on H6 Koper-Izola
- LJ ringroad
- MB bypass (A1, H2 or both?)
Koper and Izola municipalities are discussing about the closure of G111 road between them, to convert it into a coastal walkway (the road runs literally few meters from the sea).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:15 AM   #6247
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

That about local vignettes won't happen. Those are just political wishes of two coastal mayors and some promises of our incompetent infrastructure minister.

G111 will be closed at that section that you mention as it was already planned in the past but closure date is not known yet.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM   #6248
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
That about local vignettes won't happen. Those are just political wishes of two coastal mayors and some promises of our incompetent infrastructure minister.

G111 will be closed at that section that you mention as it was already planned in the past but closure date is not known yet.
Wonderful. Coastal road closed and 15€ for the tunnel. Tourism to Izola, Piran and Portoroz will decline a lot.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:26 PM   #6249
Gyorgy

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Wonderful. Coastal road closed and 15€ for the tunnel. Tourism to Izola, Piran and Portoroz will decline a lot.
Quite the opposite, 3 km of shore beeing free for tourist redevelopment between two costal cities.

Even now it's mostly empty, a waste of space.
Gyorgy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:55 PM   #6250
andy276

Likes (Received): 310

Local vignettes almost certainly won't happen, but there are also talks about making the tunnel toll-free, like the Izola bypass is.
andy276 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:11 PM   #6251
Verso
Islander

Quote:
You can drive this way. It's easy, just straight forward.

Solčavec liked this post
Old February 2nd, 2017, 04:19 PM   #6252
keber

Quote:
It didn't decline up to now so I don't see a problem. Almost all tourists that arrive to Slovenian coast, have a vignette already now - that can be easily seen on parking lots.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 07:43 PM   #6253
Verso
Islander

AADT data show that ~25% of all traffic coming from Italy at the Škofije border crossing continues on the old road instead of H5 expressway.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:57 AM   #6254
keber

Those are mostly locals from both side of the border. There are some tourist among them ofcourse.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:28 AM   #6255
Verso
Islander

Locals mostly have vignettes, and there isn't so many of them.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:38 AM   #6256
piotr71

it's not easy to find the old road just after border crossing. There is a need to drive through a petrol station, as far, as I remember.

Last edited by piotr71; February 3rd, 2017 at 11:53 AM.
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:49 AM   #6257
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
it's not easy to find the old road just after border crossing. There is a need to get in petrol station, as far, as I remember.
Exactly. The day I did a daytrip to visit Koper, Izola, Piran and Portoroz (all in a day), I bought the vignette because I figured I would have spent too much time to navigate along local roads. Unfortunately there's no a single parallel road, but you have to travel through unsigned local streets.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:43 PM   #6258
Verso
Islander

Quote:
The day I did a daytrip to visit Koper, Izola, Piran and Portoroz (all in a day), I bought the vignette because I figured I would have spent too much time to navigate along local roads.
Good!

Shenkey liked this post
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:52 PM   #6259
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Well, it's always funny to see how so many tourists travel to the Croatian coast and pass through Slovenia, quite often they travel more than 1000 km one way, and then they waste so much of their vacation time and also gas trying to avoid the vignette sticker in Slovenia... At least when it comes to Šentilj-Gruškovje, I don't know why one would drive another hour on terrible side roads just to save 15 euros... probably the same in Koper region.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 03:35 PM   #6260
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

Well, the vignette cost € 15. It takes more time to park, go in the shop, buy the vignette, attach it to the windshield than to actually drive the entire 5 minute stretch of toll road...

€ 15 for 5 minutes of expressway travel is outrageous.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways